Two people, two credit cards?

Tomct

A CC'er on another thread asked if she and her companion could have separate credit cards for their onboard expenses. My first thought was that may be tricky, but there are certainly many situations where it would be necessary for two people in the same room to need separate cards.

Any experience in this area?

Of course, each person's charges can be linked to their own credit card! It's not a problem on any ship!

Married folks generally share an account, since their credit cards are their's together. But 2 unrelated and financially independant people can and should have separate accounts--makes life easier!

Have done this twice with no problems, on 2 different cruise lines. For instance, if your cabin # is 280, one of you is 280-1 and the other passenger is 280-2.

Roz

A CC'er on another thread asked if she and her companion could have separate credit cards for their onboard expenses. My first thought was that may be tricky, but there are certainly many situations where it would be necessary for two people in the same room to need separate cards.

Any experience in this area?

You can sign up ahead online and have 2 separate cards for people in the same room-you also do this before boarding ship. Often friends wh are not related, cruise together and share a stateroom-so this is no problem at all.

I'm so glad I found this thread! My boyfriend and I were just wondering this. Although we live together we don't generally mix finances just yet and we have different spending habits so I would hate for us to be on one card...he'd probably be calculating all my purchases in his head and having a heart attack each time my card came out...lol.

I'm so glad I found this thread! My boyfriend and I were just wondering this. Although we live together we don't generally mix finances just yet and we have different spending habits so I would hate for us to be on one card...he'd probably be calculating all my purchases in his head and having a heart attack each time my card came out...lol.

Archived