Thanksgiving Dinner

CruisinfromNapoli

We've had 2 Thanksgivings on board. There was a Traditional American Thanksgiving dinner offered along with other choices. Last year it fell on a formal night and we feasted on lobster AND turkey. The whole ship was decorated and it was very festive. (You can click on the "paper clip" on the main page to see these photos in a larger format.)

DSC00293.jpg.e6b1e9d321bf1bf5949f41c4d32b7c7a.jpg

DSC00308.jpg.8f075848004055768c1782c401453c33.jpg

Thanks for the advice for Thanksgiving Meal. This will be our first "holiday" Cruise and I was wondering if the kids might be nostalgic for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and now we all can have both! I just joined Cruise Critics and was wondering how you find out if other members will be on your cruise so we can get together? Also if anyone who has sailed on Carribean Princess before can you tell me about the Aft balcony cabins? We will have two on Emerald deck aft and I was wondering about engine noise. Swells do not bother us. Also, I will have my two teenage sons and 10 year old daughter on board and wanted to know about activities on board.:p

Past Cruises:

Carnival Celebration: Feb 2006(Bahamas)

Sapphire Princess: June 2006 (Alaska)

Costa Magica: Feb 2007(Eastern Carribean)

Carribean Princess: Nov 18, 2007 (Eastern Carribean)

Thanks for the advice for Thanksgiving Meal. This will be our first "holiday" Cruise and I was wondering if the kids might be nostalgic for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner and now we all can have both! I just joined Cruise Critics and was wondering how you find out if other members will be on your cruise so we can get together? Also if anyone who has sailed on Carribean Princess before can you tell me about the Aft balcony cabins? We will have two on Emerald deck aft and I was wondering about engine noise. Swells do not bother us. Also, I will have my two teenage sons and 10 year old daughter on board and wanted to know about activities on board.:p

Past Cruises:

Carnival Celebration: Feb 2006(Bahamas)

Sapphire Princess: June 2006 (Alaska)

Costa Magica: Feb 2007(Eastern Carribean)

Carribean Princess: Nov 18, 2007 (Eastern Carribean)

The Roll Call for this cruise can be found at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=492632. There are 100 posts.

On almost all of the cruises I have been on (regardless of cruise line), turkey is always one of the selections on the last night's menu. On my Thanksgiving cruises they seem to just flip it over to Thursday night for Thanksgiving instead, which is nice for the U.S. passengers.

The turkey has been delicious on all my Princess cruises. I had it for the first time on our first Golden Princess cruise, which happened to be the week of Thanksgiving. I've seen it since on all our other cruises and have ordered it.

On the Grand Princess, however, our waitress had a hard time understanding that I wanted my turkey without gravy. She brought me a plate of full of turkey--no side dishes. She brought me the rest of my dinner later after I let her know I wanted the side dishes.

We've had 2 Thanksgivings on board. There was a Traditional American Thanksgiving dinner offered along with other choices. Last year it fell on a formal night and we feasted on lobster AND turkey. The whole ship was decorated and it was very festive. (You can click on the "paper clip" on the main page to see these photos in a larger format.)

WBG and Cassew: I believe Thanksgiving falls on our port day in Naples! Now since I will be getting a massage onboard instead of treating you all to Thanksgiving lunch at my place, what are you going to do? I suppoose the perfect solution would be to have authentic Neopolitan pizza for lunch, and then Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixins for late dinner!!!

Oh, I'm getting my appetite worked up already! I've never actually had turkey AND lobster in the same meal! :)

Archived