Carnival's SAle today anyone get upgrated who already booked ?

melika091900

I was just wondering if anyone who is already booked on a carnival cruise , got a 2 category upgrade due to the sale today even though you are already booked ? im wondering since i read of 2 people on CC that said they did,,

I emailed my carnival rep to see if we can also,,

if you have , let me know

right now we are in a 6a,, so if we got the upgrade , we would go to a 8a? is that right ?

let me know

thank you

Melissa

oh yeah in my thread title i meant upgrade.. not upgrate hee heee

I was just wondering if anyone who is already booked on a carnival cruise , got a 2 category upgrade due to the sale today even though you are already booked ? im wondering since i read of 2 people on CC that said they did,,

right now we are in a 6a,, so if we got the upgrade , we would go to a 8a? is that right ?

let me know

thank you

Melissa

I was 4a gty before the sale and still have no cabin.

2 cat upgrade from 6a would be 6c upper deck. Upgrades are within same class most of the time. To move to 8a is a 5 cat.upgrade

There are many people who know more about this stuff than me - but I think the upgrades are only in your stateroom category - like balcony to higher floor balcony, oceanview stateroom to higher floor ocean view stateroom, etc. I don't think they usually bump you up to a different category unless you book a guarentee - and then there is no guarentee you'll be upgraded (only before sailing) anyway.

Check your sailing with the code P1S - you'll see if you are eligible for the 2 level upgrade. We were- on our Miracle 12/23/08 sailing - but I had booked an extended balcony room 6232 - (only quad one on the ship, I think) over 550 days before the sailing - my sailing was offering the upgrade - didn't want to give up that room - e-mailed my pvp that the price went down $40 - not much, but enough for a few drinks. He adjusted my price without any problem. Keep an eye on your price/promos - they come up usually once a month. Hope this helps:)

Here is the fine print...

Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Offer is non-transferable, and has no cash value. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Upgrades available in categories 4A-8I. Offer excludes categories 1A/4S/5A/6E/7A/8P/8S/9A/IS/OV/BL/SS/ST/11/12. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Sailings within range may be slightly higher. Two category upgrade available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony). Upgrades limited to a one category oceanview upgrade on Carnival Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom or Splendor. Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Pride, Legend or Miracle. Valid on new individual bookings only. Offer expires at midnight EST on Thursday 09/20/07. Applicable on select sailings through 12/31/08. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CP1S. Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

It is saying you have to book under the supersaver promo (not Sr, Mil etc) and it is for new bookings only. Still worth a phone call...all they can say is no......

I have already booked 2 4C cabins that were connecting so I did not want an upgrade because I wanted the keep the cabin. I call my TA and what he got me the price for 4A and then the 2 catagory back to a 4C. So I paid the 4A price and kept my 4C cabins. Total savings were $100.00 per person. I used the DP1 code for being a previous cruiser. That was a little tricky since my previous cruise was on Princess, but I got my cruise numbers and they honored it.

I just got off the phone with my PVP from carnival,, He informed me since we already got a good deal with past passenger rates

that the 2 upgrade sale would be more money then what we already paid,

and that the upgrade is between the same category, like inside to inside and balcony to balcony.. i think someone else said that on here ..

he also said that the 6a is the only cate for oceanview rooms on the spirit class ships...

hes such a doll i hate bothering him all the time,,

he said : "oh so you are a memeber of the cruise critic ? " i said oh yeah

so look out ,, JK ... he said its a good website,, i said yes it is..

hes amazing, everytime i call hes there, everytime i email he responds, if anyone needs a PVP from carnival email me, ill give you his info,, hes very nice..

anyways, i tried, he told me to still email or call him anytime i see anything like that , or the price drops or whatever,,

im not complaning since we only paid 529 per person for an oceanview, i think thats a heck of a deal..

well just wanted to let everyone know,,

take care

Melissa

Here is the fine print...

Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Offer is non-transferable, and has no cash value. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Upgrades available in categories 4A-8I. Offer excludes categories 1A/4S/5A/6E/7A/8P/8S/9A/IS/OV/BL/SS/ST/11/12. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Sailings within range may be slightly higher. Two category upgrade available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony).

Upgrades limited to a one category oceanview upgrade on Carnival

Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom or Splendor.

Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Pride, Legend or Miracle. Valid on new individual bookings only. Offer expires at midnight EST on Thursday 09/20/07. Applicable on select sailings through 12/31/08. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CP1S. Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

It is saying you have to book under the supersaver promo (not Sr, Mil etc) and it is for new bookings only. Still worth a phone call...all they can say is no......

Well, I used my Past Guest number, and found out that I get nothing, bupkis, zada, zip. I am already at the highest outside Stateroom. With the "huge" discount I would get $200.00, which I already have in on board credit. So, no upgrade, which IMO is stupid. A outside to an outside, what kind of upgrade is that? I want an upgrade, but I want a balcony.

OK, off soap box, sorry.

Nice try, an outside is an outside and a balcony is a balcony any cruise line, any resort hotel.

I think I have decided to shut up about this, I am beating a dead horse. Oh well, we will have a wonderful cruise no matter where we lay our heads.

I have to laugh!! I have been on 8 Carnival cruises with 2 more currently booked. I NEVER get the emails about sales!! If it weren't for CC I'd never know. Now, on the other hand I get my Currents religiously every quarter since my first cruise with no laspe. I'd rather have my magazine,becuase you good ole CC'ers keep me in the loop on the sales. Now it's just wait and see.. I just Fri. called and booked my specific cabin from a Gaur. and had a friend book hers and now the sale applies to our cruise... Go figure~:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising~

Donna

let me know

thank you

Melissa

Yes, I check everyday for price drops so I saw it on the first day they advertised it and went from a 6a to a 6c ..

Good luck

I have to laugh!! I have been on 8 Carnival cruises with 2 more currently booked. I NEVER get the emails about sales!! If it weren't for CC I'd never know. Now, on the other hand I get my Currents religiously every quarter since my first cruise with no laspe. I'd rather have my magazine,becuase you good ole CC'ers keep me in the loop on the sales. Now it's just wait and see.. I just Fri. called and booked my specific cabin from a Gaur. and had a friend book hers and now the sale applies to our cruise... Go figure~:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising~

Donna

As long as you are booked, you will not get them. I have another email addy and that is how I get mine now that I am booked.

Happy Cruising~

Donna

wow,,

do they have your email address????i would call them and give it to them.. do you booked directly with carnival ? or your own TA?

I like the email thing,since i email my PVP anytime i need something and he responds right away, it makes it easier , and we always get the emails about sales,,

with 8 carnival cruises,, you should get a good rate

wow,,

do they have your email address????i would call them and give it to them.. do you booked directly with carnival ? or your own TA?

I like the email thing,since i email my PVP anytime i need something and he responds right away, it makes it easier , and we always get the emails about sales,,

with 8 carnival cruises,, you should get a good rate

Lots of us cant get the email sales. once I booked my first cruise thru a PVP the sales stopped coming to my email. Iv talked to my PVP over and over and she keeps promising to just forward them to me, guess she cant remember because that has not happened either, but she is sweet, very young, so I just say keep trying.

Like the above I get Currents, but not the email sales anymore.

Lots of us cant get the email sales. once I booked my first cruise thru a PVP the sales stopped coming to my email. Iv talked to my PVP over and over and she keeps promising to just forward them to me, guess she cant remember because that has not happened either, but she is sweet, very young, so I just say keep trying.

Like the above I get Currents, but not the email sales anymore.

wow weve been getting emails since our 1st cruise on carnival in 2004, we never booked anymore on carnival until recently. but we were still getting the emails,

i chanced it hoping our pvp was still working there and he was , and he has been great ..

Archived