C&A Rumor ( this might be old...)

STEVE-O

[quote name='PaulWN']Shoot me if you want, but I've always been an advocate of number of days at sea as the criteria for advancement in a loyalty program. A number of my friends that live in Florida have taken advantage of being able to take short 3 and 4 day cruises to get to various levels.
.[/quote] I cant believe you still are dwelling on this:( ........I know I am one of your friends that you are referring to..........once more,for the record, we DO NOT take the Sovereign as much as we do to reach the next level.

We are not retired nor anywhere near wealthy......we still have a mortgage, car payment,college tuition to pay,etc.........we do not have the luxury of longer cruises...........10,11,46 nights.:eek: ......we take one 7 nighter a year(twice if we're really lucky)..........

So when we can ,we like to go away for a weekend......cant even do the 4 nighters cause that is a whole week without a paycheck since my husband is self employed....we go away=no incoming pay.

We are very fortunate to be able to cruise without paying airfare............if we lived anywhere else, we still would go away for weekends when we could.............just not on a ship.......

SO,for the last time, we go on the SS for fun,not to up our level.:mad: ........

I am glad some others can understand that..........

And BTW------I agree,it doesnt seem fair a 3 nighter= a 11 nighter....

[quote name='dirtgirl']I NEVER said that - I never said anything about it being unfair!!!.:confused: Sheesh... All I said was that it was easier for those living near the ports to cruise more often, and thus reach Diamond faster. There is no rocket science there. I do not begrudge them at all, as I have already said, and would be doing the same thing if I lived closer to a warm port, too.

K?[/quote]

[quote name='aqhacruiser'][SIZE=3]I do not begrudge the folks living in Florida either and if I lived there I would cruise a lot more as I compare those rates down there and what we pay sailing out of NY and its more going out of NY most of the time. I could live on a ship down there compared to what I pay in property tax in the NY area but NY is my home port so I do not have to fly. :D [/SIZE][/quote]

[quote name='STEVE-O']

I messed up!....sorry, I'll try harder [/quote]

hey Steve-O......could you do me a favor??? Could you post your countdowns up and down.....not side by side?? Maybe it's just me,but I have to scroll back and forth on your posts.........thanks.:)

I understand, Kathy, and I would love to be able to getaway on a weekend cruise, not to up my level, but just because I love it! With me, it is a huge production with the airfare and such, so I can't cruise as often as I would like. One day, when we are retired, we hope to live in a warm part of the US (probably SoCal or Arizona) for part of the year, so cruising will be just a hop away (can you say snowbird??):o When you live in a rainforest, all you want is sun!!;) And I am so sick of rain...

(I like the medical system though, so I wouldn't leave for good):rolleyes:

I happen to be the most computer-illterate user of CC!...I tried to stack the countdown ( and to delete the completed cruise) but just couldn't make it work......I'll try again! I don't like it this way, either...

Oh, BTW....... Does the screen-name Nursebait ring a bell? ( think auction site!).......

You asked me that before.........I am trying to remember....what did you buy(or did I buy from you)?? I think there might be another Parrothead you dealt with cuz I dont see your name in my f/b.....(unless you're ONE OF THEM:eek: :eek: and dont leave any;) )

We buy a LOT of RCCL items....many from Florida , and many times from the same few sellers...I wasn't sure you use Parrothead for e-bay so I was fishing for a different screen name....

I deleted my countdowns and will try again later.....

I forgot to remember I had asked before.....Have a good evening....

[quote name='cruisingator2']Maybe they should take those folks that made Diamond with RCI by cruising on Celebrity and make them earn their title the old fashioned way!!!!!!!;) That would take care of a few folks anyway.:)[/QUOTE]

Bad, Gordon! Bad, bad, Gordon! ;) :D :D :D

[quote name='cruisingator2']Maybe they should take those folks that made Diamond with RCI by cruising on Celebrity and make them earn their title the old fashioned way!!!!!!!;) That would take care of a few folks anyway.:)[/QUOTE]
I thought that a Celebrity cruise did not earn an RCI C&A member an RCI cruise credit or credits. I thought that RCI C&A members only received the same perks as a comparable Celebrity repeater program level while on a Celebrity cruise.

From what I understand Celebrity people can not become DP....so when (and if),they dont allow Ds in the CL,that would help......

Let me ask you,how would a X person become DP?? Do they have to earn a full 24 RCCL points??? They dont get any "credit" for cruising on X,do they?

[quote name='Parrothead8']From what I understand Celebrity people can not become DP....so when (and if),they dont allow Ds in the CL,that would help......

Let me ask you,how would a X person become DP?? Do they have to earn a full 24 RCCL points??? They dont get any "credit" for cruising on X,do they?[/quote]

Kathy, not sure how it works exactly but it seems that whatever your are on either line then you can get the equivalent of that on the other line when it comes to benefits. I believe that I have read on this very board several times that for example if you're Elite on Celebrity you can receive Diamond benefits on RCI but your cruise credits on RCI start at 0 and work up as you cannot combine cruise credits from both lines. I guess that would mean that a person would have to get 24 cruise credits on RCI to become D+. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

[quote name='cruisingator2']Kathy, not sure how it works exactly but it seems that whatever your are on either line then you can get the equivalent of that on the other line when it comes to benefits. I believe that I have read on this very board several times that for example if you're Elite on Celebrity you can receive Diamond benefits on RCI but your cruise credits on RCI start at 0 and work up as you cannot combine cruise credits from both lines. I guess that would mean that a person would have to get 24 cruise credits on RCI to become D+. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.[/QUOTE] That's what I was trying to say.

[quote name='PaulWN']Traveltammy: Any chance you can join us on any part or the whole 46 days of the Mariner repo from Port Canaveral to LA. The roll call is in my signature.[/quote]

PaulWN,,,I have thought about just that since I like to Mariner. It was the first RCCL ship we sailed on. I even went so far as to think how I could swing the entire cruise by homeschooling my boys while onboard..that's a concept but it would be the only way and the timing is good for that too since they'll be able to attend the first 1/2 of the school year, then I home school them for the second half. Hmmm then I remembered I have a dog and 3 cats and a home to look after.

It would be great!! How much of the repo are you planning on doing?

Oh, and I'd have to somehow be able to come up with the money and a balcony would be a requirement too!!:)

:mad: I can't believe what this thread has turned into, especially on page 6 and 7. It went from the OP asking if a rumor was true about RCCL changing C and A benifits/requirements because people are rising too quickly, and there are "too many" diamond/D+ members and the conscierge lounge is too crowded.

What this thread has apparently turned into is personal attacks against people who take a lot of weekend cruises because they live in the area of the ships. The thinking has turned into what seems to be - OF COURSE THESE PEOPLE DON'T TAKE THE TRIPS BECAUSE THEY ARE OFTEN A CHEAP GET AWAY [B]They are ONLY taking the cruises because they wan't to earn cruise credits.[/B] I can't believe that is the thinking going on. I have two responses to that.

1) WHO CARES?? Why does it matter to you or me if someone from Miami Gets on a 3 day cruise for the weekend, and you decide to take a 10 day cruise. Its their money, and choice, and buisness as yours is yours.

2) More power too them that they live close enough to the ports that they are able to go on a short weekend trip. Again I am sure the motive for their short trips are good deals, not only lets just go to become diamond members, that is just the conveniant side effect.

Basically as a Daimond Member with 18 cruise credits, I hope they don't change the regulations, because they just made it easier 3 years ago by adding a credit for suites/long cruises. I have gotten all of my credits, except for one on 7 day cruises, not on suites or short cruises, but I really dont care if other people get credit for a one day cruise, or 3 credits for a 12 day in a suite, it's their buisness not mine. If they do change, I hope they "grandfather" in where you are in rank and your current benifits, but whatever RCCL decides let's all just be nice to eachother - I mean how stupid is this argument - [B][I][U]people are arguing over who deserves perks on vacation because some peoples vacations are too short according to others. [/U][/I][/B]

[quote name='Firefighterhoop']:mad: I can't believe what this thread has turned into, especially on page 6 and 7. It went from the OP asking if a rumor was true about RCCL changing C and A benifits/requirements because people are rising too quickly, and there are "too many" diamond/D+ members and the conscierge lounge is too crowded.

What this thread has apparently turned into is personal attacks against people who take a lot of weekend cruises because they live in the area of the ships. The thinking has turned into what seems to be - OF COURSE THESE PEOPLE DON'T TAKE THE TRIPS BECAUSE THEY ARE OFTEN A CHEAP GET AWAY [B]They are ONLY taking the cruises because they wan't to earn cruise credits.[/B] I can't believe that is the thinking going on. I have two responses to that.

1) WHO CARES?? Why does it matter to you or me if someone from Miami Gets on a 3 day cruise for the weekend, and you decide to take a 10 day cruise. Its their money, and choice, and buisness as yours is yours.

2) More power too them that they live close enough to the ports that they are able to go on a short weekend trip. Again I am sure the motive for their short trips are good deals, not only lets just go to become diamond members, that is just the conveniant side effect.

Basically as a Daimond Member with 18 cruise credits, I hope they don't change the regulations, because they just made it easier 3 years ago by adding a credit for suites/long cruises. I have gotten all of my credits, except for one on 7 day cruises, not on suites or short cruises, but I really dont care if other people get credit for a one day cruise, or 3 credits for a 12 day in a suite, it's their buisness not mine. If they do change, I hope they "grandfather" in where you are in rank and your current benifits, but whatever RCCL decides let's all just be nice to eachother - I mean how stupid is this argument - [B][I][U]people are arguing over who deserves perks on vacation because some peoples vacations are too short according to others. [/U][/I][/B][/QUOTE]

Calm down, Scott. I think that you are reading too much into just a few comments.

My latest overheard rumor is:

Yes, change is coming.

They are looking at the statistics from every possible angle, to see what trends may exist. They are looking at SeaPass bills, numbers of cruises, types of accommodations, days at sea.

I believe that they are leaning towards counting the number of days sailed. Most people will see that as equitable. I can't venture a guess as to whether suite-dwelling would still be a factor.

Grandfathering would be a definite "yes".

:)

[quote name='TravelTammy']PaulWN,,,I have thought about just that since I like to Mariner. It was the first RCCL ship we sailed on. I even went so far as to think how I could swing the entire cruise by homeschooling my boys while onboard..that's a concept but it would be the only way and the timing is good for that too since they'll be able to attend the first 1/2 of the school year, then I home school them for the second half. Hmmm then I remembered I have a dog and 3 cats and a home to look after.

It would be great!! How much of the repo are you planning on doing?

Oh, and I'd have to somehow be able to come up with the money and a balcony would be a requirement too!!:)[/QUOTE]

But how many POINTS is it worth? I think only 2 for 12 day or longer!

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Calm down, Scott. I think that you are reading too much into just a few comments.

My latest overheard rumor is:

Yes, change is coming.

They are looking at the statistics from every possible angle, to see what trends may exist. They are looking at SeaPass bills, numbers of cruises, types of accommodations, days at sea.

I believe that they are leaning towards counting the number of days sailed. Most people will see that as equitable. I can't venture a guess as to whether suite-dwelling would still be a factor.

Grandfathering would be a definite "yes".

:)[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I still don't understand how they would expand the program to give more credits just a few years ago, only to change it again to make it harder to reach levels. If the main problem is overcrowding in the Concierge lounge... then just remove that as a Diamond perk or make an additional lounge somewhere else for Diamond members. I believe that people who are approaching Diamond level would much rather lose that benefit than Diamond benefits all together.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mohavemommy'][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]I still don't understand how they would expand the program to give more credits just a few years ago, only to change it again to make it harder to reach levels. If the main problem is overcrowding in the Concierge lounge... then just remove that as a Diamond perk or make an additional lounge somewhere else for Diamond members. I believe that people who are approaching Diamond level would much rather lose that benefit than Diamond benefits all together. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]

On the Freedom Class ships, they have a diamond lounge on deck 14. Also on some ships they have opened up parts of the Crown and anchor for diamond members during cocktail hours.

For us the lounge is the main perk since we don't use balconies/suites, so I would hate to lose that!

I agree with you though, it seems wierd a few years ago to change it to be easier, now worried there are too many. What did they think would happen???

[quote name='mohavemommy'][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="purple"]I still don't understand how they would expand the program to give more credits just a few years ago, only to change it again to make it harder to reach levels. If the main problem is overcrowding in the Concierge lounge... then just remove that as a Diamond perk or make an additional lounge somewhere else for Diamond members. I believe that people who are approaching Diamond level would much rather lose that benefit than Diamond benefits all together.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Firefighterhoop']I agree with you though, it seems weird a few years ago to change it to be easier, now worried there are too many. What did they think would happen???[/quote]

I think that you are mixing two separate issues.

Scott, I think that they were trying to increase the number of cruises that Loyal to Royal customers were taking. They seem to have succeeded!

mohavemommy, if they are indeed going to measure and reward by days of cruising, then they are just trying to make things equitable, not get rid of or downgrade cruisers.

[quote name='txwildflower2002']It doesn't seem quite fair that a 3 or four day cruise gets the same 1 credit as a seven day up to 11 days! We took an 11 day back in 2003 and thought it was 2 credits, only to find out that they changed that Jan 1st-just 2 weeks before our cruise! A 12 day or a suite gets you two cuise credits. Anything under gets you 1. How many sea days have ya'll got as opposed to credits? Hey! I am going to figure mine out![/quote]

It doesn't seem fair that a 3 day cruise gets the same credits as an 11 day cruise. You could take three cruises of three days and get THREE credits which would give you MORE credits than one ten days cruise giving you only one. Just doesn't seem right.

I asked questions about this just this past week, specifically concerning the "around the horn" cruise. I asked " if I take the "around the horn" cruise of 47 days, I'll only get three credits???????? SURELY not!!!!!!" Anyway, here are two remarks posted on my thread.

[B][COLOR=Red]"If your cruise is 12+ days then you get another additional credit
for a maximum of 3 per cruise." And yet another response said "
If you are staying in just a regular room then you would get 2
credits per leg for a total of 6."[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]

[/COLOR][/COLOR]For the sake of making a point, I could take 15 three day cruises (total of 45 days) and get 15 credits or a 47 day cruise and get 6. There just needs to be some adjustment there. I know, who would want to go to Nassau 15 times???

Having cruised the old Premier line many times before they "pulled out" of the cruise market we took quite a few years off before cruising again. We did some checking and decided upon RCCL as the line that we would want to stay with mainly because we loved Mariner but also to take advantage of the cruise credits. If it changes then as far as I'm concerned there is no reason to stay mainly with RCCL especially since Mariner is leaving and I have little desire to go to a larger ship. I'll just check the other cruise lines out and see if I'm missing anything.
[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[quote name='PEGLEG']But how many POINTS is it worth? I think only 2 for 12 day or longer![/quote]

Sorry, hadn't been on this thread for a bit so was unable to answer your question until now. For the 3 cruises which total 46 days, the credit is 2 per cruise as they always are because they are longer than 9 nights each.

Also, just so you know, this cruise is not being called a repositioning cruise by RCCL and is actually booked as 3 different cruises. Starts Jan 4, 09 and then Jan 19, 09 and finally Feb 3, 09.
With that said if you're in a regular cabin for all three (14-15 nights each) then it's equal to 2 credits per leg/cruise for a total of 6 credits. If you're in a Jr Suite or above then it's 3 credits per leg/cruise for a total of 9 credits.

But since I last posted here, I did just book this 46 nighter this morning!
Very exciting! I think I've lost my sanity!!

Hope this helps :D

Archived