Give Up a "Hump" Room?

We have just booked a "hump" balcony staterooom[Deluxe Balcony] to find if we had payed $80 dollars more we could have gotten a Superior Balcony Stateroom[30 more sq ft]..... should we give up the "hump" room and upgrade to the Superior Balcony Stateroom......

PLEASE HELP!!!

We have just booked a "hump" balcony staterooom[Deluxe Balcony] to find if we had payed $80 dollars more we could have gotten a Superior Balcony Stateroom[30 more sq ft]..... should we give up the "hump" room and upgrade to the Superior Balcony Stateroom......

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have the same question with a 'hump' to an aft balcony.

How far from the hump is the larger room? That would be the decision! I'll take a larger room ANYDAY!!

As far as moving from the hump to an aft--what are your priorities? Convenience or a larger balcony? I find that a regular balcony is more than enough for 2 people--I'm not hosting a ball on the balcony!

In that case, I'd take the hump over the looooong walk to the aft!

I have the same question with a 'hump' to an aft balcony.

I would never give up a hump for an aft. Although many people love afts, we did not like it back there for a variety of reasons (on Voyager/Freedom ships, the suprastructure of the ship blocks the view with crisscrosses of beams. there is very little breeze coming across the back of the ship - it's like a vacuum effect - so it can get brutally hot back there, esp in the Caribbean during the summer. Etc). I prefer a more central location for easier access to the public areas.

PLEASE HELP!!!

What ship/cabin numbers? is that $80 total, or per person?

Without knowing the specifics, I'd still lean towards the larger cabin.

The two cabins are.... 7642 & 7644.

I'm not sure what to do still... we want convinence, yet a good view.:confused: [larger room of course is what we are deciding on]

and its $80 TOTAL.. difference.

Is this on Liberty?

Those cabins are right next to each other, both are on the hump, and both are in the same category.

I don't really understand your question - one is not 30 sq ft bigger than the other.

Those are our two cabins.. that we reserved.

Well, those are AWESOME cabins!

What are the cabins you are considering changing to?

Even though 30 sq ft seems like a lot, there really isn't that much difference between an E cabin and a D cabin, esp for two people.

I would go for the extra room also. We have a Superior Inside J (172 sq.ft.) on our upcoming Legend cruise which I picked over an OV (158 sq.ft) cabin. In our case the decision was made easier by the fact the J inside was $300 cheaper and on a better deck than the OV offered.

From the deck plans, all those cabins are cabins for 2 so with only 2 in each cabin, I would keep the hump cabins. The D2 cabins are right by the forward elevators so they are convenient too. If you have anyone in your group that is prove to seasickness, I would stay with the hump cabins since they are more midship. Now, if you could have gone aft, I would have given up the hump in a heartbeat as I did for my next cruise. The one beam on the balcony is really not a big deal.

From the deck plans, all those cabins are cabins for 2 so with only 2 in each cabin, I would keep the hump cabins. The D2 cabins are right by the forward elevators so they are convenient too. If you have anyone in your group that is prove to seasickness, I would stay with the hump cabins since they are more midship.

These are my thoughts exactly. The cabins you have are in one of the prime areas of the ship. Two people in a cabin aren't going to notice the 30 sq ft difference. Put the $80 towards a nice excursion, dinner in the specialty restaurant, or towards your next cruise.

:rolleyes: what exactly is a "hump" cabin?

Look on the floor plans for the Radiance or Voyager class for example and you will see the area in the middle of the ship that bumps or humps out. It is more pronounced on the Radiance Class ships.

Archived