What to do in L.A waiting for plane

mthaydu

After our cruise on Sunday, we don't leave until 6 p.m. What things can my DW and I do to kill some time. Is it worth renting a car for a few hours or take bus transit to go into town. Any suggestions would be great

My first thought was Los Angeles..... if so, why rent a car when you can sit in the airport and people watch!!!!!! If you do decide to rent a car, remember LAX is a more than a little way away from any of the touristy places like Hollywood, etc.

If you mean Louisana, then I couldn't tell you as I have never been there! That is soon to change when I arrive for my 9/19 Conquest!!!! But even then I'm sure I'd just sit and people watch!

Isn't in Los Angles, it closer to the beach citys,

There will be lots of traffic on a Sunday.

What about a sightseeing tour from the ship,

carry your luggage with you on the bus.

Won't have to lug it around. They

drop you off at the airport.

After our cruise on Sunday, we don't leave until 6 p.m. What things can my DW and I do to kill some time. Is it worth renting a car for a few hours or take bus transit to go into town. Any suggestions would be great

If there are earlier flights and they have seats you can ask before you check your luggage. Sometimes you can get an earlier flight home. I am also booked on a 6pm flight because it was cheaper at the time of booking. I have been checking and I know there are earlier flights w/seats still available.When I get to the airport I will ask to be put on the earlier flight.

We took later flights--not as long as yours though- We ate breakfast. Took a self guided tour of the ship-- cabins are now open for viewing so we were able to see the different category cabins. We also looked for places to stowaway where they couldnt findus til next week. We were one of the first onboard the week before and one of the last to leave. Hardly have trouble finding our luggage coz most of the passengers are now gone and took their luggage with them. I know this doesnt make up all the time until your flight.

I live about 25 miles outside of downtown L.A. and I work right in the middle of downtown L.A.

I would not recommend using our transit system for sightseeing purposes. :eek: If you rent a car, I would recommend having specific areas that you want to visit- the beach, Hollywood- stars on Hollywood Blvd, etc. But even with a 6 PM flight, you will not have lots of time. You might just spend your time getting acclimated to our freeways and traffic just in time to leave for the airport. :D It might be best to take a scenic tour sponsored by Carnival. This way you would be able to see some of the area and still make it to the airport in plenty of time.

My daughter lives in L.A., and I've TRIED driving on the freeway....forget it! You'll spend that time completely stressed out and still not seeing anything.:eek:

My suggestion would be to take a Carnival-sponsored tour of the L.A. area that will drop you off at LAX, where you're likely to see some celebs. That way, you'll be riding around in comfort, seeing all the great sights that you've always heard of. I LOVE L.A., but now leave all the driving to my daughter!

Archived