Informal night- jacket??

billsbrowneyedgirl

Just taking a short 3 nighter, so trying to keep luggage lite, wondering, if on informal night, would slacks, long sleeve button up shirt and tie work, or does hubby def. need to bring a jacket?

Well we just returned from the 4 nighter and on informal night, men were just wearing a nice polo shirt, slacks, loafers, or a button down shirt. Looked nice, but "smart" casual as they call it...seemed this 4 day IT, was pretty laid back...:)

Jinx made me laugh. I already packed 4 brown and 3 black pairs of shoes.

Don't try to go to Elegant Tea in the Dining Room at 4 p.m. unless you are dressed elegantly. They won't let you in. You HAVE to be dressed elegantly.

Follow the dress codes.

I wish I could help you with your shoes for an 11 nite cruise, but...

"Hi. My name is Denise, and I'm a shoeaholic."

Let me give you an example. I decided to use a pale yellow silk/chiffon dress for an informal nite. The yellow dress needed the appropriate shoes, shawl, handbag, and jewelry, which I, of course, took with me on the cruise. It was the ONLY yellow outfit I took and I took a pair of shoes JUST for 1 dress, for 1 nite! I have a rule - make sure every item you pack can go with at least 2 outfits - I don't apply that rule to shoes....EVER!

Happy cruising!

Denise

I know! I have this Royal Blue Oufit that has dyed shoes....I just can't bring it with me this time...I now have 1 pair of formal black heels, a pair of black slides with a kitten heel and 3 pairs of flip-flops.....Those are just the basics so I am hoping to only add 2 or 3 more pairs:o .....On my first 9 nite cruise, I brought 13 pairs of shoes/sandals/flip-flops!:eek: Hubby was not happy; said I better wear them all....Don't you know; I DID!!!!! But, that was way too much work!:rolleyes:

Jinx made me laugh. I already packed 4 brown and 3 black pairs of shoes.

Don't try to go to Elegant Tea in the Dining Room at 4 p.m. unless you are dressed elegantly. They won't let you in. You HAVE to be dressed elegantly.

Follow the dress codes.

My shoes had theire own suitcases on the last cruise :eek: ! I think hubby's 3 pairs were in the Garment Bag! I have promised myself I won't do that this time....:o But, it's 11 DAYS! I just don't know!:D

I'm travelling Monday 10/15 with two little kids.

I think I might just do room service and forget about all the dressing up hassle.

If I had had sufficient warning I would have bought the Gucci daipers for the baby, and the tux for the seven year old. Oh well.

Archived