Paul Gauguin cruise - Tahiti Nui flight

If I recall correctly you get a small bag that has headphones, a sleep shade and socks. The head phones are nothing great and I used the ones for my ipod with an adapter for the plane jack. (About $6 dollars at Radio Shack.)

Individual entertainment screens with various channels of movies and music and cool display showing the plane, temp and airspeed.

Food was really quite good and they came around with drinks and hot towels on a fairly regular basis.

DH and I had no problems but we are both on the shorter side.

Caroline

My son, who is 6'4" said coach "wasn't that bad", better than most other carriers. He thought the food was adequate and they refilled drinks fairly often. He said he watched the movie (no idea whether he purchased headset, used the one he carries in his backpack or was given one) and even slept quite a bit.

The bc class seats don't fully recline, but they are very comfortable and I slept a lot.

Oddly enough, though all ATN aircraft are A-340s, their seating arrangements seem to vary by aircraft. I base this claim upon personal observation, having flown with them twice R/T LAX-Tahiti and once R/T LAX-Paris, always in economy class.

I'm 6'2", so I'm sensitive to seat pitch (i.e., leg-room). On two out of the six legs mentioned above, I've been squeezed in like a sardine with my knees absolutely pressed against the seat ahead so the person sitting there could not recline without causing grievous bodily harm to my esteemed self. Uncomfortable in the extreme. The other four flight segments, however, were at least tolerable with an additional inch or two of pitch. It didn't seem to have anything to do with being in or near an exit row, either, as that has never happened.

Frankly, I don't know how a person 6'4" could say it "wasn't that bad," but maybe he had a higher paid threshhold than mine.

The other comments given regarding economy class are true. They do quite a nice job of providing entertainment and service. And yes, the headphones are free.

As for Jan's promised January report: Before you believe anything she writes about seats, ask how tall she is and what she weighs.....

I think my son was comparing to some on the other airlines he has been on--"not that bad" is a relative term. I am sure he was pretty crammed in--his knees always touch the seat in front of him unless he is in an exit row (which he wasn't on this trip). Actually I feel sorry for the person in front of him as they can't recline their seat at all.

Archived