Suva

Just receivedThis advice from DFAT Travel Advisor It contains new information under Safety and Security: Civil Unrest/Political Tension (update). The overall level of the advice for Fiji not changedbut The level of the advice for Suva has increased to high degreee of caution .

Wonder what is going on over there now? Hmmm I dont know if i want to be on a bus doing a shore tour and have trouble getting back to the boat. Will they cancel Suva do u think. It doesnt worry me as have been there several times and wont mind missing it but wondering what they will replace it with . ( hope its not luganville :D )

ICEMAIDEN..we were in Suva 2 weeks ago on RP, no problems at all, saw no troops or trouble around, not many police officers around either.

Suva is a dump in my opinion, dirty, crowded, congested traffic, run down, but no dramas there now.:cool:

Chers..Les :eek:

Suva is a dump in my opinion, dirty, crowded, congested traffic, run down, but no dramas there now.:cool:

Yep, that pretty much sums up Suva, civil unrest or not!

I think when we're there next year we'll do the whole day round island tour - get away from town.

[

I agree with u about suva les I was going to do a tour so didnt have to go hang round town. It appears to have escalated overnight so anything that has happened would be very recent. Glad u got back safe and sound we are all waiting to hear about the rough trip back ... all the gorey details:D

Jen

If you are looking for something to do in Suva, grab a taxi for the day (we hired one for about $80, cheaper than a tour!) and go to Natadola beach, really stunning, heres the link to some pics i took when there in 2004

http://community.webshots.com/album/560947832kInCHo

it would be about a 45 minute drive from Suva, along the way you would pass Pacific harbour and Sigatoga, where you could stop off at the markets, pretty sleazy, but not as bad as Suva:eek: , also could stop in at one of the big resorts such as The Warwick, Outrigger on the lagoon or the Fijian for lunch and a swim. The taxi drivers over there do this all the time, they just sit in the car and wait for you, we tried to con ours to have lunch with us but he refused:( Cheap day out to do what you want and get out of Suva.

If you have the Jasons map, have a look and you will see the landmarks and hotels.

forgot to add, ask anyone over there where the best beach is on Vitu levu and they will say Natadola, there is horse riding there, and the locals will come down and try to sell you jewellry, they can hassle a bit, we had fun swimming with them!!

Chez

xx

Icy, what do you have against Luganville? :p

It's a wonderful up-to-the-minute place, chock full of resorts, boutiques, coffee shops, hotels, and water front ice-cream shops. NOT!! :D :D

I didnt think anyone would notice I didnt like luganville... Min you they do have some stunning dress botiques there:rolleyes: :D

Like these? :) :)

ffb5.jpg?grwG1BHBaCEuHzzm

f9ea.jpg?grwG1BHBbh8rhwY1

I really wish I had bought one of the dresses and also one of the shirts with alifornia on them. Wonder what happened to the C? They were only $5.00.

My daughter manages a Sportsgirl shop, she would've loved them. :eek:

Icy, what do you have against Luganville? :p

It's a wonderful up-to-the-minute place, chock full of resorts, boutiques, coffee shops, hotels, and water front ice-cream shops. NOT!! :D :D

From the photos, it is reminding me of the Op Shop stretch in Maitland - Sinsational fashion.

Cheers

Geoff

See what happens when two CCers go on the same ship at the same time to the same island? We take the same photo. :p

2811.jpg?gr4U2BHBgMvALPvJ

I got a shock when you posted yours, because I have one too. Or is that mine? :eek:

Jen

I was in Suva in 1975 and don't really remember a lot about it but I must say I have no real desire to go back. I would not be disappointed if they went elswhere instead. Especially as none of the tours on offer there tickle my fancy either. Really stuck as to what to do. The Pearl resort sounds ok but I figured "why pay $89 (x 5) to do what we're going to be doing on the ship......lazing around a pool with a cocktail?":rolleyes: . I know it's in the wrong direction & would have to rearrange the whole itinerary but wouldn't it be great if we went to Champagne Bay instead?;)

Karen

I was in Suva in 1975 and don't really remember a lot about it but I must say I have no real desire to go back. I would not be disappointed if they went elswhere instead. Especially as none of the tours on offer there tickle my fancy either. Really stuck as to what to do. The Pearl resort sounds ok but I figured "why pay $89 (x 5) to do what we're going to be doing on the ship......lazing around a pool with a cocktail?":rolleyes: . I know it's in the wrong direction & would have to rearrange the whole itinerary but wouldn't it be great if we went to Champagne Bay instead?;)

Karen

My Parents did the Pacific Harbour Cultural Extravaganza and they loved it.

See what happens when two CCers go on the same ship at the same time to the same island? We take the same photo. :p

I got a shock when you posted yours, because I have one too. Or is that mine? :eek:

Jen

I have the same pic but i think this one is yours, yours picked up the brilliant colours and exquisite lines better than mine:D

Jen

Archived