Just back from the Crown

arizonaperson

I will write a review on the review board soon.

We had a super easy time with boarding-very fast. Disembarkation was smooth as well. Heard many complaining though. REMEMBER the time they have on any paper work you receive is a MEETING time only not what time you will get off the ship. Loved the cruise, met some wonderful fellow passengers. had a few problems at passenger services, but we finally got it worked out. It was mostly about disembarkation Princess bus transfers.

Bucky 3- yes there were 5 service dogs and I got to interact with one of them twice, he was always out and about with his service owners friend, so he was off duty when I was petting him. We had the pleasure of having lunch with the same dog, owner, and friend 1 day. We did not get to get off in Bar Harbor as it was too foggy, I remember you saying you were going to be there around that same time on a road trip, did you see us through the fog?

Oh, I would have loved to interact with one/all of those dogs! Actually the road trip never took place either. Good thing it didn't as I ended up with a severe back problem (still) and would have been miserable! Anyway, now we're looking forward to the Diamond to Hawaii in December. Sorry you missed your Bar Harbor visit. We live in the SF Bay Area, so we are very familiar with FOG!! Hope your cruise was fun and will look forward to your review.

I was on the 9/22 sailing and watched your cruise all week on the cruise cam. Sorry you missed Bar Harbor, it was my favorite port on this trip. It looked like you had a lot of fog off and on all week long. :(

Yes, it was foggy on and off during the 9/30 Crown cruise, but not getting off in Bar Harbor was good for us as it was another sea day. I had not been to Bar Harbor, but now I can have an excuse to go back. Actually I was in the Harbor just not the town. I will post a review on the review board soon.

I enjoyed this cruise so much I think I'll do the repositioning cruise that goes down the west coast of the US. For some strange reason, Princess isn't doing the 7 night itinerary until 2009. Something to look forward to. :)

Hello. My daughter and I were also on the 9/22 voyage. On day 5, my camera was stolen and along with it, all of our vacation pictures. We are trying to accomplish a scrapbook in spite of having none of our own pics. We are asking for anyone who might have pics they are willing to share to please let us know. Any that you took in port or aboard ship of the different activities and also of the crewmembers would be awesome. This was our first cruise together and we are deeply saddened by our loss. Aside from that, we had a terrific time and hope that you did as well.

Thank you,

Laura

Sorry for your loss. Can you tell me how your camera was stolen. Is this something we need to be aware of on our cruise. Was it on the ship or in port? Please let us know. Thanks.

Hello. My daughter and I were also on the 9/22 voyage. On day 5, my camera was stolen and along with it, all of our vacation pictures. We are trying to accomplish a scrapbook in spite of having none of our own pics. We are asking for anyone who might have pics they are willing to share to please let us know. Any that you took in port or aboard ship of the different activities and also of the crewmembers would be awesome. This was our first cruise together and we are deeply saddened by our loss. Aside from that, we had a terrific time and hope that you did as well.

Thank you,

Laura

I would really not worry too much about theft onboard. We were careless and left our camera behind. I must say that when we checked with the pursers desk, which we did at least a dozen times, we found that lots of cameras were reported lost onboard and all but two of them were turned in by honest passengers. Most people onboard are very honest and would never think of keeping someone else's property, especially a camera and all those memories.

Either my daughter or myself had the camera last in the Wheelhouse Lounge where we sat to relax while waiting for the start time of one of the shows in the theatre. When we got to the theatre and realized the camera was missing, my daughter went back to look for it. However, by the time she got there it was gone. Like I said, we checked with Passenger Services right away because I really believe most passengers are honest and I was confident that our camera was safely waiting in Lost and Found.

Yes, we filled out all the paperwork onboard. And I would like to commend the crew at Passenger Services as well as the Wheelhouse Lounge. They handled our predicament very professionally. Every time we passed one of these crewmembers, they remembered us and each of them asked us each and every time we saw them whether or not our camera had been recovered. We are still in contact with Princess Lost & Found in California, just in case someone may still turn the camera in after having disembarked. We still have a glimmer of hope that someone may have picked it up by accident, and maybe just forgot to turn it in.

Archived