Has anyone got a price adjustment from NCL

chewap

With NCL new policy in not giving out price adjustments on their booked cruises, please answer if you have received a price adjsutment from NCL or was able to cancel and rebook at a lower price within the last 7 days. I tried to do it yesterday with a $250 drop, but NCL refused to do it. My TA tried several times, including talking to their legal dept, but NCL said there is no price adjustments and you have to pay the price when selected the cruise. This for a cruise in Jan 11 . I cancelled today and will never go another NCL cruise.

With NCL new policy in not giving out price adjustments on their booked cruises, please answer if you have received a price adjsutment from NCL or was able to cancel and rebook at a lower price within the last 7 days. I tried to do it yesterday with a $250 drop, but NCL refused to do it. My TA tried several times, including talking to their legal dept, but NCL said there is no price adjustments and you have to pay the price when selected the cruise. This for a cruise in Jan 11 . I cancelled today and will never go another NCL cruise.

How many places are you going to post this? As for no adjustments, did you read read my reply to your claims on the last post? Of course you did..Why don't you now, not only post this (which is not true) on some other cruise threads?

Nita

How many places are you going to post this? As for no adjustments, did you read read my reply to your claims on the last post? Of course you did..Why don't you now, not only post this (which is not true) on some other cruise threads?

Nita

Nita, besides being the boards "Know it all", are you also the message board police. If you don't know what you are talking about, keep your false coments to yourself. I would sure hate to have misguided 80 year old TA like you planning my vacations

Nita, besides being the boards "Know it all", are you also the message board police. If you don't know what you are talking about, keep your false coments to yourself. I would sure hate to have misguided 80 year old TA like you planning my vacations

And I hope when I am 80 I will still be working, but that is a long way off.

Nita

There was a price drop on our POA cruise for next April a few weeks ago plain drop, no promotion). We debated about what to do and instead of pursuing the drop, we upgraded from an AF to an AC for just a few dollars more. Our TA called and there was never a problem with the upgrade, just trying to get the cabin. They kept saying it wasn't available, but it showed on the website. After a few phone calls, that was cleared up. Now this was not in the last 7 days as the OP asked, but it was recent and my TA never had a problem about the price. I personally think it has to do with how knowledgeable and responsible your TA is - ours has always tried her darndest for us. I would rather take the word of someone knowledgeable like her or newmexico Nita rather than a customer service person at NCL. IMO TA's like them know how to get the right person on the phone to get what they need to get accomplished.

I was on the ctn on the Dawn 9-1.. I booked it about a month and half prior.. the price dropped considerably.. I called the woman at NCL i booked with and she offered me either 1) the difference or 2) a balcony..

I took the balcony...

She also sent us an anniversary cake.. it was in our cabin...

I was on the ctn on the Dawn 9-1.. I booked it about a month and half prior.. the price dropped considerably.. I called the woman at NCL i booked with and she offered me either 1) the difference or 2) a balcony..

I took the balcony...

She also sent us an anniversary cake.. it was in our cabin...

Was it your anniversary? sorry I couldn't resist that, it's getting late and no I havent' been drinking. LOL

I called my NCL cruise consultant and she lowered the price of our cruise for 11-11-07 by $200 each. It was a week before our final payment. There were no problems or hassles. If you are a returning cruiser you are automatically a Latitudes Club member. They assign Latitudes people a "personal cruise consultant." She is only a phone call or email away for answering questions and/or solving problems. I don't know if all cruise lines do this, but I commend NCL for adding a personal touch to their service. :p

There was a price drop on our POA cruise for next April a few weeks ago plain drop, no promotion). We debated about what to do and instead of pursuing the drop, we upgraded from an AF to an AC for just a few dollars more. Our TA called and there was never a problem with the upgrade, just trying to get the cabin. They kept saying it wasn't available, but it showed on the website. After a few phone calls, that was cleared up. Now this was not in the last 7 days as the OP asked, but it was recent and my TA never had a problem about the price. I personally think it has to do with how knowledgeable and responsible your TA is - ours has always tried her darndest for us. I would rather take the word of someone knowledgeable like her or newmexico Nita rather than a customer service person at NCL. IMO TA's like them know how to get the right person on the phone to get what they need to get accomplished.

My sister had a similar experience but with a less happy outcome. The prices for their cruise dropped and they never asked for a refund but did try to upgrade. At first NCL tried to say that the cabin they wanted wasn't available then, when she pointed out that it was showing as available on NCL's own web site, they said .."oops, yes it is available we made a mistake", and told her she could have it but wanted to charge them a couple of hundred dollars more than that category of cabin was presently selling for. They declined and decided to cruise in their original cabin.

Did it spoil their cruise? No, but it did leave a bad taste in their mouths for NCL.

There is one question I would like to ask those of you who have got price reductions or been upgraded with no problem. Do you tend to spend a lot on board?

My sister and her husband do not drink or gamble so apart from an occassional visit to the spa or purchase from one of the onboard stores they don't run up much of an on board bill. I have wondered if people who give NCL more money through on board purchases or shore excursions tend to get better treatment when it comes to upgrades etc..

You can always use your onboard credit to pay for tipping if you don't gamble, purchase excursions, buy drinks, or dine at specialty restuarants during your cruise.

My TA is trying to get me a $10pp perk since our price drop. I'd be happy with a free night of dining in LeBistro, but for $15 I don't mind paying.

We love to cruise on NCL, but we also enjoy cruising in Princess, RCCL, and Carnival. We just love cruising. What we love most on NCL is the opportunity to dine in a different restaurant each night. Our favorite cruiseship restaurant is the Asian "Ginza" on NCL Star (so far).

There is one question I would like to ask those of you who have got price reductions or been upgraded with no problem. Do you tend to spend a lot on board?

My sister and her husband do not drink or gamble so apart from an occassional visit to the spa or purchase from one of the onboard stores they don't run up much of an on board bill. I have wondered if people who give NCL more money through on board purchases or shore excursions tend to get better treatment when it comes to upgrades etc..

If you have never sailed, this would not apply.

If you have sailed, it would take PLENTY of legwork to even look it up.

I highly doubt this is an issue.

If you have never sailed, this would not apply.

If you have sailed, it would take PLENTY of legwork to even look it up.

I highly doubt this is an issue.

Thanks for your input. I wondered because when they reserved my brother-in-law had his Latitudes number and gave it but my sister did not have hers handy and so didn't bother. When they called about the upgrade the TA told them that NCL had added the fact that they were both over 55 and had looked up both of their latitudes numbers and added them to the file but they still could not get the upgrade foe the going price.

I don't have the exact figures but as an example, the cabin they wanted was now selling for say $700 more than what they paid for their cabin but NCL wanted say another $1000 dollars from them to upgrade to the new cabin.

You can always use your onboard credit to pay for tipping if you don't gamble, purchase excursions, buy drinks, or dine at specialty restuarants during your cruise.

My TA is trying to get me a $10pp perk since our price drop. I'd be happy with a free night of dining in LeBistro, but for $15 I don't mind paying.

We love to cruise on NCL, but we also enjoy cruising in Princess, RCCL, and Carnival. We just love cruising. What we love most on NCL is the opportunity to dine in a different restaurant each night. Our favorite cruiseship restaurant is the Asian "Ginza" on NCL Star (so far).

I'm not sure if your post was in response to my post or another one but if it was to mine, what on board credit? It would be nice to have received an onboard credit but NCL offered none. My sister simply wanted to pay the difference to upgrade to a better level of cabin but NCL wouldn't do it at the going rate.

No - our gambling "limit" is $20 per person and we drink very little. NCL does not make much extra from us. On one cruise when we got our final bill (including the service charges) it was just a little over $200 - let's just say we are cheap.

Be careful with OBC's they RARELY allow use for the gratuity(tip)

I have not made my final payment and the cruise prices have gone down and when my TA called NCL they would not honor the new price or upgrade us to a different cabin. I was told it was only for new bookings. I have seen that before but there were no indication that this was a new booking promotion. This is our first cruise with NCL and I am not impressed so far. We cruise at least 2 times a year with our family and have always been able to get a reduction with the other lines. Still looking forward to the cruise...don't get me wrong, but when you book over a year in advance and a newbie books a month in advance and gets it at a $500-difference there's something wrong. Yeah, I was happy when I booked it!!!!! I know that will be asked AGAIN, but it's human nature to want to feel like you got a good deal. The other cruise lines do it!:rolleyes: FLAME AWAY!!

I have not made my final payment and the cruise prices have gone down and when my TA called NCL they would not honor the new price or upgrade us to a different cabin. I was told it was only for new bookings. I have seen that before but there were no indication that this was a new booking promotion. This is our first cruise with NCL and I am not impressed so far. We cruise at least 2 times a year with our family and have always been able to get a reduction with the other lines. Still looking forward to the cruise...don't get me wrong, but when you book over a year in advance and a newbie books a month in advance and gets it at a $500-difference there's something wrong. Yeah, I was happy when I booked it!!!!! I know that will be asked AGAIN, but it's human nature to want to feel like you got a good deal. The other cruise lines do it!:rolleyes: FLAME AWAY!!

I cancelled my NCL cruise because of their new policy of not making price adjustments or letting people cancel and rebook at the much lower price. In my case there was a $260 pp price drop. Having been on 6 NCL cruises with good experiences, I will never again book a NCL cruise again because of the way they treat thier customers.

Just off the phone with the executive offices. Wrote to Mr. Veitch and Mr. Stuart and never got a response from anyone. This was undoubtedly the worst customer service in 30 cruises I have ever experienced. They will not on-board credit, or provide any form of on-board comps for the dramatic drop in price which occurred 74 days into the 75 day rule. I know what you are all going to say....but what is the point of having a loyalty program that doesn't respect it's repeat passengers when they have an issue.

I was told in no uncertain terms that no changes could be made to the bookings under this procastinator program. So, I asked if I wanted to pay for an upgrade would they do it, well of course they would....

This will be my last NCL cruise. Penny wise and pound foolish to lose a loyal passenger over a goodwill gesture.

Shame on NCL.

Just off the phone with the executive offices. Wrote to Mr. Veitch and Mr. Stuart and never got a response from anyone. This was undoubtedly the worst customer service in 30 cruises I have ever experienced. They will not on-board credit, or provide any form of on-board comps for the dramatic drop in price which occurred 74 days into the 75 day rule. I know what you are all going to say....but what is the point of having a loyalty program that doesn't respect it's repeat passengers when they have an issue.

I was told in no uncertain terms that no changes could be made to the bookings under this procastinator program. So, I asked if I wanted to pay for an upgrade would they do it, well of course they would....

This will be my last NCL cruise. Penny wise and pound foolish to lose a loyal passenger over a goodwill gesture.

Shame on NCL.

Why should you expect anything...Here are the guidelines for the Procrastinator program.

Special pricing for select NCL and NCL America sailings and categories from 10/1/07 to 12/31/08. Promotion is for new FIT and Group bookings, booked within the booking window. Promotion cannot be held as a group block. Rates are subject to category availability. Government taxes and fees are additional. Singles paying 200% of the rate are eligible. Available on GDS booking source. This offer is NOT combinable with any other promotions. On-board service charges are additional and will be automatically added to your on-board account. Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time and without notice. Cancellations and rebooking do not qualify; bookings will be re-priced to original fare. Every effort has been made to produce this information accurately; we reserve the right to correct errors. ©2007 NCL Corporation, Ltd. Ships' Registry: Bahamas & United States of America.

It is for new bookings only....I'm not sure why some people feel the rules are not for them. ALL cruiselines have promos for new bookings only. I'm not saying I agree with the idea, but it is in writing for all to see.

My sisters reaction when she couldn't get NCL to give them the upgrade at the going rate was similar. She said she still intended to enjoy the cruise in the cabin and at they price they originally booked and that she intended to look at it not as NCL gyping them out of an upgrade, but rather as NCL saving them X hundred dollars...I think she is a little bitter though, since she added, " and I'll do my best to spend every cent of that money on shore rather than on board." ;)

In answer to an earlier question - no we do not spend a lot on board. We are not big drinkers or gamblers. I DO enjoy the spa, but that is certainly not enough for anyone to take notice. I truly believe it comes down to a)confirming whether it's a promotion for new bookings and b)an excellent TA. There have been times when it has been a price decrease and my TA waits to call at a specific time since there are different NCL cust serv centers (I believe, LA, AZ and FL). She says she has found one center (I forget which) is more knowledgeable than the others. If she doesn't get someone who will help she keeps calling back until she gets someone or works her way up to a supervisor. At times it has been a headache, but in this most recent case, the price part went very smoothly and we eventually got the room we wanted. Will that happen every time in the future? No idea - but we book a room where we want and at the price we are happy with at the time. If we can get a price decrease then yipeee, but we will not worry about others getting a better price than we do - I am much more concerned about overpacking and buying yet more new clothes for every trip!!

Happy sailing!!

Carey

Shame on NCL.

It is totally beyond me what it is about promos that many of you do not understand. Frustrating to you, of course, but the guidelines are there. These rules are not just made for a few nor are they much different than other lines. Yes, each line has its own guidelines, some bend a little more than others, but basically they all work the same way.

Nita

Archived