Top 10 reason why not to book CC cabin 6143 or 6144 on M-Class ships

Xcruiser

Hi Patty

Welcome aboard neighbour. We've had CC before but not this one. Looking forward to CC breakfast & strawberry smoothie on balcony and afternoon cocktails at sail away. If we have port side & you'd like to join us tap on the door loudly (often you can't hear out on balcony)

Robert said do you think Penthouse would notice if we climb over the balcony doors & slip into their hot tub under the cover of darkness?

Do you think we have 2 formals or 3 on this trip?

Top 10 reason why not to book CC cabin 6143 or 6144 on M-Class ships:

#10. Balcony is way too big so you spend the entire cruise rearranging the table, chairs and loungers to try to take advantage of all that open space.

# 9. That area of the ships is way to quiet and peaceful, almost spooky quiet.

# 8. Almost no vibration or rocking of the ship in the aft so you don’t get the true feeling of being at sea.

# 7. When you look down from the balcony all you see is ocean and not the pretty bright orange tops of the life boats.

# 6. When you look up at night from the balcony you are blinded by those bright stars, no metal superstructure to provide cover.

# 5. Walking down the wide hall to your room near the Penthouse you’re surrounded by Royal Suites with all that marble and dark woods which reminds you that you have the cheapest house in the richest neighborhood. Who would want that!

# 4. The stateroom attendant constantly tries to outshine all the butlers in the area. As a result your breakfast arrives at your room hot at the time you specified, the last thing you would expect. No more fun playing when will it arrive and how cold will it be.

# 3. Stateroom attendant keeps leaving small portions of food with toothpicks stuck in them and wrapped in plastic every afternoon. Like you really need to eat more onboard and gain a few more pounds!

# 2. Someone keeps leaving an unopened bottle of Champagne in the ice bucket when you arrive so there is no place to put the bottle you smuggled onboard.

# 1. We have been unlucky enough to have this room on Infinity, Summit, Constellation and will be stuck with in again soon on Millennium. Despite all the shortcomings listed above we have grown to like it. When we are onboard it’s our house, we wouldn’t rent yours:)

Hey. I just booked that room - 6143 for our Millie trip in March out of FLL.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey. I just booked that room - 6143 for our Millie trip in March out of FLL.

Thanks for the heads up.

If you find finger nails embedded in the woodwork near the cabin door they will be ours. They normally have to pry us out of that cabin at the end of the cruise. ;)

We try to keep it in good condition for you!

If you find finger nails embedded in the woodwork near the cabin door they will be ours. They normally have to pry us out of that cabin at the end of the cruise. ;)

We try to keep it in good condition for you!

Too funny. I guess they have a readily avaliable supply of panels to replace the scratched ones.

I'm getting psyched up as I hear the great reports on the rooms and the cabin attendents.

We had room 9201 off the back on time and that balcony was very nice.

This should top that one. Also the cabin attendent could be bribed to bring breakfast for the madam every am.

Just so she has to get up.

Thanks.

Can I assume that other than the extra foot or so that the 6143 and 6144 have over the 6135 and the 6136 that everything else will be the same in this top-10 list?

I think the foot larger cabin size may just be a rumor. The ship floor plans show 6144 & 6143 larger but they don’t show the crew access hallway that is just forward of these rooms. When we look to book we request all four of these rooms and if we can’t get one we will keep checking until we find one:confused: .

I think you have to worry about all those items on the top 10 just as much in 6135 & 6136.

I'm stuck in a crummy CC aft cabin! I thought we did well scoring the aft cabins...now I'm wondering...

Which is preferable, these ones, or the aft cabins?

Are only the balconies on these cabins made of teak? The others are metal?

Yuck!

From everything I've heard, you did well scoring the CC aft. We plan to scientifically compare the CC afts with 6143 and 6144 on our cruise--we have people in all of them. Will report back. If your cruise is before ours, would appreciate hearing your review too.

As for the balconies, I think the ones that aren't teak are some unidentified substance covered with some sort of indoor/outdoor carpeting.

I think the foot larger cabin size may just be a rumor. The ship floor plans show 6144 & 6143 larger but they don’t show the crew access hallway that is just forward of these rooms. When we look to book we request all four of these rooms and if we can’t get one we will keep checking until we find one:confused: .

I think you have to worry about all those items on the top 10 just as much in 6135 & 6136.

Thanks X! Let the worrying begin! :D

Can I assume that other than the extra foot or so that the 6143 and 6144 have over the 6135 and the 6136 that everything else will be the same in this top-10 list?

Yes. I am sorry to be the bearer of sad news, but this is so. What can't be helped must be endured. :D

We did the comparison on our last TA on Constellation....they ARE wider, just not as wide as the deck plans would indicate...we can walk by eachother at the end of the bed, which we couldn't do in a standard CC aft. The HC CC aft is wider though...

6143 has been our home on Constellation and Infinity, but last cruise, we had 6135...just as nice. We actually liked the more mid-ship location, but still nice and quiet. There is a door to the RS next door, but we never noticed any noise. The one thing is that we didn't have a sofa, just one lounge chair. :( So we asked the Ass't Cheif housekeeper....the one who's supposed to be tipped .$75 a day...if he could "do something." He said "What chairs do you want?" I said that I particulary liked the chairs in the Martini Bar....Presto, we had two, and, as the sofa wasn't big enough for two, really, this worked out really well for us...and, yes, the guy earned that tip...and some more!:)

Andrew

We did the comparison on our last TA on Constellation....they ARE wider, just not as wide as the deck plans would indicate...we can walk by eachother at the end of the bed, which we couldn't do in a standard CC aft. The HC CC aft is wider though...

6143 has been our home on Constellation and Infinity, but last cruise, we had 6135...just as nice. We actually liked the more mid-ship location, but still nice and quiet. There is a door to the RS next door, but we never noticed any noise. The one thing is that we didn't have a sofa, just one lounge chair. :( So we asked the Ass't Cheif housekeeper....the one who's supposed to be tipped .$75 a day...if he could "do something." He said "What chairs do you want?" I said that I particulary liked the chairs in the Martini Bar....Presto, we had two, and, as the sofa wasn't big enough for two, really, this worked out really well for us...and, yes, the guy earned that tip...and some more!:)

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I’ll take the foot wider out of the rumor mill now as you have had both rooms. I can confirm ample room to walk DW at end of bed and that means it may even be more than a foot.

Sound like you had a good Ass't Cheif housekeeper so service must have been much the same as further aft. Hope it was a big tip at the end because that’s above and beyond in my book – and what we have come to expect in the hood.:cool:

Joel

I just wish they had an aft elevator to get to the Sushi bar faster.

If you mean it would be better if the aft elevator doors opened and you could reach out a grab the Sushi without getting out, I agree - now you have 20 extra steps:o

If you mean it would be better if the aft elevator doors opened and you could reach out a grab the Sushi without getting out, I agree - now you have 20 extra steps:o

The problem being - When I cruise I do not use the Elevators.

Walk everywhere.

Room on 6 - Sushi on 10.

Grabbed 6144 for Alaska in Aug 2008. Unfortunately the other rooms are also gone. So... question for all you wise cruise folks.... If I want to put my folks in another CC room (and don't mind if they are close), where would you recommend as the 2nd choice? I read somewhere the CC rooms in the back of the boat have large terraces... but right next to the FV rooms.... issue?:confused:

Your input is greatly appreciated.

If I want to put my folks in another CC room (and don't mind if they are close), where would you recommend as the 2nd choice? I read somewhere the CC rooms in the back of the boat have large terraces... but right next to the FV rooms.... issue?:confused:

We had one of the aft CC cabins (8185) on the Constellation last year and they are very nice. The terraces are very long and a good portion is covered (see below).

You'll have to go up to up to the 7th, 8th, or 9th decks to get one of the aft CC cabins as the aft cabins on 6 are all suites.

Chris

141680673-M.jpg

• 2 months later...

OK - so I knew looking at the deck plan I wasn't crazy(ier?) - the cabin looked better than 7196 I was holding...I changed 2 weeks ago and I am so excited about it! 16th Anniversary on 04/12 - should be a great trip.....

Any of you who've stayed in 6143-44 mind that there is less privacy due to no cover from above as on other decks? Also, are 6135-36 uncovered as well? Thanks.

Mary Anne

WOW – This thread returned from the abyss. :eek:

Both these rooms have the same amount of coverage above as any standard CC stateroom. On all M-Class ships other then Millie the balcony is covered out to the railing.

As for the lack of full coverage on Millie I’ll tell you in a few weeks as I have had one of these rooms on all other M-Class ships.:)

Archived