Confused about alcohol

DARRYLNCL

I am trying to figure out if you are actually allowed to bring onboard (Dawn) bottles of wine. Do your bags always get checked for these? If so, does the ship take your bottles and keep them? We'd like to possibley keep the bottles in our cabins. Can one pour our own glasses of wine on deck? If this is allowed, do they still charge you a corkage fee? Sailing in February..can't wait.

I am trying to figure out if you are actually allowed to bring onboard (Dawn) bottles of wine. Do your bags always get checked for these? If so, does the ship take your bottles and keep them? We'd like to possibley keep the bottles in our cabins. Can one pour our own glasses of wine on deck? If this is allowed, do they still charge you a corkage fee? Sailing in February..can't wait.

Yes you can bring 2 bottles and yes theres a $15 corkage fee. And the odds are 50/50 that they will find them in your checked bags. If they find them you go to the naughty room , open your bags and can pay the fee then . Or call and have them waiting in your room , Do a search above on

" Bar set-ups " . That will answer all your questions:cool:

mpk

No need to be confused. Here’s the real deal.

You can bring as much wine onboard that you want to pay the $15.00 per bottle corkage fee on. I have never heard anyone post that there is a limit to the number of bottles you can bring aboard.

Bring them with you when you board. Tell the security personnel that you have wine and they will direct you to the person who charges the corkage fees. These fees will be charged to your onboard account.

You can drink your wine in your cabin or on deck or take the bottle to the restaurant of your choice. If you need a corkscrew ask your room attendant and he/she will get you one.

Wine is not available for purchase with the Bar Setup but is available for purchase once you are onboard.

Enjoy our cruise!

No need to be confused. Here’s the real deal.

You can bring as much wine onboard that you want to pay the $15.00 per bottle corkage fee on. I have never heard anyone post that there is a limit to the number of bottles you can bring aboard.

Bring them with you when you board. Tell the security personnel that you have wine and they will direct you to the person who charges the corkage fees. These fees will be charged to your onboard account.

You can drink your wine in your cabin or on deck or take the bottle to the restaurant of your choice. If you need a corkscrew ask your room attendant and he/she will get you one.

Wine is not available for purchase with the Bar Setup but is available for purchase once you are onboard.

Enjoy our cruise!

you have it down plus you can purchase it by going to the bon voyage gifts. They have a wine package. Nita

Check out this thread form a few days ago. It contains a link to the 2007 NCL wine list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=625650

NCL does not have a wine package available for pre-order. You can get a bottle or two if you order them with a fruit basket package, etc. Jusy check the NCL website for Bon Voyage gifts.

How would this work if we were to purchase wine in port? Since we will be in Spain, Italy & France, the chances are very good that we may purchase some local wines or a bottle of local limoncello to bring home as gifts or souvenirs.

How would this work if we were to purchase wine in port? Since we will be in Spain, Italy & France, the chances are very good that we may purchase some local wines or a bottle of local limoncello to bring home as gifts or souvenirs.

If you want to consume your wine onboard you still should be able to pay the corkage fee at each port. I'm not certain of this and you should ask when you first board the ship to be sure if this is so.

Any wine you are not planning on drinking and ALL alcohol such as Limoncello will be held (no corkage fee) until the last evening of the cruise and will be returned to you.

Also, remember you are not allowed to carryon any liquid on the airlines and you should plan on packing any gift bottles in your checked luggage.

Hope this helps. :)

These responses have been really helpful but I have another question that one of you well informed souls might have an answer for. I respect and intend to abide by the $15.00 corking fee. If I take wine on board, is there a limit as to the size of the bottle that this applies to? If I take a 1500 ML bottle, is the fee the same as if I take a 750 ML bottle?

Thanks.

I brought 15 litre bottles on the Star last year. If you are paying corkage you might as well take the larger bottles. They stored my bottles in the restaurant and served them to us every night. It is $15 per bottle no matter the size.

I brought 15 litre bottles on the Star last year. If you are paying corkage you might as well take the larger bottles. They stored my bottles in the restaurant and served them to us every night. It is $15 per bottle no matter the size.

We plan on dining at different restaurants each night. My husband does not drink wine and I don't want to polish off a bottle at each sitting, so what do I do with the leftovers? Stick it in my sequined purse?

We plan on dining at different restaurants each night. My husband does not drink wine and I don't want to polish off a bottle at each sitting, so what do I do with the leftovers? Stick it in my sequined purse?

Your waiter will recork your bottle and give you a receipt. Your bottle will be stored for you. You can present your receipt at any restaurant, and your bottle will be retrieved for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Ewwww - why would you want to do that?? :)

There are some fabulous wines out there that are reasonably priced... no need to resort to 'wine in a box'....

Actually, not that I'm a wine connoisseur, but I know enough about wine to know that some pretty good wine comes in boxes. In fact, a wine connoisseur (though not the pretentious type) would argue that boxed wine eliminates the most common source of wine gone bad: the cork!

And the vaccume seal every time makes sure the wine stays fresh.

Actually, not that I'm a wine connoisseur, but I know enough about wine to know that some pretty good wine comes in boxes. In fact, a wine connoisseur (though not the pretentious type) would argue that boxed wine eliminates the most common source of wine gone bad: the cork!

And the vaccume seal every time makes sure the wine stays fresh.

http://www.blackboxwines.com/

this is fantastic!:D (and stays really fresh)

-Q

When not flying we usualy stick a wine box in the case plenty of decent wine in boxes to choose from and no glass, also fits in the mini bar fridges.

never been "spotted"

On the Gem trip there was wine package (i think it was 9-4-8 11n cruise could check).

With the cheapest bottle at $25inc a $15 fee gives you $10 for a cheap bottle try a X-check against the list to see if you save anything for the hastle on your prefered wines..

Was this on an NCL cruise. I've read on here it is hard to get anything past them. I will pay the corkage fee if needed but if i could bring a box or a bigger bottle then 750ml for my fee that would be great.

Was this on an NCL cruise. I've read on here it is hard to get anything past them. I will pay the corkage fee if needed but if i could bring a box or a bigger bottle then 750ml for my fee that would be great.

Not a problem on the ones I have done, On the recent Gem trip not a problem either in the ports, wine box brought on in Gib no problem.

I don't mind paying the corkage either but is a bit of a pain carrying bottles unless driving tothe port.

I know some carry bottles, fess up when boarding then take one/two out of the case to pay the corkage leaving a few extras hidden.

In the UK and some EU ports the bags are scanned by local not NCL staff and they don't care about booze.

You may or may not get a box wine through their system.

The rule is $15 per 750ml. If you have a magnum or box, they will charge accordingly. But then again, if you get somebody not so smart, lazy or i a good mood, you might pay only $15.

Again, it does not matter WHERE you drink it, just that you have it onboard.

Archived