Top 10 reason why not to book CC cabin 6143 or 6144 on M-Class ships

Xcruiser

Top 10 reason why not to book CC cabin 6143 or 6144 on M-Class ships:

#10. Balcony is way too big so you spend the entire cruise rearranging the table, chairs and loungers to try to take advantage of all that open space.

# 9. That area of the ships is way to quiet and peaceful, almost spooky quiet.

# 8. Almost no vibration or rocking of the ship in the aft so you don’t get the true feeling of being at sea.

# 7. When you look down from the balcony all you see is ocean and not the pretty bright orange tops of the life boats.

# 6. When you look up at night from the balcony you are blinded by those bright stars, no metal superstructure to provide cover.

# 5. Walking down the wide hall to your room near the Penthouse you’re surrounded by Royal Suites with all that marble and dark woods which reminds you that you have the cheapest house in the richest neighborhood. Who would want that!

# 4. The stateroom attendant constantly tries to outshine all the butlers in the area. As a result your breakfast arrives at your room hot at the time you specified, the last thing you would expect. No more fun playing when will it arrive and how cold will it be.

# 3. Stateroom attendant keeps leaving small portions of food with toothpicks stuck in them and wrapped in plastic every afternoon. Like you really need to eat more onboard and gain a few more pounds!

# 2. Someone keeps leaving an unopened bottle of Champagne in the ice bucket when you arrive so there is no place to put the bottle you smuggled onboard.

# 1. We have been unlucky enough to have this room on Infinity, Summit, Constellation and will be stuck with in again soon on Millennium. Despite all the shortcomings listed above we have grown to like it. When we are onboard it’s our house, we wouldn’t rent yours:)

My first reaction when I read the caption for this thread was "Oh, my goodness, what have I done. !! "

You see we have just booked this cabin, on the Summit , Transatlantic to Puerto Rico, and then around the Caribbean for Christmas.

After reading this warning I can see how difficult it is going to be . It will really hard, but someone has to do it.

Wow! Those cabins sure sound like the pits. Maybe if you eat enough waffles, you can "stomach" it. :rolleyes:

Didn't try the waffle trick but a couple of those wonderful Croissants with breakfast on the balcony worked for us :)

Joel & Colleen

I just made a tentative reservation for Sky Suite 6146 on Infinity. Do you think we'll have the same terrible problems?

You will just have to " keep a stiff upper lip " and " grin and bear it " as we Brits say. Count yourself lucky...we have to be in that cabin [ 6144 ]for over three weeks on a back to back. !! [ :D ]

OK! I have a few more.

#11 - The ugly teak deck

#12 - The horribly large room (extra foot wide) - you could get lost

#13 - You gain weight because you are so close to the aft elevators and all the food

(We are booked in 6143 on Millie to Alaska on 5-5-08)

You will just have to " keep a stiff upper lip " and " grin and bear it " as we Brits say. Count yourself lucky...we have to be in that cabin [ 6144 ]for over three weeks on a back to back. !! [ :D ]

Gee, know it will be a hardship!:eek: Sounds like you both are up to the challenge.;) :D

Enjoy you cruise!

Hi Zigster

We have 6144 on Connie on 11/16 and suppose we'll have to bear with it. I know it will be hard. Friends of ours had this cabin last year and it was just the best CC I'd seen. I don't usually spend much time on balcony but with such pretty ports to sail from I can see Robert & I sipping our contrabrand 2 bottles here during sailaways.

Ssh we need to keep this a secret or we'll never get these cabins again.

Hi Zigster

We have 6144 on Connie on 11/16 and suppose we'll have to bear with it. I know it will be hard. Friends of ours had this cabin last year and it was just the best CC I'd seen. I don't usually spend much time on balcony but with such pretty ports to sail from I can see Robert & I sipping our contrabrand 2 bottles here during sailaways.

Hi Zigster

Loved your critique! Clever too. But couldn't we keep this secret?

Meg

We have kept this top secret for almost 3 years but felt we needed to warn fellow passengers of the conditions in these cabins.:cool:

Joel & Colleen

OK! I have a few more.

#11 - The ugly teak deck

#12 - The horribly large room (extra foot wide) - you could get lost

#13 - You gain weight because you are so close to the aft elevators and all the food

(We are booked in 6143 on Millie to Alaska on 5-5-08)

Good point I forgot about those ugly teak decks on the balcony, they should have made the top 10. I counted and it takes 5 steps lifting your feet each time to go from the outside cabin door to the balcony railing.

I prefer the cold wet steel decks that allow you to slide out your cabin door to the balcony railing at a high rate of speed:D

We petty you, stuck in that cabin for 3 weeks straight. You Brits can handle it I'm sure. Enjoy the room :)

Bill and I are so excited about this cabin! We love having breakfast on the verandah (not to mention a few cocktails) and with the size of this it will be wonderful! Didn't realize that you were in 6144. Looking forward to a fabulous cruise!

Patty

Are only the balconies on these cabins made of teak? The others are metal?

Yuck!

It is my understanding, and writing only from memory of reading info. on Cruise Critic and not from personal knowledge, that only these particular Con. class cabins have the teak decks because they are between the Royal Suites and near the Penthouse Suites. They put special Teak floor in those suites, and also in the four CC cabins as well. It is my understanding that other CC decks have a stone like [ ?] material on them. If I am not correct I am sure someone will clear this up. :)

Archived