Final Deposits

jerseyjk

Here's a question I should know the answer to, but I'm doubting my own answer (and intelligence frankly).

When are final deposits typically due? I believe it's 90 days but having slow brain syndrome.

I'm thinking about a b'day present for DW mid to late January. I recall my recent HI cruise price dropping significantly after final deposits were due and want to time my search to correspond with what I hope will be a similar price-drop. I'm willing to risk it because I don't particularly care (with some constraints) where or from where we cruise and if it doesn't work out, there's always jewelry ;).

If anyone has any further advice (past the date due of deposits) for getting a good deal given my situation above, I would be appreciative of that as well.

75 days out is typical; for some holiday cruises it is farther out. I know that we book farther out than 90 days, and on RCI and Celebrity if there is a price reduction that is not a "special" we can get the reduction even after our final payment.

What a great birthday present!

The norm is 75 days out for most all cruises, and 90 days out for holiday and special event cruises. A mid January cruise would require final payment November 1st, in that vicinity. There have been some great prices for cruises in the mid to late January date ranges. Those are the sailings from FLL and MIA. Bayonne, NY and Brooklyn are higher but you save on the airfare (but sometimes it is cheaper to fly!)

Archived