Oh,no! No king beds!

poss

I've gotten terrifically interested in a PG cruise. Though the cruise would not be until '09.

I thought that the PG will no longer be part of Regent in 2009. Has this changed?

Wow! King bed in category B. Now there's something to think about. All I need to do is figure out how to manage the extra big bucks--AND do away with butler service. (I simply cannot imagine under any circumstances being comfortable with a butler. Butlers R not us.)

Interesting, too, that Regent insisted that there was queen (and twin) only. Leave it to a TA to know the accurate details. (though Ngaire is obviously not just any TA).

(I just can't imagine sleeping separately, by the way. Simply not worth it, no matter how paradise-like the experience might be. Would rather be together in a Motel 6-- or home-- than apart anywhere else. Those falling asleep and waking up times are just too precious.)

Thanks once again!

I am pretty confident it is not a King in a Cat B as well. On the website it also shows the bed as two twins pushed together.

In fact, I am not sure that it is one in the Grand Suite, though I did not measure it when I was in there. It just didn't seem larger than in the other cabins.

This whole discussion is ridiculous! I'm 6'4 and my wife is 6', we have a California King at home. I am a wiggle-worm insomniac and my wife snores - loudly. Between being worn out by the day's excursions and drinking way too much of the complementy, very good wine with dinner, not to mention the motiion of the ship and the sounds of the waves, even the most restless insomniacs will get all the sleep they need on whatever bed they find themselves on on a Regent ship!

I love having 2 separate beds pushed together to form one, we should do this here at home. With just one mattress my husband jiggles the bed everytime he rolls over or gets up during the night. Grrrrrrr.

I think everyone who has read this thread agrees YOU SHOULD GO ON THE CRUISE and not pay so much attention to the bed size. As many people who cruise on the PG each year, it must not be a bad set up or we would have all heard about it.

(I just can't imagine sleeping separately, by the way. Simply not worth it, no matter how paradise-like the experience might be. Would rather be together in a Motel 6-- or home-- than apart anywhere else. Those falling asleep and waking up times are just too precious.)

Thanks once again!

How long have you been married? :eek:

I personally think that the time spent exploring new parts of the world and being on a cruise together would be more precious than the falling asleep and wake up in the same bed. After all, we do that every day before and after work! :rolleyes:

Unless they changed the beds last time I was on the ship I was in a B cabin and it was a King for sure. Definitely larger than the C cabins. It has been some time since I was on the PG so that it is possible they changed to queens. I have all my notes still in my files. I will double check for you but they do not specifically state everything on their web.

Good thing Ngaire monitors this board. I would have sworn the cat B bed we were in back in 2001 was a queen just like the cat c cabins.

Just to muck up the subject some, insomnia, I have been told is primarily psychological and not a matter of being tired. So even after a day of scuba in the morning and waverunning in the afternoon, too much wine for dinner I would wake up in the middle of the night and sit a while on the balcony.

I really didn't mind it so much in FP.

I don't doubt Ngaire's information is what she has been told, but I remain skeptical as I don't think there are different sized twin mattresses in the Cat Bs from the rest of the ship.

As this whole thread has been about measuring inches, and stressing it is extremely important to Poss, I really don't have a high level of confidence that "king" actually means the king bed that Poss is requiring.

It is not flip and yes I am a TA (hence my disclosure in my signature). This thread has been about inches and what kind of measurement equates to what kind of king bed. Besides missing my disclosure you must have also missed the :D.

Oh, by the way, welcome to posting here. Generally we try not to just jump in and insult one another. :eek:

Archived