All things Monarch of the Seas

We pinch ourselves all the time when we are at the beach. Been here a year and just love it.Especially enjoy watching the cruise ships but it does make you want to cruise more!!

Oh,I imagine so...........I would want to work at the port.....

We pinch ourselves all the time when we are at the beach. Been here a year and just love it.Especially enjoy watching the cruise ships but it does make you want to cruise more!!

Hi neighbor! :)

Yes, it is a tough job having to live next to a wonderful cruise port! :D'

Even if we don't venture down to the port to watch those lovely ladies slide out to sea,

we can hear the declaration of "everyone that is going ashore...get the heck off the ship!"

horn! :eek:

Yes, you are correct, I forgot about room service. We've gotten in the habit of ordering cheese and fruit plates in the afternoon. Very nice. Can't believe I forget it.

To continue the answer to picantel, room service is free except from midnight to 5am when there is a $5 charge per order.

I also forget to mention the coffee and ice cream bar. These are extra cost priced per item.

Yumss I forgot about those fruit and cheese plates! Now that we are in the "retiree mode" and are not doing suites anymore on our limited income....we can still pamper ourselves with that wonderful room service. Just need to order in advance, instead of expecting it to be in our room without asking! Thanks for the reminder! :D

Happy cruising to you all! :D

.... And don't forget the afternoon snacks in the Windjammer! DH loves to go there in the afternoon to get a bowl of ice cream (they also have lots of other great snacks) and it's all included in your cruise fare.

Hi Space coast! :D

Lucky are the 11/1 Monarch sailers to have that great view just at sail time!

We are the Monday just before, and will be out in the "little boat" to watch!

cruising Oct 18th. we live part time not far from you - Cocoa Beach.

Happy cruising Barbiegator!

Nice place we live in, is it not? :D

I will be down at Grills on your sail away to wave a "calm seas, and smooth sailings" salute to you as you slide out to sea! :)

Yes it does! It's on deck nine. We've beeon on the Monarch several times and have never used it but plan on using it next time in about two months.

And don't forget the wonderful "jogging track"... of which we love to do our speed walks on, which is the alternative to my bad knees! :D

So I've heard:p:p:p--seriously,yes........and yes,even on a b2b2b2b2,you do muster!

The only way that I've found to fight all the salt that they put in the food is to hit the gym. I do admit that I don't make it enough but some is better than none.

I have not been on a cruise for over 2 years, since we bought our motorhome (which won't be fixed now for 8 months).

Just noticed the thread on no more life vests at muster?

Is that true for Monarch also?

How nice not to have that thing on you in the heat packed like sardines on the deck! :D

I have not been on a cruise for over 2 years, since we bought our motorhome (which won't be fixed now for 8 months).

Just noticed the thread on no more life vests at muster?

Is that true for Monarch also?

How nice not to have that thing on you in the heat packed like sardines on the deck! :D

No life vests on the MN or any of the other RCCL ships..:)

And don't forget the wonderful "jogging track"... of which we love to do our speed walks on, which is the alternative to my bad knees! :D

I agree, I always manage to do a couple of laps, if not every day, at least a couple of times.

We live in Melbourne, I wish we lived on the coast! (We thought we would be safer from the hurricanes here but unfortunaly got hit twice, 10 days apart in 2004.:eek::eek::eek: Isn't that ironic?

The only way that I've found to fight all the salt that they put in the food is to hit the gym. I do admit that I don't make it enough but some is better than none.

We use the stairs all the time, except when carrying baggage, (DH always pushes me to use the stairs, even when I'm tired) to compensate for the extra food we tend to eat while cruising, but that doesn't save me from swollen feet and ankles: (I don't have this problem at home because we always try to eat healthy) but I'd rather be cruising anyway! (Wish DH would feel the same way!) I'll have to say that he is a great guy and agrees to cruise often to please me!

We use the stairs all the time, except when carrying baggage, (DH always pushes me to use the stairs, even when I'm tired) to compensate for the extra food we tend to eat while cruising, but that doesn't save me from swollen feet and ankles: (I don't have this problem at home because we always try to eat healthy) but I'd rather be cruising anyway! (Wish DH would feel the same way!) I'll have to say that he is a great guy and agrees to cruise often to please me!

On the last cruise (week long) we managed to hit the gym 4 times. Not great, but better than normal. For the first time in a long time, my feet didn't swell. Maybe they started useing less salt in their food...NOT! I don't think that the stairs are really good enough. I need to really break a sweat in order to get the salt out of me. It usually takes at least 45 minutes on the crosstrainer.:eek:

I agree, I always manage to do a couple of laps, if not every day, at least a couple of times.

We live in Melbourne, I wish we lived on the coast! (We thought we would be safer from the hurricanes here but unfortunaly got hit twice, 10 days apart in 2004.:eek::eek::eek: Isn't that ironic?

We actually live on Merritt Island, which is not direct coast, but enough for the insurance people to charge us the extra "hurricane premium"...sheez....

My poor sister moved down to Florida to be closer to her big sister, coming from Michigan.

Yup, moved down in the Spring of 2004. She was "ground zero" for both hurricanes, as she lives on Hutchinson Island. :eek:

Thanks for starting this new thread. DH and I will be cruising on the Monarch this coming January and I am anxious to read all I can about her!

Actually this "new thread' is 3 years old!!:p:p But glad it will be of some help to you..

First post here so go easy on me. Its my second RC cruise (1st was on Grandeur of the Seas back in March). We will be headed off next month on Monarch for a "long weekend". Here's my question, I am not the type of person that likes to dress up for dinner. On the Grandeur they were very laid back and let us in with jeans and Tshirts for the "formal" dinner. Is the Monarch the same way? I know it sounds stupid but I dress up 5 days a week and on my weekends and especially on vacation I just like to be more laid back and enjoy dressing down. Thanks.

First post here so go easy on me. Its my second RC cruise (1st was on Grandeur of the Seas back in March). We will be headed off next month on Monarch for a "long weekend". Here's my question, I am not the type of person that likes to dress up for dinner. On the Grandeur they were very laid back and let us in with jeans and Tshirts for the "formal" dinner. Is the Monarch the same way? I know it sounds stupid but I dress up 5 days a week and on my weekends and especially on vacation I just like to be more laid back and enjoy dressing down. Thanks.

Of course you can wear jeans on formal night. That's what the Windjammer is for.

The MN no longer has formal nights(at least on the 3nighter)......you can wear what you want,but just suggesting maybe something more than jeans and t shirt.........maybe nice jeans and a button down or polo shirt...........But you're right,you can basically wear what you want.

So they are more up tight about the MDR? No jeans in the MDR?

They will let you in if you are wearing jeans, but you will be in the minority. There is still a formal night on the 4 night sailing, but on the 3 night I believe its smart casual. You would probably be less out of place in a pair of dockers and collared shirt. While I did see a tux or two last month on formal night, that was far from the norm. More like a button down shirt and a tie. If you don't want to do the tie, you could could forgo that and be fine.

The good news is they did away with Formal Night. They call it Smart Casual. But the other two nights you should be fine with jeans and a shirt. Don't think they want flip flops and bathsuits but you said that's not what you would wear anyway. Have fun and don't worry about what other people on this board or on the ship say if it's not nice.

Happy Cruising!!!!!!!

Archived