VISA ETA requirement for Australia

ronsex

A group of us are sailing on the Mariner Nov 4 from Singapore to Sydney. Last time I sailed Mariner to Sydney Regent arranged for the ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) VISA for Australia. We are being told that we need to do this ourselves now... that Regent no longer takes care of this.

Anyone out there know more about this. We can't get a straight answer from Regent. We asked 3 people and got 3 separate answers.

Thanks,

R

Where did you book your airline tickets through? Thats the sorce it needs to be done with so that it attaches itself to your airline tickets. If thats not a possibility for you you can also go to http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

We are sailing into Sydney from Singapore... we are flying out of Sydney so no airline in. Last time I saled into Sydney from San Francisco... Regent took care of it.

Anyone else on the SIN to SYD portion of the Grand Asia Pacific have info?

Thanks,

We are on the Singapore to Sydney segment and were told by Regent that passengers have to get their own visa. We bought ours online through http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETA which is the Australian Electronic Travel Authority. It cost AUS$20.00/person and was completed within a couple of minutes - took me longer to type in the passport information. The ETA is good for multiple entries over a one year period for stays of up to 3 months. However, you must have a passport from one of the countries that is recognized for an ETA visa. You can also get the visa through your travel agent.

Nothing is placed in your passport, and it is electronically recorded on Australian Government systems. I printed hard copies and we will take them with us.

Hope this helps.

mariners

I'm suprised US citizens must have a Visa when visiting Australia for under three months as we don't have to have one to go to the US under similar circumstances. Anything to collect money off you guys!

Just a word of warning - when entering Australia, fill in your Customs Declaration Form accurately as everything goes through an X-ray and you could be in big trouble if you haven't declared it. When they say 'food' they mean anything that goes in your mouth. That doesn't mean you can't bring it in, you just must declare it.

Have a great time while here!

R,

We got our tickets today, and our TA had included the visa for Australia so we should have waited instead of paying the processing fee. Hope all of you got your tickets/visas, too! If you are interested, restaurant reservations were also working online today for booking Latitudes and Signatures.

Down Under - we are from Canada and it seems like we need visas for most places. Looking forward to our first taste of Australia and I know we'll have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, each passenger going to Australia whether flying there or entering by cruise ship must get an ETA. It is good from the time you get it for one year and as others have said you can easily purchase it on line. And, after you do don't be surprised with how little information is on what you print out. Basically, an ETA number and not even your name.

When you order the ETA have your passports handy and take your time to carefully enter all of the information requested.

It's no big deal to obtain and just takes a few minutes. You do need to print it out.

Keith

Archived