Remember That Great Lotion?

jazncruiser

:rolleyes: I was thinkining about the little things that made our first cruise special way back in time. One of the best things was the lotion HAL had in the cabins. They have changed it to a "bulk" lotion that comes out of a 55 gal drum.:( I know this has been talked about in the past and probably beat to death, but I miss that stuff! Maybe if we all protest and go on a "cruise hunger strike" HAL would bring it back. Just a idea:D

:rolleyes: I was thinkining about the little things that made our first cruise special way back in time. One of the best things was the lotion HAL had in the cabins. They have changed it to a "bulk" lotion that comes out of a 55 gal drum.:( I know this has been talked about in the past and probably beat to death, but I miss that stuff! Maybe if we all protest and go on a "cruise hunger strike" HAL would bring it back. Just a idea:D

I'm confused - you mean the old Royal Dutch lotion?

I didn't think that was available at all - it was discontinued in favor of the Elemis products.

And HAL has never used dispensers for soaps, shampoos and lotions in their cabins like some other cruiselines - They provide nice little individual bottles.

Maybe the OP means that wonderul ginger lotion in the little pink bottles. I did like the way that smelled. But the Elemis is a better product.

Ginger Lotion? Pink Bottles?

That's been a looooong time ago...

I still like the Royal Dutch lotion - there is a house brand of lotion by Shoppers Drug Mart that has a similar scent, and every time I put it on I'm reminded of being back onboard a HAL ship. I sure wish the Royal Dutch lotion was still available.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I'm a big fan of the both the Royal Dutch and Elemis products - Asamara Cruises provides Elemis shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer in sizes that are about 3 times the size of those on Holland America. Although no shower gel. :( I remember a great smelling soap used by Holland America in the 80's. All it said on the box was 'French Milled Soap' with the Holland America logo. I've only found one hotel offer a similar smelling soap since those times.

Happy Sailing Everyone! :)

Last cruise there were 3 - 55 gallon drums in our bathroom shower area. Shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion.

We were unable to take a shower the entire cruise. In addition, when I attempted to get a handful of body lotion to give my Dear Wife a massage, I sprained my back.

I have contacted our attorney to request a rebate or compensation for mental pain and discomfort.

The ginseng body lotion in the little blue-capped bottle, with the bordered picture of a liner sailing thru the turquoise blue sea creating a shallow wake around the ship??? I still have one ancient bottle, half-full, slightly yellowed, tucked away for posterity. Yes, the scent is still pleasantly reminiscient of long-ago on HAL!

The new Elemis products are nice too, but I miss the originals!

Weren't the chocolates bigger way back then too?

Archived