Voyager OTS - Solarium ?'s

Ryffian

We'll be on the Voyager of the Seas next spring to the Western Caribbean. My last cruise was on NCL Sun and it did not have a solarium, so I have a few questions.

Is it really adults only -- do they really enforce that rule?

Is it just an enclosed pool area with a glass roof or is there more to it than that?

Doesn't it just feel like a rainforest greenhouse in there? I can imagine it getting hotter than blazes in there in the Caribbean!

Is there a deck above situated so that people can just look down at you through the glass roof? That might feel kinda creepy.

I just feel like part of being in a pool is being outside, I don't want to feel like I'm at some old YMCA in the basement swimming pool!

Thanks!!

The solarium on Voyager is open air, there is no glass roof. Yes people will be able to look down into it from the deck above.

When I was on the Voyager they did enforce the adults only rules. If you see it being broken, look for people in the yellow deck patrol shirts to enforce them for you.

We'll be on the Voyager of the Seas next spring to the Western Caribbean. My last cruise was on NCL Sun and it did not have a solarium, so I have a few questions.

Is it really adults only -- do they really enforce that rule?

Reports vary, it was strictly enforced on my trip 5/06

Is it just an enclosed pool area with a glass roof or is there more to it than that?

The pool open to the sky if I remember right, but there are areas under cover from the sun and wind.

Doesn't it just feel like a rainforest greenhouse in there? I can imagine it getting hotter than blazes in there in the Caribbean!

It was a great place to be the last week of April/earl May for us.

Is there a deck above situated so that people can just look down at you through the glass roof? That might feel kinda creepy.

They could, but I didn't see it. But then again, who would want to look at me? :eek:

I just feel like part of being in a pool is being outside, I don't want to feel like I'm at some old YMCA in the basement swimming pool!

You will love it, she is a great ship. Feel free to check out my pictures.

Thanks!!

I added my thoughts inside yours in the quote above.

We had an oblivious father and child in the adult pool--when no one from the ship intervened, we passengers pointed out the sign to him--he did leave, but didn't look happy! Oh well! Too bad!

Most of the time, folks do abide by the rules.

Archived