Taxis-- Know the Fare Before You Go

Arubalisa

Okay I asked and found out that there is an extra fee of $3 for a taxi to pickup inside the gates of the terminal.

Thanks for the confirmation, Lisa. I was thinking that it would be beneficial to just grab the first cabs in the terminal since we are on a tight schedule and pay the extra $3, but if you think we will actually save time by walking out of the terminal due to traffic we can do it that way, too. $3 won't break us, either way. Since there are 11 of us I figure we will need three cabs due to the 5 passenger limit in Aruba. Two cabs of four people each and 1 cab of three. We want to all arrive at the same time, so hopefully we can pile into the cabs at the same time.

I did hear back from JP and they do understand our situation and said they would make sure to get us on the boat. I will carry their phone number, in case we are delayed, though.

We are going on the Adventure of the Seas Dec 22 to be in Aruba on Dec 26th - does anyone know if the bus runs on this holiday?

ALso wanting to confirm it is the #10 bus that we would take to Boca Catalina?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
Bus fare is now $2.60 round trip. Have exact change handy or you will get your change in Aruban Florins.

CORRECTION $2.60 ONE way per person

Taxi fares are regulated by the law. Know the fare before you go and if a driver tells you that the fare is more than it is supposed to be, ask to see their fare sheet. They are required by law to show you the fare sheet. Their story will most likely change. Been there, done that. :(

Worst comes to worst, just move on to the next taxi in line. If you are one of the first ones off the ship you should be fine. The biggest advantage of walking outside the terminal to get the taxi is that there will be less traffic for the taxi to get through to take you to your destination. ;) The fare though like I said, should be the same.

Never step foot into a taxi in Aruba without first verifying the fare. :)

Again, please know what your fare should be in advance and verify the fare BEFORE you set foot into the taxi!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41241174&postcount=5

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the size of the vehicle does not matter, the maximum of 5 people is a regulation set by the government.

Other option would be to contact someone with a tour operator license such as Sonny Binns binns.tours@yahoo.com or take the public bus. It all would depend on where you wish to go.