Serenade. Biggest balconies on ship

AZDENNY

There are two Category D1 cabins which are 204 sq. ft. with very large balconies, very similar size to the aft balconies. These cabins are located mid-ship on either end of the "hump". They are #9092 and #9078. Cabin #9576 also has a larger than standard balcony thoughnot as large as the two previously mentioned. BTW, the 204 sq.ft is the size of the cabin only. The balcony gives you extra space. A standard D1 balcony is 41 sq. ft. All of the above mentioned cabins have balconies considerably larger.

Have a wonderful cruise whatever you decide!

There are two Category D1 cabins which are 204 sq. ft. with very large balconies, very similar size to the aft balconies. These cabins are located mid-ship on either end of the "hump". They are #9092 and #9078. Cabin #9576 also has a larger than standard balcony thoughnot as large as the two previously mentioned. BTW, the 204 sq.ft is the size of the cabin only. The balcony gives you extra space. A standard D1 balcony is 41 sq. ft. All of the above mentioned cabins have balconies considerably larger.

Have a wonderful cruise whatever you decide!

The ones across the back like 9260 (D1) have balconies around 10 x 14 so 140 sq ft. 3.5 times larger than a standard.

Thanks, Sue. I have been on some aft balconies on Serenade(visiting) which were about 6 ft. wide by maybe 14ft. long, but I don't recall if they were on Deck 9 so they may not have D1's. Sorry to spread incorrect info. Thanks for the correction. Now I know!!!

Thanks, Sue. I have been on some aft balconies on Serenade(visiting) which were about 6 ft. wide by maybe 14ft. long, but I don't recall if they were on Deck 9 so they may not have D1's. Sorry to spread incorrect info. Thanks for the correction. Now I know!!!

Rala, I was not correcting you,sorry if it sounded that way I was just clarifying the aft balcony dimensions as most people don't realize the difference in size though the cabin is the same size as other D1's :p

Apoggi, quick question...we have 9078 for our Med cruise in Nov. Did you hear noise, music, etc. from the Centrum and did you find the balcony and/ or cabin to be dark. oh, i guess that was 2 questions! I have heard both of these "complaints" and wanted to know what someone who actually stayed in #9078 experienced. Thanks! I think we are going to love the cabin.

Apoggi, quick question...we have 9078 for our Med cruise in Nov. Did you hear noise, music, etc. from the Centrum and did you find the balcony and/ or cabin to be dark. oh, i guess that was 2 questions! I have heard both of these "complaints" and wanted to know what someone who actually stayed in #9078 experienced. Thanks! I think we are going to love the cabin.

We were on the Serenade in #9078. Yes, we did hear some music from the centrum at night .... not loud enough to really bother us - but loud enough to hear. They don't play the music late into the night so it never became a problem for us at all. We didn't find the cabin to be darker than any other cabin we have had.

The balcony was as large as our D1 aft #8172 on the Jewel. It actually had more "useable" space. On the Jewel aft balcony the glass wall (?) below the railing was angled keeping you from putting your chairs right up to it while on the Serenade the wall was completely vertical thus allowing the entire space to be used.

The central location of the Serenade hump cabin was wonderful. I think you'll love it. Have fun.

We loved both cabins and would book either one again in a heartbeat.

Does anyone know if 7658 overlooks the lifeboats or not? Also is the balcony larger than most or the same size? The diagram appears to show the balcony to be a little bigger than normal.

Thanks for thr help.....

Yes, 7658 would be on the lifeboat overhang. We sailed in 7160 (same location on the other side of the ship) a few years ago and have it booked again for this Spring. The last 10 or so balcony cabins on either side of the aft end of deck 7 have roughly double-sized balconies. Your balcony would be about twice as deep as a normal balcony and there is plenty of room for the lounge chair that is provided, along with the normal chair and little table. The dividers between the balconies do not extend all the way to the actual railing, they go about halfway out and then there is a half plexiglass wall on either side. Beyond the railing itself is another 3-4 feet of overhang, so you can't see directly down to the water when standing at the railing. Some people don't like this, but we didn't mind. The extra balcony room more than made up for it, and you can see the ocean just fine when you're lounging on the chairs. Also, on sunny days you have a shaded area and a sunny area and you can drag your chairs wherever you'd like to be.

Carla

What are the largest balconies aboard the Serenade? Are some parts of the ship better for larger size balconies?
The biggest is the Royal Suite, followed by the Royal Family Suites, followed by some of the corner afts.

Archived