Need help

L-man

I know as of 2008 passports are required. But seems like I've read that for now a birthcertifacte and drivers license will do. Can the birth cert. be original and not a copy ??? Sailing out in two weeks ,,,,eeeeekkkkkkkk !

L-man out

Thankyou for the reply's in advance .

the BC needs to be an original copy with the seal or whatever your town of birth uses....sometimes it is actualy a copy with a seal on it if that makes sense.....

(and when you come back, may i suggest you apply for a passport.....the delay is pretty much gone!) :)

But it CANNOT be a hospital birth certificate, must be original with seal. Years ago when we got our passports my husband's had been flattened over time, seal was no longer raised. The person who took it didn't think it would pass but it did! Now we have to renew this year but don't think birth certificates have to be sent for a renewal.

Most original birth certificates are now kept at the county courthouse /birth registar's office where they are filed. The only thing the parents or child gets is a certified copy. Which is why the hospital often issues a lovely little 'original' memento with footprints and ribbon and a gold seal. Often signed by the Dr. and with the date, size and hospital listed.

An original birth certificate lists all of that, plus the full legal names of the parents, their birth locations, the city and state where born, the signatures of parents, physical description of the child and the signature of the doctor.

If your BC is old enough to be an actual original, you really ought to file it with the courthouse, and then you will never have to worry about losing an irreplaceable original document.

Please know that you will not have the "original" copy, the original is kept at (usually) county or state facilities. What you will need to have is certified copy, not a photo copy, not all state use a raised seal, some use a watermark or a stamp. If you have a hospital issued birth certificate, that is not a legal document and you need to obtain a birth certificate from the county where you were born.

We've had our passports for several years, whe we applied I had to obtain my birth certificate and it came similar to what my children have (different state). My husbands was actually a photo copy of the original, not even really a photo copy, more like the old mimeograph from years past. But, it had a colored, raised seal and was accepted by the passport issuing agency. There are as many birth certificate types as there are states. I'm sure the passport agency has seen them all and older citizens probably have some pretty interesting ones!

That would be correct.......we will be pearched high above the busseling crowds on the spa deck. Can't wait ! Yesterday was a powershopping day for some outfits that my wife could wear ! life is good

L-man out

That would be correct.......we will be pearched high above the busseling crowds on the spa deck. Can't wait ! Yesterday was a powershopping day for some outfits that my wife could wear ! life is good

L-man out

It's funny how "time to cruise" = "time to shop". :D

Did you happen to see the traffic from the police officers funeral on Thursday?

I watched a lot of the service on TV... and then I had a lunch date in the area. They had closed off some of 1604, as they traveled from CBC to the Shriner place for the reception.

Have a good day !

Archived