Have you had a Caribbean cruise canceled due to weather?

Roboat

I'm GUESSING that, with all the forecasting models, and close operating margins, Caribbean cruises are rarely cancelled anymore. Is this true?

I would guess they re-route several times a year, which can be a pain for the Pax, but the ship still gets the revenue.

Has anyone had a Caribbean cruise actually cancelled due to weather in the past 5 years? How about delayed departure or return?

Only one time have we had a port cancelled due to weather......and that was last Thanksgiving on "MY" Maasdam . That is remarkably good luck for us seeing how much and how long we have cruised.

We have had ports cancelled for a number of other reasons (dock workers strike, pilot strike, a buoy out of place in a harbor, mechanical problems slowing down the ship etc etc).

Whaddyagonna do? Moan and groan and carry on......or go on about enjoying yourself? Whether you bellyache or not, the port is still going to be bypassed. If there were a chance a change in decision would result there might be some rationale to the complaining.....but no change is going to be made.

Then they start in with one of my Least favorite words: Compensation. I reallly, really dislike when passengers whip that one out.

Go get a frozen umbrella drink and chill out!!

Sorry...JMHO

We were forced to bypass GC last january on the Oosterdam and I never heard a word about anyone expecting to be compensated...thank goodness. I never cease to be amazed at the things some people expect others to do for them.

You're dead on about this one S7S.

We have some friends who were sailing out of New York to Bermuda and got rerouted to Canada because of the damage due to a hurricane. They are Canadians and weren't very happy but there was no other choice.

Archived