????bahamas

kjaa0913

I would suggest Atlantis. I stayed there with my parents about 12 years ago before some of the towers and other areas were added on. I remember it was really neat back then so I can only imagine what it looks like now

We are cruising on Majesty next September to Nassau and I told my boyfriend that is where I want to go! Buccaneergirl is right, everyone should see it once.

!st time, we wandered the town, then that evening, went to Atlantis, walked through the public areas, and gambled. 2nd time, stayed on the ship--it was ours alone (or close to it!) Nassau isn't our favorite port, so staying onboard and making use of the ship (that we've paid to use) makes sense!

GET BACK ON.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Only thing we've done there was the Segway Tour and we stopped at Atlantis to do a look around. Beautiful place.

If you've never done the Segway it's alot of fun. They are the two wheeled transporters you see in airports, disneyworld, etc.. We did an excursion from the ship at around $60pp.. It's a short van ride from the pier. After a short lesson you're up and running on the Segway. They are amazing pieces of technology. Almost makes you want to buy one when you get back home. The tour takes around 2 hours.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jimmers

If you like the ocean, book a snorkel excursion through Stuarts Cove. You ride their bus across the island, so you get to see more than just downtown. There are three stops the boat makes for snorkeling. The last stop you snorkel with the sharks, which was the highlight of our trip! Don't forget to bring an underwater camera though!!

Where is this and how do I sign up???? I've always wanted to do this. Where is Stuarts Cove? How do I get there? Do you have a website I can look at? Thanks so much in advance!

If you like the ocean, book a snorkel excursion through Stuarts Cove. You ride their bus across the island, so you get to see more than just downtown. There are three stops the boat makes for snorkeling. The last stop you snorkel with the sharks, which was the highlight of our trip! Don't forget to bring an underwater camera though!!

Where is this and how do I sign up???? I've always wanted to do this. Where is Stuarts Cove? How do I get there? Do you have a website I can look at? Thanks so much in advance!

Skip Atlantis.. you can see that stuff in the states for $100's less.

Head to stuart coves' www.stuartcove.com

They pick up at the dock if your timing is right.

• 2 weeks later...
whtat is the best thing to do in the bahamas when you get of the ship

That's just a little vague. Of course, "best" is going to vary wildly from person to person. And it all depends on what you like to do!

I'm not the least bit interested in seeing Atlantis.

Also not the least bit interested in hanging out at a "chain" restaurant/bar to eat/drink all day, but that's me!

There's plenty of shopping, but don't expect that you're really going to get any bargains on nice jewelry or anything else.

This time, we're going to do a walking tour. I've decided it's time to stop spending so much money on excursions (we've done a stingray excursion on each of the past 4) and maybe see some of the islands this time.

Just depends on how into "tourist" type things you want to be.

• 5 months later...

Scubagirrl how do you get to stuarts cove? We're sailing April 10th and still wondering what to do. Went to the internet site, looks interesting. I was considering Atlantis, but doesn't seem we would get much for our money.

Skip Atlantis.. you can see that stuff in the states for $100's less.

Head to stuart coves' www.stuartcove.com

They pick up at the dock if your timing is right.

scubagirrl how do we get to stuartcove from ship.:confused: I seen the web page and it looks like a good time. DH and I will be sailing soon on 4/10 and still planning what to do.

We are just back from Nassau.....we were there from around 8 AM till midnight. First off, we booked a snorkel trip inside the terminal with Bahama Adventures(I think was the name). It was $40 for snorkeling, $20 for just the boat ride, and they also had a kayak tour. We met back in the terminal at 1:30, and did the boat ride. My cousin snorkeled, but wasn't very impressed with the site. We also rode on the horse and buggy tour of the city. We bought some "fake" Coach purses at the straw market.($10-$40). Aftre snorkel trip, we went back to the ship, showered, and dressed for Atlantis. We took a limo there for $5 pp. We walked all over the hotel, the dig, and the grounds. We rode a shuttle van back for $4 pp. If you are on Majesty, the island night buffet is that night after a formal dinner in the dining room.

Archived