Neptune lounge

jamscckmc

we have no intention of getting anyone in trouble. or behaving in a way that will upset anyone. i am feeling out boundaries with no intent for offense...thanks for all input. lauri

:) I know that I will be boiled in oil by all of the regular posters on this board, but.....From personal experience , Your father in law will be extended the same priority embarking and debarking privileges that you will receive as long as he accompanies you. When you board it is a good thing to go into the Neptune lounge and introduce yourself and your FIL to the concierge. We are gold medallion holders with every day spent on HAL in deluxe suites...On three occasions we have had our adult daughter along with us in a lesser category cabin and she has always been welcome to join us for embarkation etc.....On two occasions, once by the Hotel manager and once by the Captain she was invited to attend the "Suite luncheon" with us. This was not necessarily apparent to the other passengers as we only use the Neptune lounge for very brief periods. I think you will find that your FIL will be recognised as part of your family and since he is but one person he will be welcome....As I said, a different opinion, but it is mine and from my own experience after 544 days aboard in deluxe suites.....:D

If I compile a Neptune Lounge sticky, will someone pay for my cruise in a Deluxe Verandah Suite to help with the research?:D

Karin

How about I just crash the Neptune in a couple weeks and let you know...

;)

:) I know that I will be boiled in oil by all of the regular posters on this board, but.....From personal experience , Your father in law will be extended the same priority embarking and debarking privileges that you will receive as long as he accompanies you. When you board it is a good thing to go into the Neptune lounge and introduce yourself and your FIL to the concierge. We are gold medallion holders with every day spent on HAL in deluxe suites...On three occasions we have had our adult daughter along with us in a lesser category cabin and she has always been welcome to join us for embarkation etc.....On two occasions, once by the Hotel manager and once by the Captain she was invited to attend the "Suite luncheon" with us. This was not necessarily apparent to the other passengers as we only use the Neptune lounge for very brief periods. I think you will find that your FIL will be recognised as part of your family and since he is but one person he will be welcome....As I said, a different opinion, but it is mine and from my own experience after 544 days aboard in deluxe suites.....:D

Now where is my cauldron?:)

No doubt this is your personal experience. Perhaps having 544 days in a Deluxe Suite has something to do with the ongoing accommodation you experience.

If every Deluxe Suite passenger attempted and were granted the same accommodation, I think it carries the potential to diminish the perk that all Deluxe Suite Passengers pay for. Heck, they might even let me in the door.:D

-Hammybee

( who usually sails in the cheap seats and respects/defends the perks given to those who pay for them)

We concur with AWED23 about the neptune staff and crew going out of their way for cruisers with high numbers on HAL.

We have encountered this on many occasions and it is one of the perks for being lowal to the cruise line.

We have had personal tours of areas of the ships not normally available to the passangers.

Ruth & Jim

We have a 'big bunch' of days, all in "S" Suites or "PS" but we've never asked to bring anyone into Neptune with us who were not staying in an

'eligible' cabin. Just not something WE would choose to do. We know the lounges and the concierges are set up and geared to handling a set number of guests. We also know people (including us) have paid for that service and all other suite amenities which are included in the fare. That is simply the way we do things. Whatever anyone else does is their choice.

We have never done it either but they do tend to bend the rules for passangers that have high number of days.

Veendam actually made a look alike officers uniform for one passanger. Keith was his name (I think) he quit counting after 1000 days. Keith and his caretaker used to cruise 2 weeks out of the month. Have not seen him in year or so.....

Ruth & Jim

i am laughing....let me run grab the fire extinguisher in case of flammage. no, seriously, i was mostly curious, and my fil is quite reticent and shy. i guess i just wanted to take him with us wherever we went. and we can so many places, it really will be no big deal to miss cookies in the nl....:)

We have a 'big bunch' of days, all in "S" Suites or "PS" but we've never asked to bring anyone into Neptune with us who were not staying in an

'eligible' cabin. Just not something WE would choose to do. We know the lounges and the concierges are set up and geared to handling a set number of guests. We also know people (including us) have paid for that service and all other suite amenities which are included in the fare. That is simply the way we do things. Whatever anyone else does is their choice.

Just a simple question....If you in your suite brought along a single[one person] family member and paid for that family member to have their own cabin, would you not expect them to embark and debark with you???....Especially when you consider that if you had chosen to save money that family member could have stayed in your suite and then been granted FULL suite privileges...????.....Can you understand this point of view???....I have often seen suites occupied by 3 people and even 4 on occasion....I think I pay a sizeable premium to have my daughter in her own veranda cabin by herself and If I ask her to go to the Neptune to bring me a coffee and cookie I do not in any way feel I have overstepped the bounderies of good taste...And as for priority boarding etc., What would you do?....

We have never done it either but they do tend to bend the rules for passangers that have high number of days.

Veendam actually made a look alike officers uniform for one passanger. Keith was his name (I think) he quit counting after 1000 days. Keith and his caretaker used to cruise 2 weeks out of the month. Have not seen him in year or so.....

Ruth & Jim

We sailed with Keith and his companion!!! WHAT A GREAT GUY he is. We enjoyed him so much...... many a night in Ocean Bar. Not always easy to understand but a great attitude. On formal nights he wore his whites with SIX stripes on his shoulders! He was so proud of that uniform. Thanks for reminding me of a very happy memory. Nick Burger was Hotel Manager at the time and I have a great photo of Keith with Nick and DH and me and I treasure it.

:cool:

i am laughing....let me run grab the fire extinguisher in case of flammage. no, seriously, i was mostly curious, and my fil is quite reticent and shy. i guess i just wanted to take him with us wherever we went. and we can so many places, it really will be no big deal to miss cookies in the nl....:)

What I meant to convey was that your FIL will be welcomed with you. I guarantee that 99.9% of the people in the suites will not mind at all....He will probably will meet one or two who'll ask him to drinks or whatever without you and your husband....Any chance you were a Navy Nurse?...Have fun!!!:cool:

It is getting annoying that last posts on the page are not showing.

I posted a response to AWED and Nurseblissful and wanted to edit it before it 'timed out' but it doesn't appear.

This has been happening for a few days now.

Sorry..... I wanted to change a few things but am unable to do so. :(

Know that nick got married and is living in Seattle area.

Heard that he went back to sea on another cruise line...

Any idea where he went to or how to get in tough with him.

Last time we cruised together he had just got married and while in port picked up two pair of PINK RABBIT Slippers for him and his bride. Told him thought they were appropriate for newly weds. He married one of the dancers but she became an officer on the ship after that.

Ruth & Jim

I think I pay a sizeable premium to have my daughter in her own veranda cabin by herself and If I ask her to go to the Neptune to bring me a coffee and cookie I do not in any way feel I have overstepped the bounderies of good taste...And as for priority boarding etc., What would you do?....

You bring up a good point. I don't stay in HAL Suites and understand people pay at least double of a VA (Vista Class) to stay in these staterooms and the benefits that go along. This came up on a Celebrity board (no lounge for Suite Guests) but there were numerous who posted that they took the PH and put their teenage children across the hall and fully expected that their children could board and tender with them. There was no issue with either Celebrity or anyone responding. But again, this was the policy for minors. But it does bring up a good issue of someone who could be denied benefits because they aren't going to board in a priority line and send their daughter to another one (which apparently isn't always shorter).

There is no such thing as a garden variety nurse.

Ruth graduated in 1964 and I graduated when I was 47 years old.

She is disabled ER and Critical Care Nurse and I do Homecare.

The education that nurses in your field do makes it so much easier for us when these people get home and have a basic understanding of what to do.

Thank you for your work from a homecare nurse

Jim & Ruth

Just a simple question....If you in your suite brought along a single[one person] family member and paid for that family member to have their own cabin, would you not expect them to embark and debark with you???....Especially when you consider that if you had chosen to save money that family member could have stayed in your suite and then been granted FULL suite privileges...????.....Can you understand this point of view???....I have often seen suites occupied by 3 people and even 4 on occasion....I think I pay a sizeable premium to have my daughter in her own veranda cabin by herself and If I ask her to go to the Neptune to bring me a coffee and cookie I do not in any way feel I have overstepped the bounderies of good taste...And as for priority boarding etc., What would you do?....

To answer your last question, I would have each person embark using the appropriate queue and then meet in the Lido or in another agreed-upon spot (your cabin?). You'll be on the same ship in a matter of minutes for at least a week. Why not follow the rules? :confused:

(Semi-related aside: This reminds me of people who HAVE to sit next to each other on an airplane, particularly on a short flight, even though their seats are not assigned together. Goodness, it's a plane ride. You're on the same plane and you'll see each other in an hour!!)

This reminds me of people who HAVE to sit next to each other on an airplane, particularly on a short flight, even though their seats are not assigned together. Goodness, it's a plane ride. You're on the same plane and you'll see each other in an hour!!)

You're saying you want to take care of my 2 year old for an hour on a plane? Wow! Thanks!!

I hope you'll also help take her to the Lido deck for me when she's done boarding....

Okay, I assume you're referring to adults. But airplanes have NOT always made arrangements for parents to sit next to their toddlers and it has been a real problem on a handful of occasions that make the news. Never came up for me since I don't fly airlines that won't let me pick seats in advance.

Shame on the Officious Officer for reprimanding the concierge in greeting a repeat guest, regardless of your class of travel on that particular voyage.

I'm with Brian on this one. On these facts, the officer erred, not the concierge.

Brian and Barrel-Proof:

Some people take themselves and their position WAY too seriously, and this Officious Officer is one of them. This poor concierge was pregnant and leaving soon to go home to have her baby. It was just a ridiculous situation all the way around, and the Officious Officer should have just kept her mouth shut.

I did get an e-mail from the Phillipines a few months later, though:

BABY%20SHAUN.jpg

Mary

(Semi-related aside: This reminds me of people who HAVE to sit next to each other on an airplane, particularly on a short flight, even though their seats are not assigned together. Goodness, it's a plane ride. You're on the same plane and you'll see each other in an hour!!)

Perhaps a bit off topic, but just experienced this on a flight this past weekend. At least 5 people in the wrong seats, just in the half dozen rows near us.. Is it THAT hard to figure out where you belong? And these were adults. And then the one couple says to the lady who shows up to find the wife sitting in her aisle seat "do you mind sitting by the window?" Thankfully she said yes she did, she had specifically reserved an aisle and would appreciate it if they would slide over.

We truly are raising a nation of morons.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but just experienced this on a flight this past weekend. And then the one couple says to the lady who shows up to find the wife sitting in her aisle seat "do you mind sitting by the window?" Thankfully she said yes she did, she had specifically reserved an aisle and would appreciate it if they would slide over.

We truly are raising a nation of morons.

No kidding!! I book my seats specifically and get more than peeved when people say, "Do you mind?"... "Well of course I do!" I did my homework, don't ask me to switch! Off my rant now...

Archived