Has anyone got a price adjustment from NCL

chewap

I have a question regarding the "new bookings only" restrictions. Is there a time-frame for the "don't bother to cancel and rebook because we're going to charge you the higher fare you paid originally" rule?

Here's why I ask. Let's say I booked a cruise for next spring. I find out I can't go (for whatever reason) and cancel well outside of the penalty period. A few weeks later, I discover I can go afterall. Woo-hoo and all that. When I go to rebook, what fare will I pay? If the fare has gone up, you can bet your sweet you-know-what that they'll charge me the higher fare. No sweat; I cancelled and it's up to me to pay the going rate if I rebook. But what if they've got a "new bookings only" thing going at that time? Will they say "Too bad, you had booked previously, so we're charging you that fare"? If so, then I do have a serious problem with the policy because they want to have it both ways: Charge me more if the fare went up between the time I cancelled and the time I rebooked, AND charge me the original (higher) fare if the fare went down between the time I cancelled and the time I rebooked.

So, is there say a 72 hour window or something around the "new bookings only" cancellation rule? (I actually don't like that rule either if it's before final payment because I should be able to cancel for any reason I like and rebook for any reason I like--including to take advantage of a lower fare. But I realize it's their company and their rules.)

beachchick

Thats good news,Iam sure they have had tons of complaints.Our sailing has reduced 3 times since we booked.The 1st 2 times we called for the lower price and were told its for new bookings only.Yesterday it dropped again 100pp.Icalled and was told I cant have it that it under a promo.OK I checked web site again and NOwhere did it show a promo.I called back got a different rep and was given the lower price with no problem.With the other reductions it saved us 300pp. TOM

I guess your experience just highlights the fact that NCL has no specific policy that they adhere to regarding price drops ( or it seems much else for that matter). I'm happy you got your price reduction in the end but it is very frustrating to deal with a company like this. Everytime you talk to them you can't believe what you are told and wonder if you should call again to see if the story switches.

I hope you got the name of the final rep you dealt with and made a note of it, finding an obliging rep to deal with may be the answer to getting good customer service with NCL.

Today I noticed that prices have dropped again for the Pearl to Alaska next May, so I called and asked if I could get in on that. The rep I spoke to said the new price was the same promotion I was booked under (since my previous reduction), just a different price. She fiddled around with her computer a bit. When she changed us from an II cabin to an I and back again, the new price showed up. Cool!

It seems that persistence pays off. My sister tells me that when the prices on her cruise dropped yet again, after the pity the procrastinator promo ended, she called her TA and asked again if it was possible to get an upgrade for a sensible amount.

Lo and behold, after her TA spent about 20 minutes going back and forth with NCL, he managed to get them upgraded to a better cabin for a reasonable extra charge.

So over all she is happy. She's still not sure why it was such a hassle to get this done or why NCL previously tried to get them to pay twice the going rate for the cabin they wanted to upgrade to but since they finally did come through that is all water under the bridge.

Just wanted to let the rest of you know that sometimes if you remain calm and just keep calling something will get done...frustrating that it can't be handled better the first time you call but, as they say, better late than never.:)

Congrats to everyone getting reductions or upgrades! I honestly mean it. I wish things had gone the same for me and others here. I was patient, persistant, kind, understanding but also educated as far as receiving these PERKS from other cruise lines. The bottom line is I shouldn't have to make more than ONE PHONE CALL to get an adjustment and I shouldn't have to GET THE RIGHT PERSON! This is called customer service and NCL is lacking in that area. Like the others I couldn't get a reduction or upgrade anytime prior to making my full payment and it was clearly not a new booking situation. Whatever... I will enjoy my cruise in December on the Dawn but then it will be off to the other lines.:rolleyes:

Congrats to everyone getting reductions or upgrades! I honestly mean it. I wish things had gone the same for me and others here. I was patient, persistant, kind, understanding but also educated as far as receiving these PERKS from other cruise lines. The bottom line is I shouldn't have to make more than ONE PHONE CALL to get an adjustment and I shouldn't have to GET THE RIGHT PERSON! This is called customer service and NCL is lacking in that area. Like the others I couldn't get a reduction or upgrade anytime prior to making my full payment and it was clearly not a new booking situation. Whatever... I will enjoy my cruise in December on the Dawn but then it will be off to the other lines.:rolleyes:

I sympathize with how you feel. It seems as if there should be a consistent policy and the way it is now, even if you do finally get a price drop or an upgrade after three or four or five calls, you are left with a faintly annoyed feeling. It seems that a company that wants your business shouldn't make you work so hard.

I sympathize with how you feel. It seems as if there should be a consistent policy and the way it is now, even if you do finally get a price drop or an upgrade after three or four or five calls, you are left with a faintly annoyed feeling. It seems that a company that wants your business shouldn't make you work so hard.

THANK YOU! :) This is exactly how I feel.

Just yesterday, I noticed on ncl website that the price of our cruise on the Pearl leaving April 4 had gone down $270 pp. I called my TA and she called NCL, they told her that they couldn't find the deal and it was still the original price. I went on NCL"s website and went through like I was booking the cruise and sure enough the sale price came up so I called my TA back and told her what I had done and the only difference was there was a $69.28 govertment fee applied. She called NCL again and got the new price. So the cruise that I had paid $1969 for was listed as $1699 plus govt. fees so I got it for $1768.28 total. Therefore I got $200.72 off of the original price. So I was happy. But it was also not for first time booking, it was just a general price drop across the board on the cruise, and I hadn't paid final payment.

Ok....now that the pity the procrastonator sale is over I ws able to get the price on My cruise dropped. During their promotion thy wouldn't budge. I'll keep watching my February cruise and if it drops again....I'll call. I just wish I had waited to book in the first place. The procrastonator sale had prices and upgrades that are hard to beat.

engineer

Archived