Man over board

PACURN

Anyone remember a thread a few years back where some woman started a petition (think compensation) becuase the ship turned around to look for a pax?

we we on the regal princess 15 days to hawaii and the second night out at 3:40 am the captain made an announcement that we were missing a passenger.....everyone was to stay in their cabins for a head count..he named the missing passenger and age...girl 17 years old....reported missing by her father,....we could feel the ship slow down.....5 minutes later the captain announced that the girl was found..she had called the purser's deck and told them she had fallen asleep in a friends cabin...it was the talk of the ship the next day...it turns out that she was one of our tablemates..lol...

On a Princess cruise we had a similar hunt take place. A man was missing his wife. She turned up in a crew member's SHOWER! HooHaa, that was the talk of the ship!!!

Dan

On a Princess cruise we had a similar hunt take place. A man was missing his wife. She turned up in a crew member's SHOWER! HooHaa, that was the talk of the ship!!!

Dan

Bet she had a hard time explaining that one...

Thanks Stacy, you are quite right, it is my choice, Thats why we live in America. Land of the free. Since you are typing in blue we all can read you words. Thank you.

It's funny how this thread has turned into how my colour of type causes grief to you all. I've been posting here for a couple of years and have never been told off about that. Oh well thats why we live in America. Land of the Free.

Melika thanks for your support. Forgot to mention that earlier. I also didn't think it was an issue but apparently it is.

Just an FYI for you.

You enjoy the words," Thats why we live in America. Land of the free." Well Freedom means is our government is restricted from imposing on our rights without our agreement. It does not mean we are free to act any way we want. "Our freedom to swing our arms stops at the next persons' nose," is an easy way to understand our "freedoms" in personal relationships.

A person stated that your choice of color caused him/her trouble. Now you may think about that problem and decide that you like your color more than you care whether that person reads your posts or not. Or you can dismiss the person out of hand and continue using pink. Same result, much different attitude.

You did say "Sorry but".... so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and figure you considered the problem and rejected it.

Living in the "Land of the Free" REQUIRES much greater personal responsibility than living in ANY other land.

Dan

Just an FYI for you.

You enjoy the words," Thats why we live in America. Land of the free." Well Freedom means is our government is restricted from imposing on our rights without our agreement. It does not mean we are free to act any way we want. "Our freedom to swing our arms stops at the next persons' nose," is an easy way to understand our "freedoms" in personal relationships.

A person stated that your choice of color caused him/her trouble. Now you may think about that problem and decide that you like your color more than you care whether that person reads your posts or not. Or you can dismiss the person out of hand and continue using pink. Same result, much different attitude.

You did say "Sorry but".... so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and figure you considered the problem and rejected it.

Living in the "Land of the Free" REQUIRES much greater personal responsibility than living in ANY other land.

Dan

Well done!

Anyone remember a thread a few years back where some woman started a petition (think compensation) becuase the ship turned around to look for a pax?

WOW. :eek: I guess there is no such thing as hearing it all.

I remember some guy bitching last year when the Legend came back late into NY because it had turned around for a jumper, and he was threatening all kinds of nonsense.

Just when you think you've read it all, some gherkindrum comes along and tops it.

Thanks Madge. Pink is a great colour. I didn't think it would be controversial. Anyway October is breast cancer month. Think Pink.

I don't think pink is controversial. I love the color as well. I guess I think of it as the same as someone who is almost deaf asking someone to speak a little slower so that they can read lips. For him it wasn't an opinion against pink. He was pointing out that due to failing eyesite he couldn't read what you had written. I agreed that it was hard but managable (someone else pointed out that if the text is highlighted it is easy....something too simple for me to have thought of,:p but will really make a difference) If you are feeling attacked, I don't why, but I am sorry for my part in the drama and will highlight your words from now on since I enjoy your posts.

Thanks Stacy, you are quite right, it is my choice, Thats why we live in America. Land of the free. Since you are typing in blue we all can read you words. Thank you.

It's funny how this thread has turned into how my colour of type causes grief to you all. I've been posting here for a couple of years and have never been told off about that. Oh well thats why we live in America. Land of the Free.

Melika thanks for your support. Forgot to mention that earlier. I also didn't think it was an issue but apparently it is.

Darker pink is ok, but the lighter colors are very hard to read. I figure as long as I'm posting why not make it easy for everyone? Debbie, you have a darker pink, so it shows up well.

Had a little excitement on the Spirit last week as we were sailing home. I'm in the shower when I hear "Bravo Bravo Starboard side". Not knowing what this was I jumped out of the shower, grabbed my robe and ran out on the balcony to see what I could see. I saw nothing so I went back to the bathroom to do my thing. I rinsed out the bathing suits and asked the DH to lay them on the chairs on the balcony. The next thing I hear is him hollering at me to come here. There is orange smoke out in the water.

By now I could tell the ship was slowing down. It stopped and then made a big circle around the smoke. As we got close we could see the life rings in the ocean. We could see the officers on the Bridge looking with binoculars.

Ryan, the CD, came on and said a crew member thought he'd seen someone in the water. After quite some time looking nothing was found and we moved on. Later a complete head count was taken. It turns out that nobody was missing thankfully. We had seen some dolphins playing around the ship. Maybe that was what this person saw who knows, but it was exciting. Never had that happen.

Just thought I'd share it with you all.

Had a similar thing happen on the Victory, October 2006. Was very impressed at how quickly, efficiently and in a non-panic mode a full head count was done and all accounted for.

On the flip side did see a couple of Cubans in a small row boat when we were on the Imagination December 2005. Put a bit of a downer spin on the last night of our cruise... think of how sucky life with Uncle Fidel must be to get in a small boat to head to the U.S.A....

Thanks Madge. Pink is a great colour. I didn't think it would be controversial. Anyway October is breast cancer month. Think Pink.

The month is almost over, but for future Octobers it is also Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Think purple. And pink. :p :cool:

Ahh the wonder of youth and good eyesite. :p I don't think the person was trying to be mean by pointing out that pink is hard to read. I can read it if I squint just right. There is someone that posts in green and I just skip right over their posts because it is too much hassle. If a person is posting for their own pleasure then it doesn't matter at all but if they are trying to communicate and be helpful to other readers then it might matter that some of the audience is struggling. Now that she knows, it is her choice what she does with the info. And I don't think there is a right or wrong choice.

Thank You for your response. I so agree with you. I also skip the green/pink post. I did go back and read today to see what some of the comments to Debbie were about.

Also, thanks for the highlight tip.

Archived