Booking American Relatives On Cruise

MRS TIGGYWINKLE

pLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE? MYSELF AND FAMILY INTEND BOOKING A CRUISE FOR DECEMBER 2008 AND WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO BOOK FOR MY AUNT AND UNCLE WHO ARE U.S CITIZENS LIVING IN FLORIDA. WE RESIDE IN THE U.K AND WILL OBVIOUSLY HAVE TO BOOK FLIGHTS IN ENGLAND. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND AN AGENT IN THE U.S THROUGH WHOM WE COULD BOOK THE CRUISE FOR ALL PARTIES INVOLVED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, I HOPE MY QUERY MAKES SENSE!:confused:

It makes sense but we aren't allowed to recommend agents here.....I think you have 2 options....first, see if an agent that you or a friend of yours knows over in the UK-or call your AUnt & Uncle and see if they know someone...I am sure this request, while unusual, is not something that is unheard of....the pricing would be different as well (i'm sure you could figure that out! not trying to be mean!) I know if it was me and I was a travel agent, that sort of challange would be fun!

Good luck in your planning, and enjoy your trip.

Unfortunately, its against the rules here at CC to mention specific TAs.

I would do some searchs and come up with prices and just book online if you want to book for them for some reason. The disadvantage as Im sure you have read here, is that if you make a deposit, I know at a TA in England, some have reported that the deposits are non refundable. In the US the deposits are refundable if you book as a American.

Is there a reason you dont want them to book themselves? Once everyone has their booking numbers, its a simple thing to tie the reservations together, it doesnt matter whom you booked with, even if two different TAs. Then you can sit together at dinner. Have you talked to the cruiseline?

Maybe you should consider them booking online at the cruiseline?? Depending on what they would qualify for, sounds like they could be seniors etc.

Neighors booked for family member in Germany. They did everything directly with the cruise line. All flights, cruise tickets, connections, etc. All the details worked out great. It was a surprise, family thought they were all meeting in London for a 2 week holiday. They did a crossing into NY. Had a great trip. Keep us all informed. We would love to hear how it all goes. Hope you can keep the surprise element in place.

I would talk first to your travel agent at home. They may be able to book everything from over there, including the relatives that won't need airfare. Or they may be able to recommend an American agent who can help you.

That way your surprise won't be spoiled.

We have the reverse situation. We live in the U.S. and booked a voyage for my brother-in-law in the U.K. If you use a U.S. agent, be sure that any travel insurance that you get covers you sufficiently for medical insurance you need coming from the U.K.

The travel insurance you get in the U.K. has much higher health insurance levels because most U.S. residents have some form of health insurance and the travel insurance is primarily for trip cancellation and some supplemental health insurance. I don't know all the particulars, but just make sure you do some comparisons, especially if you plan to come over and travel with them and stay awhile before and after the voyage.

Also, surprises are usually only fun for the people doing the surprise. People like to be consulted about big things. Just a thought!

Archived