Big Airfare Drop! Need Advise Quickly!

What time have you gotten off Liberty after customs & getting luggage?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What time have you gotten off Liberty after customs & getting luggage?

• Between 7:30am and 8:30am
    • Between 8:30am and 9:30am
    • Between 9:30am and 10:30am
    • After 10:30am

Hello ALL!

Need some quick advise. I know I've seen this topic discussed numerous times, but I'm at work and can't really do a search looking for my answer. We are going on Liberty of the Seas in February. I found a great deal on a non-stop flight home, but it leaves at 11:55 am. I wondered how far the airport is from the port and average time you've gotten off the ship. Do we have a safe chance of making this flight, or should I check into a different flight home? Also, can transportation through RCCL be purchased for one-way? What other transportation options do you recommend to get to airport in reasonable amount of time (ex. cab, airport shuttle...)

I wouldn't, but that just me. Last thing we want to do after a great cruise is stress out about catching a flight to rush home.

In fact after our next cruise we're going to spend 3 nights on the gulf coast on Marco Island to de-compress:D

I think you should be fine with 11:55. I would opt for a taxi at about $24 to MIA from the port. I guess I'm assuming that you are using the Miami airport. You can buy one way from RCL but a taxi will be cheaper and quicker.

As long as you're flying out of MIA, it shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't bother with the RCI transfers; just get a taxi outside the cruise terminal & they'll get you to the airport in about 15-20 minutes. When they assign the departure luggage tags, all flights before noon get the earliest debarkation colors. Now if you're flying out of FLL, that's a little too early IMO.

That's one of the quickest decisions I've ever made, told the boss I needed a 5 min personal break! :o I opted for the non-stop flight to Miami from Cleveland with a return flight at 12:40 (stops in Orlando). My DH is a "Nervous Nelly" and I think the 11:55am flight would have freaked him out. I appreciate the advise about taking a cab instead of the RCCL transfer, we'll do that! The bonus of the flight home is I'll have an hour or so to go to the theme park shops between flights! :)

I'm so happy I got this, have to share with my roll call people!

THANKS! :D

I have made 11:30 flights out of MIA with some time to spare. Get an early debarkation color and take a taxi to MIA. There are plenty of taxis lined up. We never do RCCL transportation, as we don't want to wait for the bus to fill up and let people off.

Eric

I have scheduled my flight out of Miami (to Indy) in December for 11:55 a.m. Last cruise I did an afternoon flight (not only afternoon, late afternoon, then it got delayed until 6:00 pm), I was at the airport by 10:00 a.m. taking the cruise shuttle.

I am also a nervous nelly, but I will not spend that much time in an airport again. I am taking a taxi and doing self - debarkment. I noticed someone mentioned they carried their own luggage off.

Do a taxi and self - debarkment and you shouldn't have problems. Just remember things can happen, but even when I have read about security breaches, they whole ship is empty by 11:00 a.m. You should be o.k.

Linda

I know this is about Liberty,but I just sailed on Majesty and took my own luggage down (easy) and was off the ship and thru Customs by 7.20am and I could have gone off at 0645 if I had wanted. They asked for anyone who wanted to self disembark to be ready at that time,along with people who had booked a tour around Miami before flying.

I printed my boarding pass on the ship.

By 7.45am I was at the airport ($24 taxi), had done the kerbside checkin,had gone thru Security and was heading towards my gate for a 10.10 am flight.

Unless something unusual happens they usually get into Miami on time- 0600.

I usually book as advised,after 12noon, but no more, I'll take my chances.

We were on Freedom in June and I am sure I could have done the same schedule then but stuck to the 12 noon deadline.:)

I know this is about Liberty,but I just sailed on Majesty and took my own luggage down (easy) and was off the ship and thru Customs by 7.20am and I could have gone off at 0645 if I had wanted. They asked for anyone who wanted to self disembark to be ready at that time,along with people who had booked a tour around Miami before flying.

I printed my boarding pass on the ship.

By 7.45am I was at the airport ($24 taxi), had done the kerbside checkin,had gone thru Security and was heading towards my gate for a 10.10 am flight.

Unless something unusual happens they usually get into Miami on time- 0600.

I usually book as advised,after 12noon, but no more, I'll take my chances.

We were on Freedom in June and I am sure I could have done the same schedule then but stuck to the 12 noon deadline.:)

Way different subject, but we are getting ready for our first long cruise on FOS, Western Caribbean. Any comments/suggestions?

Linda

Archived