How do you find out how full your ship is?

MindyLee

I guess if I got curious I could call the cruis eline, but really...no matter how full the ship is or not I am still going to be there so it really doesnt make much differene to me

I think what you need to know is how many "groups" will be on the ship. I sail with a local radio station every year and this January (2008) we are going on the Voyager of the Seas. If rumors are correct our goup has 1,000 people that signed up. Which means we will be taking over the ship. Just call us the Cajun Invasion!

How many cabins are unsold is proprietary information. No one knows, with certainty, how full or not a cruise is, other than the cruise line. It would be like showing your hand in poker.

Many online booking engines create the perception that the cabins they show are the only unsold cabins. This is not the case.

Bruce Muzz, a long time cruise line employee, is, of course, right. Almost every sail goes out full.

Go to an online booking agent- use the cruiselines booking site to see.

Make believe you are booking a cruise for your week on your ship.

Put in 2 passengers then try for 3 then try for 4 passengers. (You get different cabin # that are available for each set of numbers.)

You also want to check oceanviews/ inside and balconies.

When you get to the cabin selection if you see 7-9 available cabins the cruise has some availability- if you see less then 7 then its almost sold out.

Most weeks will sail at almost full 98%. The closer it gets to sailing if a lot of cabins are available these cabins are given to locals for very cheap prices to get the ship full.

PS- you should be doing it this way to check on your price of your cruise- if the price comes down any you want to be on top of that so you can inquire about getting a refund.

Archived