$50 "thank you" certificate!

39august

I just received a $50 credit certificate and a letter thanking me for my June Explorer cruise. I didn't know RCI still sent these, as I haven't gotten one in at least 5 years! Have to book between 9-20-07 and 11-10-07. No problemo. I will be booking a "Next Cruise" when on the Freedom Oct 14 sailing, which I was going to do anyway!

But I can't use it!:mad: It's only good from 9/20 - 11/10 and I booked my upcoming Brilliance cruise on 9/14. Sort of stinks, but at least I booked that one as a Next Cruise, so we got the $200 OBC from Royal Caribbean and the $100 OBC from our TA. I briefly thought of cancelling and then rebooking, but then I realized that final payment was due on Monday, so that wouldn't work. Congrats to you, though. An extra $50 off is definitely a nice treat/surprise!:D

I just received a $50 credit certificate and a letter thanking me for my June Explorer cruise. I didn't know RCI still sent these, as I haven't gotten one in at least 5 years! Have to book between 9-20-07 and 11-10-07. No problemo. I will be booking a "Next Cruise" when on the Freedom Oct 14 sailing, which I was going to do anyway!

I've been lucky enough to get them after my last two cruises. :)

Got one, too. Same dates. My letter referred to my Monarch cruise in May, not my Explorer cruise in August. (maybe I'll get another one!)

I really don't need to book another one right now........I have three "normal" cruises plus the 3-cruise-Mariner-around-the-Horn cruise booked right now.........seems sort of overkill to be looking for another cruise to book, just because I got a $50 coupon!

On the other hand...............$50 is $50..... :D :D :D :D :D

I really enjoyed the letter with the $50 cert when it refered to our Mediterrean cruise on the Jewel. Only minor problem was we went to the British Isles/Norwegian Fjords, not the Med.

I haven't checked, but I'm not sure the Jewel ever goes to the Med.

to those who have gotten the $50 off coupon after getting home from the cruise- did you fill out the questionnaire about the cruise while onboard and turn it in? i am thinking those that do the questionaire get the $50 coupon- just a hunch.....:)

to those who have gotten the $50 off coupon after getting home from the cruise- did you fill out the questionnaire about the cruise while onboard and turn it in? i am thinking those that do the questionaire get the $50 coupon- just a hunch.....:)

We always fill out the questionnaire and drop it in the survey box on the ship, and we have never gotten the coupon, so while that might make some get the coupon, it sure hasn't gotten us one, and our surveys are pretty much always positive, thanking them for such a wonderful cruise!

We received the fifty dollar coupon today, but it is for about five specific cruises none of which interest us. We already have booked two cruises for 2008, an 11-day and a 7-day and we really can't fit in another 7-day cruise in 2008. So we can't use the coupon, although we appreciate RCI's giving us one.

The coupon came with a letter thanking us for sailing on Liberty of the Seas. It also reminded us to join Crown and Anchor. We are currently new Diamond members of C&A, so I guess whoever sends out the letters does not know your C&A status.

My coupon had the five specific cruises listed to the right, but the coupon itself was for any sailing. I got one earlier in the year and used it to go on Monarch. I just got one from the Monarch sailing I'm using to go o Majesty. Amazing how $50 makes a 4-dayer seem much more attractive, though still too short. ;)

Unfortunately we have never received one.... and we are Diamond ++.... so a little "jealous":D

And we were a little jealous too, just being Diamond ! ! !

We always complete the onboard survey. This is extremely important, especially to the dining room wait staff for their table assignments on the next cruise. We also completed an on-line survey for our last cruise in Aug that was emailed to us. But no discounts! Oh well, it would be an "excuse" to take another cruise and I am almost out of vacation anyway!!!:(

Archived