Just back from Voyager 9/22/07 Nice to Venice

raiderette

We just returned from the Voyager cruise from Nice to Venice. This was our first Regent, but sixth cruise. Regent was great. We were in room 862, which was wonderful, don't know if I would do the butler again. Never saw him much. We did the ship excursions and we were extremely dissappointed with the Exclusively Rome, which was the their choice. The bus driver was always late to pick us up. The guide was rude. We didn't get lunch (Which was horrible at best, I only drank some wine) until 2:30, we were 2 hours late getting back to the ship. They did refund in part because all of us complained. The people on the excursion were the best part. All our other excursions were wonderful, even with rain we still had wonderful days in port. Our gondola guy was the best. One note when returning. They delayed our flight out of Venice, which made us miss our flight in Frankfurt. Although they said they were holding the plane, they did not. They put us up at the Sheridan, with dinner vouchers, which was nice. All of the other Regent people were at the Sheridan except for two elderly women which they put up at an old army base, (They Thought or a school), they said it was dirty. They said they would take care of our luggage, which was lost both going into Frankfurt and coming out. We were late again at Chicago, you need two hours to be able to go through customs, claim your luggage, and we had to get new boarding passes, to say the least we missed the plane again. Other than that it was great cruise.

Sorry to hear about your return troubles...I did a Regent all day Rome tour last year, and it was absolutely horrible. Sounds like you had the same guide... very rude and very selfish, she made us make a detour so at the end of the day she could drop herself off at her place, and we ended up missing some of the sights, it was the worst guided tour I had ever been on. Even lunch was crappy if I remember right.

I'm glad overall you had a good cruise. The tour to Rome sounds horrible! To have a bad meal in Roma is a sin! They must have gone out of their way to find a bad restaurant. That's one of the reasons I hate tours with lunch included. They also tend to waste too much time during lunch.

Sorry to hear about your return troubles...I did a Regent all day Rome tour last year, and it was absolutely horrible. Sounds like you had the same guide... very rude and very selfish, she made us make a detour so at the end of the day she could drop herself off at her place, and we ended up missing some of the sights, it was the worst guided tour I had ever been on. Even lunch was crappy if I remember right.

Francheska was her name and she was a ring tailed toot. There was a couple on the tour and her husband had had triple bypass three weeks prior, when we had to walk further than the tour had stated the woman wanted to pass, Fran would not allow it, we were at the collesium and the woman wanted to wait in the bus and Fran said no she would have to run the airconditioner, the woman got off the bus and said she and her husband would be getting a beer at the bar located nearby and to pick them up on the way back. This young woman was extremely rude. The ship was late leaving because of us and she didn't ride back, she wanted to stay in Rome.

Francesca sounds like a nightmare....and hopefully either the

cruise line or land tour operator will take note & dispatch her.

How disappointing not to have a wonderful day in Rome.

While clearly the A/C should have been run on the bus...at

the same time, whatever was a person who was 3 weeks post

bypass surgery doing on a full day tour???????

While clearly the A/C should have been run on the bus...at

the same time, whatever was a person who was 3 weeks post

bypass surgery doing on a full day tour???????

My thoughts exactly!

Host Dan

Archived