Paying for kid drinks on the Explorer of the Seas

JosieRhodes

Ok, I admit it, I am confused on this. And, I've only cruised Disney with my kids.. my questions are:

1) My kids drink milk, juice, or punch/lemonade, not soda. Can they (and me too) get this for free during breakfast, lunch, dinner. I 'm thinking this is probably yes?

2) In between meals, where could they go to get milk, juice, or punch/lemonade. Do you have to pay extra for that? On Disney, they had a "free" drink station up on pool deck with take away cups, that you could always use in a pinch... just want to know what to prepare for on Explorer

3) If not desert for a meal, do you have to pay extra for ice cream stuff during the day?

I'm just not clear on this. Any input appreciated!

Ok, I admit it, I am confused on this. And, I've only cruised Disney with my kids.. my questions are:

1) My kids drink milk, juice, or punch/lemonade, not soda. Can they (and me too) get this for free during breakfast, lunch, dinner. I 'm thinking this is probably yes?

--Yes, they can get milk, juice and punch for free during breakfast, lunch and dinner.

2) In between meals, where could they go to get milk, juice, or punch/lemonade. Do you have to pay extra for that? On Disney, they had a "free" drink station up on pool deck with take away cups, that you could always use in a pinch... just want to know what to prepare for on Explorer.

--They can get drinks at any bar or in the Windjammer during the day (no extra charge). The Windjammer is open almost all day from about 7 am until 9 pm. Additionally, they can get drinks/snacks in the Promenade, as well.

3) If not desert for a meal, do you have to pay extra for ice cream stuff during the day?

--No. There is an ice cream station that can be accessed during the day. I am not sure if Explorer has Ben and Jerry's (the Freedom class ships do). That you have to pay extra for but the self-serve ice cream station is free of charge. :)

I'm just not clear on this. Any input appreciated!

--Hope this helped! Have a WONDERFUL cruise! I sailed on Explorer last year (the port was just 30 minutes from my house!). It was a fantastic cruise!

I have not seen Milk, Juice, Punch in the dinning room but only because I have never ordered it or seen it on trays. Don't know why it wouldn't be available. It is available in the WJ at every meal and in between meals the buffet line will be down but the machines will work. On Voyayer & Freedom class ships there is a cafe on the Prom deck.

One note, if you order juice at a bar there is a charge for it. Instead they should go to the Windjammer or the Cafe Promenade to get their drinks.

Another thing is if you are in your room, just call and order from room service (you do need to tip in cash for that though).

Bring a few empty sports bottles and fill them with lemonade/juice/punch from the buffet for the kids to have in the cabin/at the pool/on excursions. You can also grab some milk cartons to keep in the cabin fridge for times when the Windjammer is closed.

Archived