Booking Guaranteed Cabin--Do you get cabin assignment before or after final payment?

jt58203

This is probably just a coincidence. Out of the six cruises I booked a guarantee, three I brought princess insurance and was assigned and upgraded right away. ( bottom inside to top inside;bottom balcony to top balcony) Two I waited several months and got what I was booked for. The sixth I am still waiting. Next princess cruise I will buy princess insurance and see what happens.

Sometime your cabin assignment shows up with a day or so, other times after final payment, and sometimes not until a couple of days before you sail. There is no rhyme or reason or way to determine when it will be assigned.

So even if I made final payment on my sailing(2 weeks ago), I still dont get my cabin assignment??? I checked my cruise personalizer and everything was complete except my statesroom #. When my cabin is assigned does it come up on my cruise personalizer?? It concerns me that others on my sailing all have there statesroom #'s and I(going solo) dont??

So even if I made final payment on my sailing(2 weeks ago), I still dont get my cabin assignment??? I checked my cruise personalizer and everything was complete except my statesroom #. When my cabin is assigned does it come up on my cruise personalizer?? It concerns me that others on my sailing all have there statesroom #'s and I(going solo) dont??

Actually, making final payment has nothing at all to do with when your assignment will show up, sorry. :( Keep checking the personalizer, it could show up tomorrow, next week, or even just a few days before you sail. And if that doesn't work, it will be assigned when you board (doesn't happen very often, but it does happen). Again, sorry. :(

When we have booked a guarantee in the past, we had our cabin assignment pretty quickly after booking (months before final payment). This time, we got our cabin just 6 days before sailing. Like Toto said, there's no rhyme or reason.

Maybe it's just because I've been recently paying more attention to posts like yours, but it seems that more people are getting their cabin assignments closer to sailing.

We were assigned one category above what we booked, so no great upgrade by getting a late cabin assignment. I think those newer to Princess are more likely to get the better upgrades. Elite folks like us are already sold on Princess.

Actually, making final payment has nothing at all to do with when your assignment will show up, sorry. :( Keep checking the personalizer, it could show up tomorrow, next week, or even just a few days before you sail. And if that doesn't work, it will be assigned when you board (doesn't happen very often, but it does happen). Again, sorry. :(

Thanks Toto2Kansas that wasnt the explanation I had in mind but at least it was the truth. I dont sail till 11/26, so Im going to be patient for another 30 or so days and then you'll start hearing from me again. Boy there certainly isnt any rhyme or reason on cabin assignments??!! Anyway Thanks again Todd

Moxie, the Caribe Deck is our favorite. Our next Princess Cruise I am sure will be on one of their newer ships. Last two were on the Sea Princess, 2002, & Sun Princess 2006 ( Caribe Deck). You will be able to walk right up to the bow, off the Upper Pool Deck, down short stairs to a lower deck still over looking the very front of the ship and Pool for the crew. Princess and Royal Caribbean are our two favorites.

Archived