HAL Wish Lists.......

sail7seas

Another thread on this board got me thinking........

Hmmm....

What items would I like to have bearing an HAL Logo? What LOGO ITEMS do I remember seeing available for sale in ship shops? How neat if they would be available for purchase on line or at least in the shops on board.

I remember a great plastic watch (like a Swatch watch) with HAL logo. It was white plastic strap, white face with blue HAL logo. I still have it but it's broken. I'd love to get another.

I have small pewter models of HAL ships. They're only about 3 - 4" but I love them on my miniature glass shelves. I only have "S" class ships but would love to get one of Noordam/Vista ships.

A navy plastic/coated canvas HAL tote bag. About the size of the canvas ones they give but this one has a pocket inside and big HAL logo (in white) on the front.

HAL bookmarks.....leather.

That's just a start for me. Anyone have any items they'd love to see returned and made available? Or something new they've never seen they'd like to buy?

HAL Sun Visors. First thing I looked for in the shops last year, to no avail. I'd bought one the year before on Princess, but I'm certainly not going to wear it on HAL! Ended up buying a Vera Bradley one when we docked in St. Thomas!

We're relatively new cruisers, only having sailed once each on Princess and HAL...HAL fit us to a T. However, I must say, the shops on HAL can't hold a candle to those on Princess.

HAL is missing the boat there (no pun intended). They could certainly increase revenue if they'd improve their merchandising.

Those pewter model ships sound great, Sail -- are they still available in the shops? I don't remember seeing them. I collect Christmas ornaments, and don't remember seeing any/or many of them either.

I'm kind of a Monopoly nut too, and since it seems that everyone is getting in on that (national parks, colleges, you name it), what about a HAL Monopoly game? The properties could be different cabins on different ships.....instead of going to jail you could be laid up with the noro virus.....uh, er, on second thought, that may not be something HAL would want in a game with their name on it! :eek: :D

Peggy....... Is that Maasdam's Bell in your avatar? We took a bunch of photos of it. Love those 'dam' bells.

I love the idea about HAL Monopoly. Don't play golf so I'll pass on the golf umbrella but I have several HAL travel umbrellas that fold up to reasonably small size.

No..... I haven't seen the pewter ship models for several years. I really like those pieces.

I'd love the red v-neck sweaters with the small white HAL logo that the shore excursion people wear. I'd love one of them.

Peggy....... Is that Maasdam's Bell in your avatar? We took a bunch of photos of it. Love those 'dam' bells.

I'd love the red v-neck sweaters with the small white HAL logo that the shore excursion people wear. I'd love one of them.

Sail, I got bet's the bell in Peggy's avatar is the Ryndam's Bell.

Also I cannot believe you mentioned that red v-neck HAL crew sweater that has the while embroidered HAL logo on the front. There was not a day that went by on both of our last 2 Noordam cruises that I did not say to Tom that I want one of those sweaters:D

I just read Tom what you wrote and he started to laugh knowing how badly I want one of those sweaters. I cam so close to seeing if I could buy one off of one of the crew members:)

They used to have these wonderful pins shaped like a ship with the HAL logo, I have seen some of the truly long time cruisers wearing them. They are bejeweled although I seriously doubt they are real ones ;) .

I love the idea of a Monopoly game.

Would love to have some HAL LEATHER book marks - we have them from the QE2 and a couple from NCL and Princess.

Woulf also like to be able to buy LEATHER luggage tags.

The HAL leather luggage tags are great. Very sturdy and a great size. They stand up very well to rigors of baggage handlers. We have them from Amsterdam and Noordam........ I think maybe Maasdam as well.

I'm a Christmas Ornament person, and am a real sucker for the souvenir ones. I love the travel memories that pop up as we decorate our tree. I've never seen them in the ship's shops - but would sure love to.

Me too, I think there are a lot of us who collect ornaments from our travels. Decorating the tree turns into a nostalgic trip down memory lane. :)

A Dam Rain Umbrella

A Nieuw Amsterdam Blue Polartec Fleece throw that has the logo and "Dam Cold" embroidered in White

HAL Branded Tumi Luggage - similar to what Tumi do for Lexus and Ducati - in Blue & White of course.

Thick Blue Terry Cloth bathrobes (like Lands End sell) w/ the HAL Logo & that say "Dam Her" (full-length) or Dam Him" (knee-length) on the backs.

Blue flip-flops or Teva Sandals that say "Dam Feet"

I love the idea of the HAL Monopoly Game.

The streets can be the ports of call on a World Cruise, "Go" can be "Get Shipboard Credit", "Jail" can be "Late for the Ship" and the markers can be Luggage, A Ship (Prinsendam), A Passport, an Iceberg, a Whale and a Martini Glass.

Houses could be the R-Class Ships and Hotels could be the Vista-Class Ships.

Railroads could be the Panama, Suez or Kiel Canals, etc. - Utilities could be Food & Fuel, etc.

And instead of "Mr Moneybags" in the middle, we'd have "The Yum-Yum Man"!

:D

The streets can be the ports of call on a World Cruise, "Go" can be "Get Shipboard Credit", "Jail" can be "Late for the Ship" and the markers can be Luggage, A Ship (Prinsendam), A Passport, an Iceberg, a Whale and a Martini Glass.

Railroads could be the Panama, Suez or Kiel Canals, etc. - Utilities could be Food & Fuel, etc.

I knew someone would come along with GREAT ideas for the Monopoly game, thanks Brian! I love your ideas! :D

Holland America egg cups. I collect egg cups, and have some fine Dutch specimens in my collection; several of them are Delft. Most of the Dutch egg cups are now made in Indonesia.

I saw HAL egg cups on my first cruise in 2001 - didn't buy one and now I regret it.

Roz

A Dam Rain Umbrella

A Nieuw Amsterdam Blue Polartec Fleece throw that has the logo and "Dam Cold" embroidered in White

HAL Branded Tumi Luggage - similar to what Tumi do for Lexus and Ducati - in Blue & White of course.

Thick Blue Terry Cloth bathrobes (like Lands End sell) w/ the HAL Logo & that say "Dam Her" (full-length) or Dam Him" (knee-length) on the backs.

Blue flip-flops or Teva Sandals that say "Dam Feet"

These ideas are great!:)

Brian, I think you should leave brokerage compliance and find a new job with HAL marketing. You have a lot of talent that is crying to be used:)

Archived