Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

I'm not sure I'm wild about X Central, either. It looks too small and not as hip as the other spaces.

Is it just me, or is it a flaw in the website, but it seems that many of the seats in Celebrity Central are positioned so that they don't face the stage so that you need to turn sideways to see it:confused: I thought that the only place that had such an odd positioning of the seats was at Fenway Park, where some seats in right field face out and you have to turn in your seat in order to face home plate.:rolleyes: Perhaps it is the absence of any human beings in the artists' representations, but I thought that many of the public rooms seemed cold and impersonal - perhaps too ultra-modern and some of those seats, while strikingly designed, just don't look comfortable.:(

Schplinky,

Is there a list out of the larger cabins, and balcony's yet?

We would like an aft cabin, but it seems clear that the size of the cabins / balcony's are smaller than the M class..right? I would loved to be aft, in Aqua class but I didnt think AC has aft cabins.

Also..on the M class, there are some CC class cabins around the Penthouse which are larger too..are there any on the Soltice that you know of yet?

Thanks

Daphna

I have to say, I'm VERY disappointed in the lack of cocktail tables in the theater. The little illuminated tables on the M Class ships made the theater seem upscale, cozy and a great place to enjoy a drink after dinner and be entertained. :(

I agree. As much as I love my beloved RCL, I dislike their theatre seats with the cupholder in the arm-rest. It feels a but like an AMC and because different drinks come in different cups, they don't always work.

Schplinky,

Is there a list out of the larger cabins, and balcony's yet?

We would like an aft cabin, but it seems clear that the size of the cabins / balcony's are smaller than the M class..right? I would loved to be aft, in Aqua class but I didnt think AC has aft cabins.

Also..on the M class, there are some CC class cabins around the Penthouse which are larger too..are there any on the Soltice that you know of yet?

Thanks

Daphna

I think that people will only discover these after the first few sailings. As pretty as they are, most of the cool rooms that folks on here talk about on other classes (far more knowlegably than me) are not apparent in their superiority based on the deck plans.

I think my room is extra-cool but that's just because I get to share it with Mike.

This space looks very unique to me - not so much in the renderings as in the deck plans. In the deck plans this entertainment area looks almost open-air and completely acessible. In the renderings it is more closed off and typical of a theatre. It will be interesting to see just exactly what X Central is like . Maybe it's both; open by day for cooking demonstrations, etc., and more closed off at night. 'Just a thought.

hi denb maybe it was my 5 yrs in madison, but we too picked aft cabin over aqua class because we love the aft cabins. we were on board millenium over pres week, and the on board booking agent "thinks" the aft cabins will have the big balconies. the diagrams make you think so. we are hoping they are large, as we are booked for next presidents' week(2-15-09):)

The little cocktail tables on M-class ships cause many drinks to fall as people walk past, and that causes certain people on Cruise Critic to complain about stains in the carpets ;)

Cute.

I would, of course, pick up my drink if someone's passing by. It's way too precious! :)

Hi All,

Just back from Seatrade and I took these pics from Meyer Werft's booth. They had the Solstice Ship Model there.

Take a look at post #7 in the thread below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=734701 (Post #7)

Enjoy!!:D

Thank you so much for the pics of the model! Now I am analyzing the heck out of the aft balcony I have booked in March. We are on Deck 12 (Resort), so the only potential problem I see is being right under Lido which looks like it'll have the "Oceanview Bar" on the back. Anyone ever have a room right under a bar area on Celebrity? At least it isn't a night club or anything...think it'll be okay? Thanks!

Looking-Glassgirl,

I was on the Constellation on the Corner Aft FV under the Oceanview Bar. Although, I have read some people on the boards discuss the movement of furniture overhead disturbing them in the morning, I never found it to be a problem. We were usually out on that wonderful balcony having breakfast every morning enjoying the view of the wake. Just booked the TA on Equinox and I'm on the Resort Deck Aft.

If you think it might awaken you, see if aft cabins are available on lower decks with only cabins above and/or below the cabin you choose.

Bonnie

Anyone ever have a room right under a bar area on Celebrity? At least it isn't a night club or anything...think it'll be okay? Thanks!
We also have an aft balcony on 12 (2152) in March. I don't think it will be a (big) problem. Although we have heard chair scraping overhead (only in the early morning hours) when in this situation before, we're hoping it will be minimal. After all, the worst that could happen is that we end up getting up a little earlier and spending more time enjoying being on a cruise! :)

We also have an aft balcony on 12 (2152) in March. I don't think it will be a (big) problem. Although we have heard chair scraping overhead (only in the early morning hours) when in this situation before, we're hoping it will be minimal. After all, the worst that could happen is that we end up getting up a little earlier and spending more time enjoying being on a cruise! :)

Funny !!! We have book the same aft balcony (2152) for February.

Being as though the search is still dwon has anyone reported about the steam and sauna's on Solstice yet please.

I realise that they are going to have a Persian Garden but will they have a sauna like the M class ships free of charge or will it be all pay pay pay!!

Another thing that seems to be charged for not so long ago these things were part of the cruise fare.

Leesre,

I don't recall seeing any pricing information for the Aqua Spa on the Solstice Class ships, but perhaps someone has information for us. Here's an excerpt from the press release last September indicating the spa amenities for AquaClass guests:

AquaClassSM

Simplicity and comfort are evident throughout the room, from the bathroom's fog-free mirror and tall jetted bodywash shower, to the robust pillow menu. Aroma scent selections tied to specific vacation goals (relax, revive, re-energize, etc.) provide guests with a multi-sensory experience, while lavish AquaClass toiletries and refreshing daily teas, juices and bottled water round out the offering.

AquaClass will comprise 130 of the ship's 1,425 staterooms, each double-occupancy only, creating the perfect grown-up getaway. Guests in AquaClass will receive unlimited access to Celebrity Solstice’s new AquaSpa relaxation room on the same deck, and the Persian Garden, an exotic aromatherapy and steam room. AquaClass guests also will have an exclusive dining room, Blu, an intimate, 130-seat specialty restaurant with menus developed by Celebrity Cruises’ culinary consultant, Blau & Associates, which operates upscale eateries for high-end hotels such as Las Vegas’ Bellagio, Miami’s Setai and Cabo San Lucas’ One & Only Palmilla.

On the link for the deck plan, a private sauna is also mentioned in the spa description. See:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000CGeNuHQakJZzd_QEFmkH9OG:12h3rnd1c?shipCode=SL&deckCode=RS&sailDate=1081214

The Persian Garden is also complimentary for all suite guests.

Bonnie

Bonie,

Thanks for that, but I will await news to see if there is going to be a dry sauna like Millennium etc on Solstice type ships, not the Persina Garden.

My experience is that the Persian Garden works whilst the ship is fairly new but they don't seem to keep the maintenace up and they are often not working. We have had this experience on Millennium quite a few times.

One of the many things that attracted me to this ship was the Solarium and the pool & sitting area around it. It looks like a peaceful, quiet spot to relax, and that's what we're looking for on this vacation.

My understanding is that this is a free, public area. Is that still correct??

Thanks for any answers!

I am sharing tour hope that the solarium will be quiet & relaxing--sometimes these areas on M Class & Royal's Radiance class get noisy as the day wears on--large spaces--hope the acoustics are quiet or they have nice soothing music..

Maybe I spent too much of my life as an engineer looking at drawings, but the Celebrity deck layout drawings for the Solstice class are distinctly different from Century and Millennium class ships when one looks at the aft staterooms.

The M class aft staterooms have a dividing line that one could correlate with the large balconies, whereas there is no line on the Solstice aft staterooms.

On the Century deck layout drawings, there is also a dividing line on the aft staterooms, although the area beyond the line (which for the sake of argument I'll interpret as balcony) is not as large as the same drawing area as on the M class ships.

Now if someone who has had an aft balcony on both an M class ship and the Century can tell us the relative sizes of the balconies on the two ships, we can put my theory to rest or conclude that the Solstice deck layout drawings imply standard size balconies on the aft staterooms.

Art

Archived