Complaint of the Week #19

Philip217

From this week's very creative group of passengers, we have one standout:

"Our only complaint is something that your company has no control over - that is the negative attitude of our dining companions at dinner. All they did was spend each day naming every tiny complaint they could come up with. I felt sorry for any of your employees who came in contact with them. Congratulations to our waiter George for tolerating them with a smile and truly bending over backwards to make them happy !!"

Reading John Heald's blog gives us an "inside" to just how ridiculous people can be.

One couple complained because their balcony cabin WAS TO HIGH. John explained that they were on the lowest deck that had a balcony cabin. Nope, that would not do. So John told them that they could move to an OV. Nope they had to have a balcony. This couple just stood there actually expecting John to magically make a lower balcony cabin "appear".

Having sat with similar table mates in '04, I would now be brave enough to ask for a table change. There were only 3 of them (all elderly), but all they did was complain about their ungrateful kids/grandkids, the food and a few other topics. Fortunately, two women who were supposed to be at our table changed because it was too near the window and one was sure she would get seasick. :eek: Hello! They would've been sitting with their backs to the window, the draperies were closed as soon as dinner was served and you couldn't see out the window anyway.

We had the best tablemates on our first cruise and met up with two of them last year when we were in London before our European cruise. They took us on a walking tour, which was the highlight of our pre-cruise time.

LHP--that balcony story should be on the cruise directors list of impossible questions, along with classics like, "Does the crew sleep on board?" "Is the TV satellite or cable?" LOL

I just shared a table with someone like this. It seemed to be the evening news cast as to just what went wrong during the day. If you ran into this person during the day and spoke or asked how the day was going. You had better be ready. Coming from the South, it's habit to greet someone with a Hi, How are you. I was broke from asking that person by day 2. Just because we ask, doesn't mean we really want to know all the details!

Archived