C&A Rumor ( this might be old...)

STEVE-O

[quote name='Oville']Ha Ha, 5 three day cruises with JS cabins for two people would be somewhere in the $5000 range. You'd need to drink a whole lot in the CL to justify that expense. Also, you'd be pretty sick of Coco Cay and Nassau by the time you reached that level.[/quote]

True! But other people take 10 seven day cruises at considerably more expense, to reach the same C & A level. If cruise days were used, as some have suggested that would be 70 days versus 15 days or 30 days if your received double credit for a JS.

We don't know if you used the system to reach diamond status. If you did, good for you. You took advantage of an opportunity. But, we just don't see much equity in the present system.

[quote name='Don Pedro']True! But other people take 10 seven day cruises at considerably more expense, to reach the same C & A level. If cruise days were used, as some have suggested that would be 70 days versus 15 days or 30 days if your received double credit for a JS.

We don't know if you used the system to reach diamond status. If you did, good for you. You took advantage of an opportunity. But, we just don't see much equity in the present system.[/quote]

I like days at sea approach, but how would you address suites? Would they receive a bonus day at sea? How many and for how many days at sea?

We just made Diamond and are looking forward to using the Concierge Lounge on Voyager this spring. I anticipate we would have 2-3 drinks apiece each day which would be around $30-40 savings for us per day. That's considerable. So obviously I would be unhappy if this perk went away.

However we were in Celebrity's Captains Club when they made changes about 6-7 years ago and were grandfathered. Generally any changes are made at the entry and mid levels and they leave the high tiers alone. But since Diamond is expanding so rapidly, I can see them making some changes but I would think they would be minor or would create a separate tier between Diamond and Platinum or perhaps make someone eligible after 2 cruises. I remember the screaming at Celebrity when they dropped the $35 initiation fee and made it free to join - you would have thought they erected wooden shanties next to million dollar mansions. :)

People that live in Florida and Southern California have really had it made the way it is - they can easily hop on weekend cruises in a suite and get two credits. The vast majority of people have the added expense of flying to contend with.

QUOTE]

I guess it also isn't fair because I have to fly to visit the Canadian Rockies, correct? Life isn't always fair folks.

People that live in Florida and Southern California have really had it made the way it is - they can easily hop on weekend cruises in a suite and get two credits. The vast majority of people have the added expense of flying to contend with.

QUOTE]

I guess it also isn't fair because I have to fly to visit the Canadian Rockies, correct? Life isn't always fair folks.

Did I say this was a problem, or unfair?:confused: No, it is just a statement of fact. It is much easier for those who live in SoCal and Florida, such as yourself, to reach Diamond status. Most people have to fly, which for us, pretty much doubles what we have to pay. For one person to fly to Florida from Vancouver is about $800 CAD. This means that for some of us less wealthy types, it takes a heck of a lot longer to reach Diamond. Flying to LA for a 3 day weekend cruise is not an option for us; if we could drive to the port, no question we would be Diamond already.

If I lived in SoCal or Florida, I would definitely think I had it made, because I love to cruise. :) And because I hate snow, rain, cold, and don't ski, the Rockies wouldn't cut it for me.;) But, feel free to fly to Canada and go to the Rockies as many times as you like!

Just curious - how many of your many cruises did you fly to, and how many did you drive to? I guess I am lucky that I can go to Alaska without flying, but I prefer palm trees with my cruises!:D

We fly more often than we drive. We live in North Florida and we cruise most often out of South Florida.

I have been to the Canadian Rockies.....and I flew there, too.

But, would you go to the Rockies over and over again, several times per year, every year?;) I would LOVE to cruise that often. I sure wish that RC did 3-4 day cruises out of Vancouver in the summer.

Well, even if you had to fly to South Florida, it is a quick hop, and it wouldn't be $800 pp! Even to get to LA it is ~$400 for us if we're lucky. I've seen much higher though - $600-$700 at times.

I hold nothing against anyone in SoCal or Florida - I regard you all as extremely fortunate to be able to cruise without flying, and wish I could do that too. :)

Happy cruising!:D

A computer with internet access that is not free. Not all CLs have them. The Radiance class does but not Voyager class. It is often just a quieter place to go on the net.

Some Radiance class ships have PCs in the CL; Radiance itself has no PCs in the CL.

True! But other people take 10 seven day cruises at considerably more expense, to reach the same C & A level. If cruise days were used, as some have suggested that would be 70 days versus 15 days or 30 days if your received double credit for a JS.

We don't know if you used the system to reach diamond status. If you did, good for you. You took advantage of an opportunity. But, we just don't see much equity in the present system.

I live in MA for half the year and I'm not a diamond member. Did one 3 day cruise, our first, and hated every minute of it. Just flew back from FL for the Liberty cruise we took.(and loved it)

I understand your point about points, but it does tricky. Some shorter cruises cost more per day than the longer ones. Some pay very little for a cabin on the same cruise that some pay a lot for. I'm not sure there is a perfect solution.

This is my thought you live where you live, it is your choice as to where you live. To sit and say it is unfair for people who live near ports to be credited different than those of us who are required to fly,CRAZY......You live where you live....don't like it ...move

This is my thought you live where you live, it is your choice as to where you live. To sit and say it is unfair for people who live near ports to be credited different than those of us who are required to fly,CRAZY......You live where you live....don't like it ...move

I NEVER said that - I never said anything about it being unfair!!!.:confused: Sheesh... All I said was that it was easier for those living near the ports to cruise more often, and thus reach Diamond faster. There is no rocket science there. I do not begrudge them at all, as I have already said, and would be doing the same thing if I lived closer to a warm port, too.

K?

Oh, for Heaven's Sakes, leave dirtgirl alone! Can't you read her posts correctly?

I am with you, dirt girl, all the way. We live near Seattle, and surely would cruise 3,4,7 days Caribbean if it were feasible, and affordable.

Helen

Thank you, Helen; I appreciate the support.:)

Did you get your SN from the Outlander series of books? I am on the last one, though I am struggling with it. The first 3 were really good, but I am not as interested anymore.

I NEVER said that - I never said anything about it being unfair!!!.:confused: Sheesh... All I said was that it was easier for those living near the ports to cruise more often, and thus reach Diamond faster. There is no rocket science there. I do not begrudge them at all, as I have already said, and would be doing the same thing if I lived closer to a warm port, too.

K?

I do not begrudge the folks living in Florida either and if I lived there I would cruise a lot more as I compare those rates down there and what we pay sailing out of NY and its more going out of NY most of the time. I could live on a ship down there compared to what I pay in property tax in the NY area but NY is my home port so I do not have to fly. :D

So the loss of a few free drinks and cups of coffee will trigger "mass defections?" Bit of hyperbole, I think.

Why should we remain loyal to RCI after we signed up for Crown and Anchor and met all the criteria for Diamond believing we would receive the benefits they promised?

If they don't provide those promised benefits, why should we sail only RCI? I'll start sailing HAL, for example, which offers some itineraries that are a bit more compelling. Costa has a cruise to Bermuda that I am interested in. So instead of booking cruise after cruise on RCI I WILL DEFINITELY start booking other crusies.

I figure even with the three cruises a year we have been taking on RCI, I will be over 70 before I make Diamond Plus. So I'll stay loyal to RCI just for free drinks at the age of seventy? I don't think so. And I do not think that is hyperbole. I hate being lied to, cheated and taken for a fool.

Thank you, Helen; I appreciate the support.:)

Did you get your SN from the Outlander series of books? I am on the last one, though I am struggling with it. The first 3 were really good, but I am not as interested anymore.

OT I know, but I was wondering the same thing about Laoghaire. I absolutely love those books. It took me a while to really get into the first one, but once I got going, could not put them down.

Annieeee

Why should we remain loyal to RCI after we signed up for Crown and Anchor and met all the criteria for Diamond believing we would receive the benefits they promised?

If they don't provide those promised benefits, why should we sail only RCI? I'll start sailing HAL, for example, which offers some itineraries that are a bit more compelling. Costa has a cruise to Bermuda that I am interested in. So instead of booking cruise after cruise on RCI I WILL DEFINITELY start booking other crusies.

I figure even with the three cruises a year we have been taking on RCI, I will be over 70 before I make Diamond Plus. So I'll stay loyal to RCI just for free drinks at the age of seventy? I don't think so. And I do not think that is hyperbole. I hate being lied to, cheated and taken for a fool.

Its a rumor, wait for facts before you jump ship, haha.

Howdy!

We have 3 future cruises booked....including the Hawaii trip next October for my 50th B-Day. I messed up when adding cruises to the signature and am too lazy to fix it....

Thanks for the reminder...see you on board!

You've certainly openned a can of worms. Why, to see how many people you could upset?

Believe me!....this isn't the outcome I was looking for!

In a 2nd posting I apologized saying I should not have used the word "RUMOR" or listed specific info ( baseless, it seems) I had heard...

I should have just asked if anyone had heard of any changes to the current qualifications for Diamond and Diamond + status.....

Cruise critic serves a MAJOR service for cruisers...I've learned a LOT!.....but, the down side is...once you hit the "submit reply" function...the words, even inappropriately phrased, becomes part of the discussion for ever....

I've apologized once....and, now, do so again..... I didn't mean to start a revolt, or panic, or hard feelings towards RCCL!!!... I messed up!....sorry, I'll try harder to measure my words on future posts.....

Hi, I was just giving you a bit of the needle. I'm sure you weren't expecting this outcome. I've only been on CC for a couple of months and I can't believe how heated some topics become often over nothing.

My advice, stop hanging out with old, disgruntled diamond + members over cocktails!! Of course, I'm just kidding.

Archived