New To Suites

tankerman

Hello all. I just joined up with cruise critic. I'm sailing Westerdam 12/16/07 and this is my first time in a suite (SB) and was wondering if I might get some insider tips on perks other than what the brochure tells. Thank you very much.

My Dear Aunt Ruth loves those suites!

Check out our trip report and pics at

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/zsuite.html

The Neptune Lounge is a big perk. The concierges are extremely helpful doing anything you want. The hot and cold hors d'oeuvres are a favorite of ours, too.

Don't forget priority tender passes, and free laundry!

When you check into the suite you will get a folder telling you all about all the special perks.

Have a GREAT cruise!

MercedMike,

Thanks for the wonderful photos and captions detailing your experiences with the Suite categories. My husband and I are sailing on the Westerdam in December and booked an SY guarantee. Here's hoping the upgrade fairy let's us experience an SC suite!

Kathy

If you want to have a party in suite first tray is free and only minimal cost for others. Traveled with a group and about 8 had suites and we have hot and cold hour derves coming out of our ears by the end of the trip.

Arrange one night to have dinner served out on the balcony. Awesome experience...

Ruth & Jim

You can have breakfast in the PG. This was a highlight for our family this summer in Alaska. A nice quiet breakfast is something that we do not get to enjoy at home. Enjoy!

We agree. The Pinnacle Grill Breakfasts are not emphasized much, but they're a great treat. When we were in a suite on the Noordam, we ate breakfast there every day that we were up a bit late. The only times we ate at the buffet were when we were hungry before the Pg (which has the same hours as the dining room) was open.

The Neptune lounge is also a great perk. Not just for the snacks and the quiet atmosphere; but because of what the concierges do for you. They got us into a "closed" excursion at the last minute, helped with financial details, and made us feel special.

Laundry was free, and it came back in a basked, gift wrapped in tissue paper with a gold ribbon. Again, it really made us fee special.

Not included with suites, but very much a part of the feeling of luxury, was getting a full cruise pass for two at the thermal suite. Well worth the extra money.

You can have breakfast in the PG. This was a highlight for our family this summer in Alaska. A nice quiet breakfast is something that we do not get to enjoy at home. Enjoy!

We agree. The Pinnacle Grill Breakfasts are not emphasized much, but they're a great treat. When we were in a suite on the Noordam, we ate breakfast there every day that we were up a bit late. The only times we ate at the buffet were when we were hungry before the Pg (which has the same hours as the dining room) was open.

The Neptune lounge is also a great perk. Not just for the snacks and the quiet atmosphere; but because of what the concierges do for you. They got us into a "closed" excursion at the last minute, helped with financial details, and made us feel special.

Laundry was free, and it came back in a basked, gift wrapped in tissue paper with a gold ribbon. Again, it really made us fee special.

Not included with suites, but very much a part of the feeling of luxury, was getting a full cruise pass for two at the thermal suite. Well worth the extra money.

Hi Tankerman:

Once you have the suite (sweet) experience - you will have a very hard time going back - it's wonnnnderful!

Hi Ruth and Jim:

Do you have to make special arrangements for dinner on the balcony? What do they do - special set-up? Is there an extra cost? Can you please elaborate - sounds like fun!

Since the suites receive the dining room menus at the door in the morning- am I to understand we can order off that menu (instead of the regular room service menu)? Last time we had the Deluxe Suite - I heard about being able to do this - is this information correct?

Thank you in advance for your kind reponse.

Kim

Everyone (including people in suites) can order from the dining room menu for dinner in cabin. You must place your order when the dining opens for the earliest dinner seating but can have it delivered whatever time you want. The concierge will place your order for you if you wish or you can call Room Service yourself. The menus are almost always put in Suite mailboxes early in the morning.

Archived