You Have Saved Me So Much Money

petesweet

So these credits can be used for down payments, wine packages etc? I want to make sure before I apply, I saw the gift lists they offer for 5,000- 250,000 points. I would prefer using them for wine packages and future cruises.

The obc's will appear on your shipboard account as a credit and will be applied to anything you charge on the sign and sail account. Don't expect to see them on your account immediately as they generally take a few days to post them. We have used them for excursions and to pay the gratuities and any other purchases on the ships. We were fortunate to buy at 22 and have more than recovered the cost of the stock so far.

I use my Celebrity VISA when I am planning a cruise on Celebrity, and my RCCL VISA when I'm planning to cruise on RCCL. Since I usually book my cruises about a year in advance, I just switch cards to the next cruise. Then about a month before the cruise (after final payment) I call the bank, get the Certificate number and call it in the RCCL or Celebrity's number. They verify the info and it is DONE. You can call RCCL's Crown and Anchor and verify that it is on there before you leave.

Something to be careful of with the VISA cards is that if you don't use the card for any purchases for a 12 month period the account will be cancelled. I just found that out since I've been cruising Celebrity the last two years and didn't use the RCCL card, but I was able to get them to reinstate it for my next RCCL cruise next year. Any unused points were reinstated as well.

re: Stock - I bought mine a few years ago at $25 and with all my cruises, the onboard credits are on their way to paying for the stock. It's definitely been a worthwhile investment for me.

Symbol is RCL, and current cost is $38. Unless you need credit immediately, I would bid for a lower price with the stock market as volatile as it is now--maybe $33 or even $30.

RCI stock/OBCs:

How is that calculated out? per 100 shares?

What is the OBC based on? Length of cruise? Stateroom category? Both?

Is there a chart?

RCI stock/OBCs:

Is there a chart?

Its based on number of days of the cruise. I dont have the exact, but it ranges from $50 for 5 days or less to $250 for long cruises. $100 per cabin is on a 7 day cruise. $200 is the next step up from $200, $250 max.

RCI stock/OBCs:

Is there a chart?

You must own at least 100 shares and the obc's are based on the length of the cruise. There are no multiples for more shares. You must submit a broker's statement showing ownership.

5 nts or less $50

6-8 nts $100

9-13 nts $200

14 or more $250

Archived