Made Final Payment on Cruise Today!

I made my final payment on the cruise DH and I will be taking in Jan. on the Serenade... Sheesh....we booked it summer of last year and didn't pay a dime...well, some deposit of some sort... Then came June and we had to finally pay up - why we didn't pay throughout the year is beyond me. At any rate - the last payment actually went in last night but I didn't know until today... Finally! Now I can start saving for the excursions and extras and can also get excited without the stress of making another hefty payment! Oh yeah - airfare just got paid three weeks ago....yayayaya!

I know that it is not the best fiscally responsible way to go, we lose a bit of interest, blah , blah, but I prefer the peace of mind to know that our trips are paid off early. Made final payment on our December cruise about a month ago , now working on paying next April's- I will leave a small balance to cover any potential price drops- but will pay the majority of it off-:D

Sometimes I like to book the larger suites, so if I am so inclined I will book more than a year out and pay 500 a month as we go along...then when final payment is due, surprise nothing is due...we are paid off and already saving for excursions.

My niece just booked an Enchantment four day cruise for her husband and her for December of 2008. Every week she will put down a little money and she too will have her trip paid for before final payment.

We just find it a lot easier that way.

Archived