NextCruise questions (merged)

When booking Next Cruise, can I book a specific cruise, with just a $100 deposit, and still use my C&A Savings Certificate, and Platinum balcony discount? Should I have my C&A Savings Certificate with me at the time?

When booking Next Cruise, can I book a specific cruise, with just a $100 deposit, and still use my C&A Savings Certificate, and Platinum balcony discount? Should I have my C&A Savings Certificate with me at the time?

Next cruise is booking a phantom cruise. If you have a specific cruise in mind, basically next cruise isn't an option. You would have to book the cruise, pay the full deposit, then get the platinum discount and any C&A savings.

If you don't know what cruise you want to book or when it will be, that's what next cruise is for. When you decide on the cruise, you have to pay the balance of the deposit.

Next cruise is for those who don't know when they want to cruise again, or what cruise they want, but still want to get the OBC. When they decide, then the full deposit becomes due and discounts if applicable will apply.

What happens if i do the next cruise and then book a cruise and pay the balance of the deposit but have to cancel before final payment? Do I lose the $100 and only get the balance of the deposit back or does that go back into another next cruise option?:confused:

What happens if i do the next cruise and then book a cruise and pay the balance of the deposit but have to cancel before final payment? Do I lose the $100 and only get the balance of the deposit back or does that go back into another next cruise option?:confused:

That's a great question. I would assume that you would get your full deposit refunded if canceled before final payment date because you used the NextCruise Option to book a specific cruise. You might want to call C&A at 1-800-526-9723 and ask them and then report back here what they tell you.

You would have no NextCruise Option left, as you used it to book the cruise you might decide to cancel. The NextCruise Option has a booking number that is assigned when you have decided on a ship/itinerary/sailing date. Once you cancel everything is deleted.

I believe it explains that in the small print. If you cancel a cruise booked with Next Cruise, you will receive your deposit amount back (less the amount of the non-refundable Next Cruise deposit) I think non-refundable really means non-refundable.

You can transfer your booked cruise with the same reservation number to another date or cruise though. What do I know though? The fine print also says that you must deposit $100 for each person in order to receive OBC....and it appears that there haven't been any problems with the single $100 Next Cruise bookings. We reserved ours before that little change came out. :D

RhondaC, I booked a Nextcruise booking and changed it to a specific ship and date shortly after returning home. I just paid the additional deposit and a C&A discount coupon and Platinum balcony discount were both applied to the booking without a problem.

I thought I had heard something about "for a friend" coupons that can be requested with a "next cruise" booking. They are supposed to allow friends to also book a cruise and have OBC without actually booking onboard. Can anyone clarify? I'm wondering about the specifics of the use of "for a friend next cruise" coupons. TIA :)

Masterbaker, yours is a good question. I made a Nextcruise booking on Legend of the Seas in April and on Empress of the Seas in June. Each time, I asked the Loyalty Ambassador about obtaining the friend coupon, but neither LA was able to share much information about the friend program or supply a coupon. Like you, I am curious about the friend booking option and would like to know if anyone here on Cruisecritic has successfully had a friend book and receive the onboard credit.

We just recently had to pay $200 bucks for a next-cruise booking number. It is non-refundable, so I would assume if you have to cancel a booking, the $200 bucks rides for the next booking. And since it is a "deposit" it has no effect on other discounts. The OBC given is to lock you in to taking another cruise and using your money without paying you interest.

The Next Cruise deposit money doesn't ride. If you cancel the cruise, you will lose your non-refundable deposit and your unique Next Cruise booking number. I think it would be "good luck" trying to get it back. :)

I just opened another thread on that subject without knowing that one already exists. So I post here now.

Great info on the subject but...

the talk is always about an undefined future cruise. I am going on a cruise in November and I already know that I will book one additional one. I know the destination, the date etc.

Will the deposit remain at $500/stateroom (it will be an additional 7 nighter) or do I pay $400 when I book onboard? And how does the coupons ($125/balcony) for that particular cruise apply? Can I use it booking on the ship? Will it affect my onboard credit? You know sometimes you can't use special offers with special offers.

Thanks for all the great info.

I just opened another thread on that subject without knowing that one already exists. So I post here now.

Great info on the subject but...

the talk is always about an undefined future cruise. I am going on a cruise in November and I already know that I will book one additional one. I know the destination, the date etc.

Will the deposit remain at $500/stateroom (it will be an additional 7 nighter) or do I pay $400 when I book onboard? And how does the coupons ($125/balcony) for that particular cruise apply? Can I use it booking on the ship? Will it affect my onboard credit? You know sometimes you can't use special offers with special offers.

Thanks for all the great info.

When booking a specific ship/itinerary/date while on board, you would pay the normal deposit for that cruise depending on length. So yes, for a 7 day cruise it would be a $500 deposit.

Your coupon code should be emailed to coupons@rccl.com when you have your booking number and all other pertinent information. It will not affect your OBC.

NextCruise Bookings are only made while on board a ship when you do not know when/where your next cruise will be or if you are waiting for new itineraries to come out. Then a $100 deposit can be made that is non-refundable but is good forever. It has a booking number attached to it, so when you decide on a cruise, you would either give RCI or your TA the number that appears on your confirmation letter.

Wouldn't that be true only if you were past the penalty time for full refund?

I don't know for sure. But I don't think you can receive a full refund of Next Cruise deposit monies if you CANCEL the cruise. Otherwise, why couldn't you just get your Next Cruise money back if you changed your mind? It says it is non-refundable. I think Royal Caribbean is going to keep it whether you go on another cruise or not. :) If you made a NC booking, presumably you plan to go on one. Has anyone outright cancelled one to find out for sure?

The Next Cruise deposit money doesn't ride. If you cancel the cruise, you will lose your non-refundable deposit and your unique Next Cruise booking number. I think it would be "good luck" trying to get it back. :)

You can just change it to another cruise.........If you need to cancel,pick another cruise right away and just transfer the booking number......the deposit will go with it....Dont cancel......just change the ship and/or date...

I've done that it already..

It is called Next Cruise and you put down 100$ deposit instead of the normal deposit until you decide what cruise you want to take. You must book this on board with the loyalty ambassador. The OBC is based on the length of the cruise 3-5 days =50$, 7-9 days =100$ and 10+ =200$ per cabin.

These OBCs, are there differences in categories? Or are those OBCs just based on length?

What if I buy a NextCruise and use a TA to do the final booking. Do I get OBCs from both or does one offset the other?

Can anyone tell me about the Future Cruise credit (discount, OBC, etc)? We are planning on an October 2008 7 day cruise with 2 balconies. My mother (C&A Diamond member) is sailing back to back cruises in April. How much of a discount would she get? We are trying to decide which is better, the Future Cruise Credit or the WOW sale next Wednesday. Thanks

Can anyone tell me about the Future Cruise credit (discount, OBC, etc)? We are planning on an October 2008 7 day cruise with 2 balconies. My mother (C&A Diamond member) is sailing back to back cruises in April. How much of a discount would she get? We are trying to decide which is better, the Future Cruise Credit or the WOW sale next Wednesday. Thanks

Look at other threads on here that go into detail about this.

Basically, I think you are talking about booking a cruise while on a cruise to get $50-$200 OBC depending on length of cruise. One way is to get a "nextcruise" booking.

IMHO-The WOW sale has exclusions that make it not desirable for C & A platinum and above.

Read the posts about the WOW sale and decide for yourself.

Good luck

for balconies or suites for a week is $100 off. If she books the cruise from a Next Cruise she bought onboard any past cruises, she can get another $100 OBC to use for tips.

Our 14 nt cruises we got $200 off & $250 OBC

Just so the original poster doesn't confused by this response, OBC does NOT have to be used for tips. OBC can be used for any type of onboard purchase including but not limited to spa treatments, gift shop purchases, coke cards, wine packages, etc!

Regarding the WOW special, if you qualify for C & A balcony discounts, the WOW special is normally not the best option, but you have to look as your specific sailing details to be sure.

We did the NextCruise program on Enchantment in September. Our credit card has been charged $200, but we never received any kind of confirmation or booking number. I asked the Loyalty Ambassador & he said we would get an email. We haven't. Do you think if I call C & A they would be able to verify?

We did the NextCruise program on Enchantment in September. Our credit card has been charged $200, but we never received any kind of confirmation or booking number. I asked the Loyalty Ambassador & he said we would get an email. We haven't. Do you think if I call C & A they would be able to verify?
Definitely call them. They should be able to tell you your booking #. Why did you get charged $200. You only had to put 1 name on the booking, thus $100.

Archived