Sovereign of the Seas - Oceanview Rooms

weluv2cruz07

Sure, you have to climb on the bed to see out, but I don't care. As far as your question about obstructed view. They are fine. The only obstruction is above you. We have been on Deck 8 3 times now, right by the elevators, and our view is fine. We can see out and down with no problems, but if you look up, you are seeing the life boats. We always laugh that the Deck 8 rooms are less expensive than Deck 2 b/c of the obstructed view, but there is no obstruction. We like opening the curtains in the morning just to get the light in. Not a balcony, but for us, better than an inside room.

Go ahead and book them on 8. We always get the 8540 room and really like it. I think there are some right in that area or on the other side that are adjoining. They are great as you are really close to the elevators and stairs.

Have fun.

We just returned from the sov., rm 8038, first rm from elevator. Our "obstructed view" was a small picket fence about 4' covering unknown object. The beds were separated & facing opposite directions. There was a what looked like a built in open storage area @ the foot of one bed & the dresser/desk @ the foot of the other bed. Small table in between beds so no problem looking out the large window. Except for size of rm. [which we adjusted to & hardly used] it was fine. That was the lowest category I so we were happy w/the special price also. Missed our Mariner balcony but for 4 nites, great.

There are 6 cabins with no obstruction near a front elevator, Im in 8572 which has 25% obstruction....no big deal to me. There is a orange boat overhead which blocks a very small amount and a metal rail up and down.

If I cant see 100% I think its just fine?? Be aware that the bed will be next to the window so you cant stand at the window anyway. The cabins are small.

Archived