South America 2008 Pre/Post and Cruise Questions

GrannyLorr

All paper work in order see you all on the 23rd. Judy and I are very excited. This will make our last part of the journey around South America.

The packing start tonight. There is nothing like seeing the stars off of South America. Last year they turned off the lights on the top deck what a sight, we saw sat-alights pass us by very exciting. see you all on board the 23rd

I bought the coach fares and upgraded with points to business class. Worked out just great for us. Are you part of a pre package at a hotel then transfer to the ship. We are not, we always were able to pay for the bus ride, but I hear they are getting tough in that regard. Never had a problem before.

I bought the coach fares and upgraded with points to business class. Worked out just great for us. Are you part of a pre package at a hotel then transfer to the ship. We are not, we always were able to pay for the bus ride, but I hear they are getting tough in that regard. Never had a problem before.

I am not part of the Seabourn package. I do have a car reserved via the hotel concierge to take me to the ship. Apparently it's about $44.00. We'll see.

I am arriving 1/21 in Santiago to stay at the San Cristobal Towers at the Sheraton. I figure a day should be enough to see the city. I am also taking the optional tour in Buenos Aires instead of going around the Cape. I figure that I can get the flavor of the area in that time. Although I know I will be missing 5 days of Trivia!

FWIW, just got a call from Seabourn, via my TA. Seems as if I am the only cruiser who has opted for the overland excursion to Buenos Aires and a ranch on the pampas. They were kind enough to check to be sure I would be ok by myself. I am really looking forward to this; have lists of restaurants and galleries to explore. I figure I will have a better sense of a SA city if I am there for a few days.

But I will miss Trivia.

• 1 month later...

BurlingameCA

On the cruise I met your friend Marsha. We discussed getting together when I am in SF this summer. However, I neglected to get her contact iinformation and I'm not sure I gave her mine. Have you any idea how we can get in touch?

Please also tell her that, upon her advice, I ordered the coat I was trying on. It turned out beautifully. I'd recommend Silvia and Mario to any one travelling to Buenos Aires. AA

BurlingameCA

On the cruise I met your friend Marsha. We discussed getting together when I am in SF this summer. However, I neglected to get her contact iinformation and I'm not sure I gave her mine. Have you any idea how we can get in touch?

Please also tell her that, upon her advice, I ordered the coat I was trying on. It turned out beautifully. I'd recommend Silvia and Mario to any one travelling to Buenos Aires. AA

Archived