Complaint of the Week #22

Philip217

MichellP As someone who also has to avoid stairs when possible, my reply to Philip would have been "oh, sorry, I can't do stairs -- where's the nearest elevator?" For someone to stand there and COUNT the stairs (leading to the question -- if there had been 21 would he then have been happy?) is just bizarre. I suspect that's probably as much the reason this one made it to the Complaint of the Week file as anything.

As for then heading to the ice cream shop -- I don't know of any cruiseline that has restroom facilities in the small eateries (or the large ones, for that matter), so maybe he just decided his need for a WC wasn't all THAT urgent? :)

I agree who counts the stairs? If you can't climb stairs it doesn't matter how many are there... Normal people ask for a elevator if they can't do that...

Isn't it strange how people just assume things and mis-interpret postings??

When I invited everyone to guess the size of this incredibly rude complainer, I never thought that anyone would think him obese.

He was actually quite young and quite fit. That was the surprising part. I saw him playing basketball a few hours after he refused to walk 22 steps to the toilet.

When I invited everyone to guess the size of this incredibly rude complainer, I never thought that anyone would think him obese.

He was actually quite young and quite fit. That was the surprising part. I saw him playing basketball a few hours after he refused to walk 22 steps to the toilet.

What!! No follow-up post in nearly a week. It looks like everyone sure got quite all of a sudden.

So what is really great is that the people who accused you of being insensitive to an obese person are really the ones who are judgemental.

Archived