How much is the per person per day gratuity charge

Could someone please let me know the gratuity charge in US$. I am in the UK and they will only quote me in sterling. As RCI operate in US$ the sterling charge (which is fixed if I prepay) must be based on the US charge but they are unable or unwilling me to tell me what that rate is. Thanks in advance.

Could someone please let me know the gratuity charge in US$. I am in the UK and they will only quote me in sterling. As RCI operate in US$ the sterling charge (which is fixed if I prepay) must be based on the US charge but they are unable or unwilling me to tell me what that rate is. Thanks in advance.

It comes out to $9/person/day

The suggested amount is $10.00 US. $4.00 for waiter, $4.00 Room steward, $2.00 Asst. Waiter. If your experience is anything like mine has been you will want to give more for all the service and attention they give you.

If you are not in a suite, the "suggested" amount for tips if $9.75 USD per day per passenger. If you are in a full suite, it is $12.00 USD per passenger

I will post the breakdown, because the above posted info is not totally correct. It is $3.50 for the waiter, $2.00 for assistant waiter, $3.50 for the cabin steward and .75 for the headwaiter. The difference in the suite is that the suite attendant gets $5.25 instead of $3.50 per person per day. Anything above that is up to you.

I am basing my info on my May 2007 cruise and I expect the next one will be the same. If the prices have gone up, RCI hasn't informed us and I do apologize.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you are not in a suite, the "suggested" amount for tips if $9.75 USD per day per passenger. If you are in a full suite, it is $12.00 USD per passenger

I will post the breakdown, because the above posted info is not totally correct. It is $3.50 for the waiter, $2.00 for assistant waiter, $3.50 for the cabin steward and .75 for the headwaiter. The difference in the suite is that the suite attendant gets $5.25 instead of $3.50 per person per day. Anything above that is up to you.

I am basing my info on my May 2007 cruise and I expect the next one will be the same. If the prices have gone up, RCI hasn't informed us and I do apologize.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sorry to correct the corrector, but a suite attendant's recommended tip is $5.75 per day. :)

I am not sure who 'they' are - your T/A or RCI themselves - but the daily sggested gratuity rate is clearly posted on RCI FAQ website - so it is not any big secret.

It works out at $9.75pppd

$3.50 - waiter,

$2.00 - assistant waiter,

$3.50 - steward

$0.75 - headwaiter.

And no, a JS does not count as a suite when it comes to tipping

Sorry to correct the corrector, but a suite attendant's recommended tip is $5.75 per day. :)

Once again you are right. I just can't add. The $12 is the right amount daily for suite occupants. I tried to post to you on the Chops/dining room thread, but for some reason the post didn't go through. I was trying to be nice, and you know for me that's hard at times, when I said bordered on ------

Del,

A JS isn't considered a suite by RCI so the tip is still the same as a regular cabin.

I tried to post to you on the Chops/dining room thread, but for some reason the post didn't go through. I was trying to be nice, and you know for me that's hard at times, when I said bordered on ------.
And I was surely agreeing with you! It was hard to be nice or not SHOCKED at the original question!

Go back and read more, it is getting more interesting!

I just got finished reading the rest of the thread. Wow, I can't believe her at all. I noticed she also posted some pics of her wedding. Interesting.

Why all the lies? It makes no sense to me.

I havent been on Royal Caribbean since last Oct. Do they automatically take the tips off the cruise card now?

No, the standard is still to pay in cash at the end of the cruise. But you can opt to have them put on your Seapass card or you can opt to prepay them when you book the cruise.

Great... Thank you!

I have another question, off topic.

Does RC offer early debarkation yet?

Yes they do at most ports. Cape Liberty in NJ is one I know that definitely doesn't. Not positive on others, maybe San Juan.

Archived