New here and need advice about the ships

Hi,

I am new here and have been lurking a lot, and pretty much a newbie to cruising also. I have been on one RC cruise and one Carnival cruise. I was on the Explorer of the Seas and didn’t like it much. I was also on the Carnival Miracle and loved that. I want to give RC another try though but I don’t want such a large ship. Part of the reason why I disliked the Explorer so much was that it was way too big. I also didn't get very good service and some issues with that. I didn’t like that Royal promenade. Just reminded me of a shopping mall. I want a smaller ship. The Miracle was around 88,000 tons and I liked that size. Does RC have something in that size as well? I am not interested in rock walls, skating rinks or anything like that because I won't use them. I have been reading on here about Radiance class ships…..can someone tell me about that? Also, where do those ships go? I want to stick with the Caribbean.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Radiance Class ships are gorgeous and may be exactly what you are looking for. However, they are still large ships. But they do not have the promenade, ice rink, etc. The adults only pool area is very nice.

If they are still too big, check out the Vision Class ships.

Radiance Class ships are gorgeous and may be exactly what you are looking for. However, they are still large ships. But they do not have the promenade, ice rink, etc. The adults only pool area is very nice.

If they are still too big, check out the Vision Class ships.

Can you tell me if they are the size of the Miracle. That ship was 88,000 tons and I would like to stick with that size, give or take a couple thousand tons. I guess I am looking for a med-large ship but not a mega monster like the Explorer was. I didn't like that at all.

Can you tell me if they are the size of the Miracle. That ship was 88,000 tons and I would like to stick with that size, give or take a couple thousand tons. I guess I am looking for a med-large ship but not a mega monster like the Explorer was. I didn't like that at all.

The Radiance class ships are about the same size as Carnival Miracle (90,000 tons), but it feels less crowded and has much more elegance and glass. They sound like exactly what you are looking for. The ships are Radiance, Serenade, Jewel and Brilliance.

They do the Caribbean in the winter, and Alaska/Europe in the summer. They also do special itineraries like Hawaii and Panama Canal in the fall and spring, and some repositioning/transatlantic cruises that are very good values.

For something different than the same tired old ports, check out the southern Caribbean itineraries leaving from San Juan.

The Radiance class ships are about the same size as Carnival Miracle (90,000 tons), but it feels less crowded and has much more elegance and glass. They sound like exactly what you are looking for. The ships are Radiance, Serenade, Jewel and Brilliance.

They do the Caribbean in the winter, and Alaska/Europe in the summer. They also do special itineraries like Hawaii and Panama Canal in the fall and spring, and some repositioning/transatlantic cruises that are very good values.

For something different than the same tired old ports, check out the southern Caribbean itineraries leaving from San Juan.

My family and I take our vacations in the summer so do the Radiance class ships go at that time?

Actually when I was on the Miracle it didn't feel crowded at all. The Explorer to me felt really crowded and really big.

Which ships go to the southern Caribbean?

My family and I take our vacations in the summer so do the Radiance class ships go at that time?

Actually when I was on the Miracle it didn't feel crowded at all. The Explorer to me felt really crowded and really big.

Unfortunately we can only sail during the summer too, so we haven't been able to take a Radiance class ship yet. They are all in Alaska and Europe at that time. (Serenade does the Souther Carib, but only Nov/Dec through April/May)

The Vision class does the Caribbean in the summer, as well as the Mex Riviera. They are a bit smaller (70,000 - 80,000 rons, depending on the ship - some have been "stretched"), and they are older ships. These are: Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Rhapsody, Splendour, and Vision.

That wouold be the Serenade

serenade does so carib after alaska (so it should be there now or soon)....i have pix of serenade from our alaska trip if you click the link below in my signature...

i think you will like it...we prefer the bigger ships like explorer....serenade is a beautiful ship don't get me wrong...i just preferred the promenade and space on Explorer....however, many people love the serenade and her sister ships in the radiance class.....give it a try....i think you will love it.

serenade does so carib after alaska (so it should be there now or soon)....i have pix of serenade from our alaska trip if you click the link below in my signature...

i think you will like it...we prefer the bigger ships like explorer....serenade is a beautiful ship don't get me wrong...i just preferred the promenade and space on Explorer....however, many people love the serenade and her sister ships in the radiance class.....give it a try....i think you will love it.

Thank you, yes, the Serenade does look very nice. I just looked at your photos. Can you tell me if it has a specialty restaurant?

Archived