3 Night NAV 12/14-17

atlgacruisers

Hi atlgacruisers,

We'll be on with you! My husband and I (mid to late forties), are taking our first getaway without our kids. The 3-day sounded like a great first trip, but I think we may book a week next year. :D

• 3 weeks later...

HI,

We too are going on this short cruise as our first attempt to check out cruises! Right now, for us, 3 days is the perfect amount of time, as getting babysitters for our kids is close to impossible! I am excited and just glad there are others booked because I had heard they have cancelled these cruises in the past for lack of attendance. Just have to do my research on motion sickness drugs and we will be all set!

See you in about 5 weeks!

SSWV, kudos on your first cruise..The Navigator rides well, but in the event of bad weather u may need some bonine (generic=Meclizine)..U can purchase

at your local drug store (pack of six pills about $6) or buy it online, bottle

of 100 for $7.25 plus shipping..see link below...see u on board.

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=13982&aid=336064&aparam=meclizine

MPB43 and SSWV we are also on the 3 nighter. We were on the Navigator this Summer for 2 weeks in Europe and I can tell you that if you have never been you are in for a treat!

We are in our early 40's (celebrated my 40th on the Navigator) and it certainly has us spoiled. No complaints at all.

Let's keep in touch..Only 5 weeks from today!

atlgacruisers,

We can't wait! I've been reading cruise critic quite a bit over the last year, and Regent just seemed like a good fit.

We were also in the Med over the summer on our first cruise. However, we were "tag-alongs" on a megaship for an extended family get-togheter. Our group ranged in age from 3 years to 72 years.

Despite the fact that we weren't huge fans of the large ship experience, we discovered that we loved being at sea.

We're really excited to try a smaller, all-inclusive line.

I'm also on this cruise (solo traveler). I've been on the Navigator once before--back in 2004--and am looking forward to a return trip.

Atlgacruisers, I'm guessing from your handle that you live in Atlanta. I lived there for about 10 years, having moved away in 1999. I still find myself homesick for my old haunts every so often.

I am on this shortie. I am hoping a friend comes, but I have already paid the single supplement, as there were 7 cabins left when I booked a couple of weeks ago.

I'm hoping they give us a great sampling of what all the ship offers. I am really looking forward to it.

My wife and I (both 37) will be on this cruise. First time without the kids in ages. She's never been on a Regent ship, while this will be my second time. (I spent 10 days on Mariner last year with my father.)

We've got a couple of friends coming with us, one who's a cruise vet but never sailed Regent before, and one who has never been on a cruise. I'm hoping we get the typical Regent level of service (even on a short cruise) so they're impressed. :)

I'm glad to see indicators there will be a slightly younger crowd than the last time I was on Regent, when it seemed there were about 10 people younger than 60 on the whole ship. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to some warm weather and waking up when I want to - not when the kids want to!

We sailed the Nav a few years ago (8 day) and I'm wondering if we will still get the bottle bar setup in our room since this is a short cruise. :D

However, with the new "all inclusive" alcohol policy, it is kind of irrelevant. We ended up giving our bar set up away at the end of the cruise as we didnt need it after all of the drinks we ended up having. (And we are semi drinkers)

looking forward to it!

14 days and counting!

I think in general, for standard staterooms, you don't get the in-room bar setup any more, unless you ask for it. We're not going to bother week after next for our Voyager jaunt--but I will make sure we have a supply of beer and wine, in case the flow of alcohol out in the lounges leave us parched! :p

On the recent crossing my usual request was in the cabin on embarkation, but not replenished for the second leg. However, when I requested another bottle of vodka on the second leg it was provided without question. I ended up bringing the wine home with me. Some other passengers were not provided a setup and didn't even know it was available. No request form was in my room (or newspaper request form or comjplimentary pressing form either). Another man complained loudly that he had requested and received a botle of hard liquor and a bottle of wine, but that later in the same segment he requested a bottle of scotch and was refused. He was irate. I thought it was silly since he was only a day or two away from the end of the segment and could have obtained it then, but he used it as an example of the inferiority of Regent over Silver Seas. Frankly, I didn't know or care what their policy was.

So I think the 2-bottle setup is still available on request. But unless you are a repeat, you have to know to ask for it.

JoAnne B

Houston

Less than two weeks to go, and I'm really looking forward to this trip. We just took the kids on a Disney cruise and while they enjoyed it, I really was disappointed with the food. Looking forward to some Regent quality service and food, if only for a short trip.

Yep they are here. We also have a reservation for the first night in Portifino. We like to go for a fun night/ Would not make sense to go night two when they have beef wellington in Compass Rose. We did this New Years cruise as an Eastern last year on Navigator and are looking forward to it again as well. Flying in on the 26th, and will be at the Embassy Suites. We have an independent cave tubing booked for Belize and have booked the Copan for

St Tomas. News Years was fun last year and the overnight at Cozemel doesn't bother us. Have a great holiday and see you on board.

TW

I am also going to be on this sailing and am looking forward to it.... a few questions.... this 3 day-er was not part of the Nav's original sailing schedule. Was there a dry dock in there sometime that created this little getaway? Also, the Voyager had computers in the suites, does anyone know if the Nav has them in the suites as well?

The Navigator goes into drydock on Dec. 7th. We will be seeing her for her first voyage after the spiffing up. I know she will look grand!

I hope my luck does not repeat itself..... I was booked on the 4 day Voyager trip last December that was cancelled along with subsequent cruises because she did not make it out of dry dock in time. Fingers crossed this won't happen this time.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Nav all spiffed up and ready for us!!!

Archived