Quiet place to read?

fubarbloke

Based on what I've heard about Monarch of the Seas, this might be a dumb question. But does anyone have a favorite place to hide out on an RCCL ship for some quiet time out of the cabin? Someplace where you could sit for a couple of hours and read a book without a lot of noise? I know it's never dead quiet on a ship -- I'm thinking in terms of relative quiet.

Thanks!

Based on what I've heard about Monarch of the Seas, this might be a dumb question. But does anyone have a favorite place to hide out on an RCCL ship for some quiet time out of the cabin? Someplace where you could sit for a couple of hours and read a book without a lot of noise? I know it's never dead quiet on a ship -- I'm thinking in terms of relative quiet.

Thanks!

Viking Crown lounge during the day can be amazingly quiet and peaceful.

What I like to do is to check out the lounges that are not yet open; on Vision of the Seas for example, I found the Schooner Bar to be a very restful place where I could read my Bible and write in my journal. I agree with those who suggested the Viking Crown lounge; I don't think they start serving until 1 pm, and it was lovely and peaceful in the morning.

Check your Cruise Compass and see what times each bar and lounge opens; chances are, they will be lovely and quiet until those times. :)

Thanks!

On the Legend there is a small sun deck (with shade) at the aft (I think thats what they call the back of the ship), behind the solarium and gym . . . .it was a fantastic place to sit and read in relative peace.

On Explorer, my DH had to finish up a paper he needed in preparation for his preliminary doctoral defense, so he took his laptop aind spent much of the first five days of the cruise on the San Tropez deck which he said was a wonderful and peaceful working environment.

On a sea day, I found sitting out on the deck was pretty peaceful - not the deck with the pool on it, but that other one farther down that you can walk all the way around the ship on? Usually it's the same deck as the bottom floor of the dining room, deck four or so...

Sometimes you have to pick one side rather than the other because there's maintenance going on, and one side is designated smoking, and sometimes folks are walking laps for exercise, but it was my favorite place to plop in a deck chair in the shade, listen to the sound of the sea rushing by, read my trashy novel, take a little nap.... ahhhhh!!!

On the Monarch, the little known spot is on the rear of the ship on deck 6. There are about half a dozen lounge chairs, and it's very quiet. We always go to this spot right after muster drill for the sail-away, and occasionally on the sea day on the 3 day.

Dave

Archived